Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you ever find that you know exactly how to word something to someone so that they understand, and you know exactly what they won't understand about what someone else has said so you answer their questions before they ask it?

Do you ever try and suss people out? As in try and work out if they're married, what their occupation is, their fears, strengths etc. going by patterns you've collected.

Do you remember faces exceptionally well? It's as if you always know when you've seen a face before but can't always pinpoint where you recognise it from?

Do you love guessing at things? Trying to measure the time it'll take for the lights to change, the distance between two objects, someones capabilities etc.

Do you find yourself considering many options and being able to provide plausible reasons why each and every one of them may be the correct answer/solution, only for it to end up actually hindering you and making a decision leaving you rather uncomfortable?
Or is it just me? :crazy:

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
I do share all of those qualities. Every one of them comes as natural as breathing to me so my guess would be that those are typical traits for an INTP. Well I guess the face remembering might be a bit rarer but the others seem to be a direct result of how we work.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do share all of those qualities. Every one of them comes as natural as breathing to me so my guess would be that those are typical traits for an INTP. Well I guess the face remembering might be a bit rarer but the others seem to be a direct result of how we work.
Woo! Do you know your enneagram type by any chance? 5w4 maybe?

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Do you ever find that you know exactly how to word something to someone so that they understand, and you know exactly what they won't understand about what someone else has said so you answer their questions before they ask it?
I'm the exact opposite, people rarely understand what I'm trying to explain. I might as well be speaking a different language. The way I process information doesn't make sense to most people.

Do you ever try and suss people out? As in try and work out if they're married, what their occupation is, their fears, strengths etc. going by patterns you've collected.
That's natural in all people to a certain degree. Most of us try to understand the people we interact with.

Do you remember faces exceptionally well? It's as if you always know when you've seen a face before but can't always pinpoint where you recognise it from?
I would say that I see familiarity where there is none. I think I recognize people often only to realize I've never seen them before in my life.

Do you love guessing at things? Trying to measure the time it'll take for the lights to change, the distance between two objects, someones capabilities etc.
Who doesn't like to quantify?

Do you find yourself considering many options and being able to provide plausible reasons why each and every one of them may be the correct answer/solution, only for it to end up actually hindering you and making a decision leaving you rather uncomfortable?
Yes.

No it's not just you.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I share most of these with you.
I'm just awful at remembering faces.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Haha, sometimes. But mostly with people I know well :)

Nope and nope. My face (and name) memory is actually quite horrible, I often feel embarrassed that I need to see someone at least 2-3 times or once for 1-2 hours to recognise them next time. And I just don't remember names. The most that I do after 1st hearing is the initial of their name or a 'feeling' about how it sounded. On the other hand I remember (and often insignificant) numbers and short number sequences just after a glance and for quite a few hours, sometimes days.

I'm not guessing, I'm MEASURING all the time (by counting the seconds) :crazy: How long does my toaster takes, how much time until the lights go red/green, etc.

Yeah, all the time. Though what I find somewhat easier is why the many different options wouldn't work. Though I think it's useful to carefully think everything through before making decisions, so I'm fine with it :D

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha, sometimes. But mostly with people I know well :)

Nope and nope. My face (and name) memory is actually quite horrible, I often feel embarrassed that I need to see someone at least 2-3 times or once for 1-2 hours to recognise them next time. And I just don't remember names. The most that I do after 1st hearing is the initial of their name or a 'feeling' about how it sounded. On the other hand I remember (and often insignificant) numbers and short number sequences just after a glance and for quite a few hours, sometimes days.

I'm not guessing, I'm MEASURING all the time (by counting the seconds) :crazy: How long does my toaster takes, how much time until the lights go red/green, etc.

Yeah, all the time. Though what I find somewhat easier is why the many different options wouldn't work. Though I think it's useful to carefully think everything through before making decisions, so I'm fine with it :D
I found I often get hunches but they're wrong, and I really don't like being wrong which I guess is why I go through this long-winded process just to make certain that I'm right.

I found with faces that for some reason I can't fully remember what people I'm actually quite close with look like, and I forget strangers names or people I've only just met. But I just know when I've seen a certain face before - it's quite weird.

The fact that you measure while I guess is quite interesting. There are things that I've been doing for years that I still dont fully appreciate the understanding of, it surprises me sometimes. I guess at things but never actually remember and store the true answers, counting down for something to load for instance.

·
Banned
1,958 Posts

Pretty much all the time except when I talk to other INTPs.

Strengths and weaknesses? Yes. Marriage and other related Drama? I dont care.

Do you remember faces exceptionally well? It's as if you always know when you've seen a face before but can't always pinpoint where you recognize it from?

Yeah. I struggle with names though.

Typically yes.

I have a knack for being able to understand both sides all the time.

·
Registered
551 Posts
No. During the few times that I speak to people, they hardly understand me.
(Before you say: "If you write like this then people obviously don't understand you", let me tell you english isn't my my primary language. lol)

Sure I do.

No, I hardly remember a face if I didn't see it 2-3 times. With many exceptions.

I spend the most of my time thinking, sure I do.

·
Registered
915 Posts

Yep, I try to make a detailed analysis of people, thought processes, concepts of thinking and stuff... So explaining them something is not that difficult... I dont feel close enough to most people though...

Yep. Usually accurate.

I have enormous database of faces, I tend to watch faces just to add more input to the database... I can spot a patterns easily and find doppelgänger, there are people from different parts of the world that looks really similar... I usually Si the people and the results are telling me what is the person mostly going to be like.

Sometimes.

The P in INTP

Reactions: TruthDismantled

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Boo to. That is all.

Reactions: TruthDismantled

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,577 Posts
l think the first thing you listed is more Teish, but l could be misunderstanding (ba da bum...chhhh).

Seriously, though, l find l have a lot of accidental and sometimes far out misinterpretations of literal speech with Ne-Ti which lead to my failing to detect when l may not be expressing myself concretely sometimes.

Perhaps dominant Ti is different.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Yes. Especially with my elderly neighbor.
No. I don't really care about people's information enough to do that.
Yes, but I suck at remembering names.
Yes. Whenever I'm at a red light I always count down "3...2...1... green!" Not so much with someone's capabilities though. I just have no interest in people's information, as stated above.
Yup. This is why I'm generally indecisive.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts