Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
I don't date, so I wouldn't know. But he sounds like a faggot. *is joking*

Iunno, if I saw someone have an conniption over desert, I'd be weirded out too. Or at least wonder why it was so exciting to them.

·
Registered
424 Posts
One time a guy asked me out for lunch and I said "No thank you I brought my lunch." He got a wierd look on his face and walked away. Only later did I realize that the point was to socialize, not go buy lunch. Doh!
Sometimes I'm like that too!

Umm other INTPs please input. I want to know if dating is not for NTs lol.

·
Registered
135 Posts
It is for INs.They're just picky in choosing the right partner, because sometimes their partner wants more from the relationship, sometimes they don't want enough..

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
I have never been on what I consider a successful date with someone I did not already some-what know. I have definitely had my fair share of fumbling on dates. Horrible experiences. Blind dates = hell. Forcing small talk = hell. I like to meet women in coffee houses, cafes, and bars that I feel suit my personality. I often prefer spacious, ultra trendy, or upscale locations where everyone acts like they are too good for each other. These places relax me, as does the alcohol sometimes. A good first date would be returning to that location to see if we can reproduce the experience.

·
Registered
384 Posts
I am not much into dating. All the women I know that meet my intellectual standards do not meet my physical and vice versa. The thing that finally turned my off dating and taking advice from friends is like 6 months ago my friend told me her best friend was into me. Her friend was not quite up to par on my physical standards and in some ways she met my mental standards but failed in others but I decided I shouldn't waste opportunities and asked her out despite my misgivings.

On all our dates she would not shut up about things that made no sense and were completely uninteresting so I ended up just making out with her to make her shut up all the time. She would not let me progress past making out even after a month and a half of dating so I finally just up front asked her what she thought about sex and she gave no reply then broke up with me a few days later because I scared her.

Then I am talking to her friend a few days later and it turns out that she did in fact not have a 'crush' on me in the first place and I went through all this crap for naught. I will forgo dating until such a time as I meet a woman who fully meets all my unreasonable standards.

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
I'm getting better at not making these mistakes. For example, a recent conversation went something like this.

Girl - "Is weight a priority for you?"

Me - "There are factors that I consider higher priorities. In fact, my ex was 5'9 and weighed more than me."

One of these priorities is to make the girl feel good about herself.

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
I'm pretty good at dating. I have developed game by studying my older brothers and listening to their advice about women from them and my dad. It's something I had a huge interest in and studied alot about it so I am now pretty good at the whole dating thing. I got a girl now so I don't participate anymore but when I did I cleaned up. Although there was one that got away. She was probably the best looking, most confident of all the dates I've had. Although I was nervous, and we couldn't seem to get any kind of meaningful conversation going (although I tried, it was hard work) she seemed to think I was overly arrogant which I was kind of pleased with in a way. Anything for me is better than coming off as nervous. We were both Scorpios, that's probably the reason why we clashed so heavily. Shame though, she was gorgeous. No word of a lie... This is her

http://www.eyecandy-promo.co.uk/media/images/models/eye_candy_141_Wenham_Kelly_3.jpg

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
Memorable quotes for
"Sex and the City" Games People Play (1999)

Carrie Bradshaw: So why are you in therapy. Seriously?
Seth: I'm really fucked up about women. After I sleep with them, I completely lose interest. What about you? What's your problem?
Carrie Bradshaw: [narrating] I believe in therapy, this moment is called "the breakthrough".
Carrie Bradshaw: I pick the wrong men.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I haven't really dated; only been on two first dates...they both went pretty bad because since I didn't really know them I tended to answer every question with a yes or no. I very rarely meet someone that I can converse with right away, but when I do it's amazing! I once met a guy and we started talking about philosophy, and important periods in history, and religion almost immediately...would have gone on a date with him but I was already in a relationship.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I once met a guy and we started talking about philosophy, and important periods in history, and religion almost immediately...would have gone on a date with him but I was already in a relationship.
That sounds like it might've been a nice relationship. Did you keep in contact with him?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ahahahaha. That's too bad. XD

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
One time a guy asked me out for lunch and I said "No thank you I brought my lunch." He got a wierd look on his face and walked away. Only later did I realize that the point was to socialize, not go buy lunch. Doh!
Yes! That is what I constantly do! I answer questions literally, then I will reflect on what he asked and his reaction to what I said and realize it looked like I blew him off! Then I wonder why he stops approaching me.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Well, I'm married now, so I don't make any dating mistakes, heh.

I never really did the dating thing. It's pointless to me. Two people who are deceiving each other for several months, only putting forth their very best sides, in order to make the other person like them. It's useless.

I've met most of my girlfriends through acquaintances, and it was just a situation where friends were hanging out and it progressed from there. Even with my wife; her cousin was my neighbor, and my neighbor and I hung out almost daily, and became great friends, and one day her cousin came over to visit, and the rest is history. Dating is just stupid, unless you're both 100% genuine from the get-go, and how often does that happen?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I'm pretty good at dating. I have developed game by studying my older brothers and listening to their advice about women from them and my dad. It's something I had a huge interest in and studied alot about it so I am now pretty good at the whole dating thing. I got a girl now so I don't participate anymore but when I did I cleaned up. Although there was one that got away. She was probably the best looking, most confident of all the dates I've had. Although I was nervous, and we couldn't seem to get any kind of meaningful conversation going (although I tried, it was hard work) she seemed to think I was overly arrogant which I was kind of pleased with in a way. Anything for me is better than coming off as nervous. We were both Scorpios, that's probably the reason why we clashed so heavily. Shame though, she was gorgeous. No word of a lie... This is her

http://www.eyecandy-promo.co.uk/media/images/models/eye_candy_141_Wenham_Kelly_3.jpg
HAHAHA! Do you actually believe that the stars position relative your date of birth determines your life and personality? If so, you are a fucking moron.

·
Banned
1,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Well, I'm married now, so I don't make any dating mistakes, heh.

I never really did the dating thing. It's pointless to me. Two people who are deceiving each other for several months, only putting forth their very best sides, in order to make the other person like them. It's useless.

I've met most of my girlfriends through acquaintances, and it was just a situation where friends were hanging out and it progressed from there. Even with my wife; her cousin was my neighbor, and my neighbor and I hung out almost daily, and became great friends, and one day her cousin came over to visit, and the rest is history. Dating is just stupid, unless you're both 100% genuine from the get-go, and how often does that happen?
When I meet someone I never put on my very best side! I am always myself, plain and simply me. I actually discuss my flaws openly - you should see the looks I get from guys who don't understand why I don't care to impress!

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I can occasionally interpret stuff literally but it is Ti used in self-defense ... so I'd know what they are really saying but subconsciously I want to get away so I'd behave in a weird manner to repel them. I think I should practice this being direct thing in the future.

I am not much into dating. All the women I know that meet my intellectual standards do not meet my physical and vice versa. The thing that finally turned my off dating and taking advice from friends is like 6 months ago my friend told me her best friend was into me. Her friend was not quite up to par on my physical standards and in some ways she met my mental standards but failed in others but I decided I shouldn't waste opportunities and asked her out despite my misgivings.

On all our dates she would not shut up about things that made no sense and were completely uninteresting so I ended up just making out with her to make her shut up all the time. She would not let me progress past making out even after a month and a half of dating so I finally just up front asked her what she thought about sex and she gave no reply then broke up with me a few days later because I scared her.

Then I am talking to her friend a few days later and it turns out that she did in fact not have a 'crush' on me in the first place and I went through all this crap for naught. I will forgo dating until such a time as I meet a woman who fully meets all my unreasonable standards.
wow man, you sound like you'd make for one unpleasant date

1 - 20 of 31 Posts