Personality Cafe banner

Do you look like your chronological age?

• I look older than my chronological age

Votes: 95 16.1%
  • I look like my chronological age

Votes: 99 16.8%
  • I look younger than my chronological age

Votes: 395 67.1%
1 - 20 of 297 Posts

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Physically, I think I look about my age, but people often mistake me for older because of the way that I act. People routinely thought that I was almost done college when I was in high school.

·
Banned
14,865 Posts
People typically guess I'm roughly 8 yrs younger than I am. I don't expose my face to sunlight (90+% of all signs of aging on the skin come from the sun), and I don't smoke.

I don't act my age either -- not even close.

Reactions: paper lilies

·
Registered
325 Posts
Some months ago we did a project in school where you were supposed to find a workplace, and during one week make observations from a social psychological perspective, like how the boss talked to the employees and how the employees talked among each other. I was sixteen at the time, but everyone who asked assumed I was at least twenty or older.

·
Registered
283 Posts
It depends on what I'm wearing. I have a baby face so if I dress-down people can think me very young, but if I dress up then peopke tend to think I look older than I am.

·
Banned
3,025 Posts
It depends; some people think I seem a lot older than I am, others think I seem a lot younger. I think I break the scale, personally. :wink:

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
I recently got asked for ID to see a rated-R movie. I'm 23.

I also go into schools a lot for work and have many times been mistaken for a (high school) student.

·
Registered
960 Posts
It has varied widely all through my life. It seems to depend on what I'm wearing and how I carry myself. I do manual labor and dress down for work. I'm 33 and I consistently get carded when buying beer (and the drinking age where I live is 19), unless I have my kids with me. Then I don't get carded. But when I was in my teens, I used to dress professionally and accompany my father (who always looked young for his age) when he did public speaking and people always assumed I was his wife.

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
I suppose I look my age. I don't know. This isn't something I think about that often. I don't know how someone who is 26 is supposed to look. I did get asked if I went to this towns high school a few months ago though. I just think he wasn't very bright. :p

·
Registered
179 Posts
Yeah I look way younger than I really am >_>

One time in grade 3 one of the teachers walked up to me and said "you're in the wrong line" and pointed to the grade 1 lines >_>

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Not as bad as my friend though, she's 23 and they gave her a coloring book when we went out to eat.
(Laughs) This happens to me at times as well.
"Would you like the kids menu or the adult menu?"
"I'm in university..."
"So, no kids menu?"
"No kids menu... but leave the coloring book."

I love me some coloring books.
That part never gets old.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Wait...

If everyone looks younger than their chronological age... Then isn't 'looking younger' what you are supposed to look like and therefore, everyone should have voted "I look like my chronological age" or "I look older than my chronological age".

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wait...

If everyone looks younger than their chronological age... Then isn't 'looking younger' what you are supposed to look like and therefore, everyone should have voted "I look like my chronological age" or "I look older than my chronological age".
Apparently not in according to society.
We are just the minority online that share the fate of the "baby face".

·
Banned
493 Posts
@chances2468 @paper lilies

She was rather >:)! It meant she had to pay less for food. She got the kid's meal.

Thing is she has a mild case of dwarfism, but it's where her body parts are proportionate to each other. So, she really just looks like a little, frail person. Being really skinny hasn't helped her either xD She shops in the juniors section too. Her boots are also from the juniors section.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
My face is a bit boyish, so I probably look a bit younger than I am, but people usually think I'm substantially older when they talk to me because of my deep voice and general demeanor.

1 - 20 of 297 Posts