Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you honestly like who you are. think about how you treat yourself, and the people around you. Do you like the person you have become.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
I can say that I don't dislike myself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Why should an ENTP hate himself or herself? I know I can't become Mother Teresa, but I care about my friends and family, and, being a Teacher, I think my job fits me quite well. As for the negative aspects of my personality, I know that they exist, but every personality has got its disadvantages, so I don't mind so much.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
My thing is that I've never looked at actions or words as the whole of who you are, therefore I would never hate myself for what I do. I may hurt someone for what I say or do, but 'I' could also have said or done something that didn't hurt the person.
That doesn't mean that I don't realize when I do those things or that I think nothing of them, though.

Reactions: Monte

·
Registered
21 Posts
The classic ENTP duality is that there is always a fluid sense of self. For that reason, I guess I can't say I really like who I am, because who I am is not static. One thing that I am sure of is that I am happiest when I can loose myself in my passions. When I find something that "takes me out of my head" for a bit, I find myself most fulfilled.

When I am dissatisfied with my performance or I am having multiple simultaneous failed attempts at something, I crash hard. We ENTPs are on a constant optimism high, and when we are forced out of that world i think we get tunnel vision on the negative. It is a vicious cycle.

Get knocked off your pedestal > cry and have someone kiss your booboo > let the booboo heal > drum up the courage to climb the pedestal again > get knocked off your pedestal

I don't know about the other ENTPs here, but when I've been floored I tend to get very defensive, too. Like any earthbound mammal, I get very aggressive when I'm backed into a corner. I tend to project my own shortcomings onto other people and become very critical of people who disappoint me.

And yet... there's something almost surreal about all of those messy emotions. There's something that makes you feel human. I can honestly say that in a way, I rejoice in despair and see the beauty of disaster.

·
Registered
691 Posts
The classic ENTP duality is that there is always a lucid sense of self. For that reason, I guess I can't say I really like who I am, because who I am is not static.
Speaking of lucidity, this is incoherent to me. How does having a lucid sense of self relate to not being static? In fact, if you believe you're so dynamic and inconsistent to the point where you can't even say whether or not you like yourself, it sounds like your sense of self has no lucidity at all.

·
Banned
998 Posts
I love myself more than I love anyone else. I kick ass. My views make sense, my methods of getting what I want keep getting more polished, and people seem to like me.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Speaking of lucidity, this is incoherent to me. How does having a lucid sense of self relate to not being static? In fact, if you believe you're so dynamic and inconsistent to the point where you can't even say whether or not you like yourself, it sounds like your sense of self has no lucidity at all.
My bad. I thought lucid meant the exact opposite of what it actually means. Thanks for pointing it out. I'll edit.

·
Registered
545 Posts
i dont love...anybody else....when i think about MEEE....i touch myself....wewhhhooo

·
Registered
5 Posts
The classic ENTP duality is that there is always a fluid sense of self. For that reason, I guess I can't say I really like who I am, because who I am is not static. One thing that I am sure of is that I am happiest when I can loose myself in my passions. When I find something that "takes me out of my head" for a bit, I find myself most fulfilled.

When I am dissatisfied with my performance or I am having multiple simultaneous failed attempts at something, I crash hard. We ENTPs are on a constant optimism high, and when we are forced out of that world i think we get tunnel vision on the negative. It is a vicious cycle.

Get knocked off your pedestal > cry and have someone kiss your booboo > let the booboo heal > drum up the courage to climb the pedestal again > get knocked off your pedestal

I don't know about the other ENTPs here, but when I've been floored I tend to get very defensive, too. Like any earthbound mammal, I get very aggressive when I'm backed into a corner. I tend to project my own shortcomings onto other people and become very critical of people who disappoint me.

And yet... there's something almost surreal about all of those messy emotions. There's something that makes you feel human. I can honestly say that in a way, I rejoice in despair and see the beauty of disaster.
Are you sure you are ENTP?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts