Personality Cafe banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
My biggest mistake: Going on the date in the first place. :frustrating: I always make people feel bad since I never feel particularly interested in the relationship. It's awful I know.

·
Banned
1,068 Posts
HAHAHA! Do you actually believe that the stars position relative your date of birth determines your life and personality? If so, you are a fucking moron.
Not entirely, on some levels I think it could be the case. Other Scorpios, in my experience have tended to be pretty similar to me. Relax anyway, there's no need to start insulting me is there little man?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Like one post mentioned, I have a hard time finding the right balance. Many girls that I find physically attractive, turn out to be uninteresting to converse with and I don't care to engage them. Girls that I've dated that can converse well and grab my attention tend to be unattractive physically. I've dated 5 or 6 women this year and I've walked away each time b/c I can't find the right balance. It gets discouraging.

·
Registered
220 Posts
i used to be absolutely hopeless with women. I remember funny stories where my girlfriend's friends would have to come tell me to kiss her or dance with her because I had no experience whatsoever.

I think NT males struggle with dating because its so counter-intuitive in so many respects. I think guys are easier to please from an NT perspective in the dating game, to be honest ladies.

from a guys perspective, i think the thing that is going to help the most is to stop thinking about sex. Or if you are doing a good job entertaining her. The day I stopped caring about getting laid, guess what started to happen

oh yea. stop going to dinner on the first hangout. it isn't a damn interview

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
I go on 'dates,' but once it starts feeling like a date it's already ruined and it won't work out with that person.

·
Registered
INTP
1,938 Posts
I go on 'dates,' but once it starts feeling like a date it's already ruined and it won't work out with that person.
Dating to work out if you want a relationship or not is the wrong way round.

·
Registered
INTP
1,938 Posts
What is your definition of "dating" here?
Well there are dates once you're in a good relationship, and those are good ones because you already know that you enjoy being with the person. And there are dates with strangers, and those are the wrong way around. How can you have a "date" with a stranger? That should be called what it is: a "terribly awkward meeting that needs to be forgotten".

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Well there are dates once you're in a good relationship, and those are good ones because you already know that you enjoy being with the person. And there are dates with strangers, and those are the wrong way around. How can you have a "date" with a stranger? That should be called what it is: a "terribly awkward meeting that needs to be forgotten".
Aha, it's the third (strangers) I was talking about. Well, so to reply to your first comment: it sounds sad, but it's practically the only way I actually ever contact any new people. 9 times out of 10 it starts online, through the various apps (not necessarily dating apps but 'social apps' in the broadest sense).
Yes, I'll eye someone up every now and then in other places, real places; but I've never actually met anyone at say the office or some class/group and ask them out for coffee. That's stuff from the movies for me. And the reason why I called it "sad" is because I know it's third best... so I guess we're not exactly in disagreement. My routines (work, hobbies, etc.), for years and years, just never put me in an environment where these casual contacts can occur (either they are solitary activities or with the completely wrong demographic profiles, like males 51 and stuff).

·
Registered
INTP
1,938 Posts
Aha, it's the third (strangers) I was talking about. Well, so to reply to your first comment: it sounds sad, but it's practically the only way I actually ever contact any new people. 9 times out of 10 it starts online, through the various apps (not necessarily dating apps but 'social apps' in the broadest sense).
Yes, I'll eye someone up every now and then in other places, real places; but I've never actually met anyone at say the office or some class/group and ask them out for coffee. That's stuff from the movies for me. And the reason why I called it "sad" is because I know it's third best... so I guess we're not exactly in disagreement. My routines (work, hobbies, etc.), for years and years, just never put me in an environment where these casual contacts can occur (either they are solitary activities or with the completely wrong demographic profiles, like males 51 and stuff).
I think that the impossible sometimes happens and our lives aren't always as calculated and routine as we seem to think they are.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts