Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed a lot of NT's that come off as emotionally cold. Do you come off as cold?

Reactions: PrettyChaotic

·
Registered
4,687 Posts
I honestly couldn't tell you.

No one has ever told me that I do. I would imagine that sometimes I probably do though. Really cold.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think my E sort of hides my coldness. I do get called over analytical and detached by close friends and family though.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I do come off as a heartless bastard a lot of times, but I'm really a nice guy. Honest.

Reactions: Knives

·
Registered
911 Posts
Yes.
Even though I usually have no intentions to do so.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
All the time. I wear the 'bitch' tag at work with a lot of pride because of it. I do not mean to be crass but I don't see the need for warmth when its business. Even when I meet people in my reality, I know they always think I have a wall built up. If they think that, why not attempt to challenge and knock it down?

·
Registered
438 Posts
I would say its one of the biggest dilemas I have, I try to be engaging and sound supportive/interested/caring,yet I come across as cold and calculating. The external impression does not mimic the internal intent. It fucks me up no end, I just cant get the two to meet. It frustrates the shit out of me and gets all unnesscarily awkward.

·
Registered
500 Posts
I have been accused of being cold and heartless on a regular basis. But, sometimes that is just the way I see it. But then again, if people do not want a scary answer, they should not ask a scary question.

·
Banned
557 Posts
I've noticed a lot of NT's that come off as emotionally cold. Do you come off as cold?
You already know the answer to that question for me... :crazy: But apparently around places like church and school people seem to flock to me as well as like me because I help them out with things such as giving them a spare dollar for lunch. It's quite odd, I like making things happen and helping out friends of mine but they seem to think I'm mr. pure for doing so.... I've got them in the palm of my hands.... MUHAHAHAHHAHA!!!!!!

·
Banned
5,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I would say its one of the biggest dilemas I have, I try to be engaging and sound supportive/interested/caring,yet I come across as cold and calculating. The external impression does not mimic the internal intent. It fucks me up no end, I just cant get the two to meet. It frustrates the shit out of me and gets all unnesscarily awkward.
Hmm, I guess that's one of the main advantages of being a feeler vs. a thinker. I always come off as extremely warm and kind to people. I also come off as easily approachable. However, it is a double edged sword, because I also often come off as soft, cowardly, unmanly, and to quote some of the local gangstas that attended my high school......"A bitch ass, mark ass, trick ass, pussy ass......N*gga!

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
I would say its one of the biggest dilemas I have, I try to be engaging and sound supportive/interested/caring,yet I come across as cold and calculating. The external impression does not mimic the internal intent.
I've had this issue as well. I think that some people think that because I don't often reveal or broadcast this side of myself, especially not without solicitation, then it's not there. Then when I do decide to, feel that I am being expressive, yet others don't feel the same way or pick up on it. Or doubt my sincerity.

Something else I've encountered is people referring to me as cold, distant, etc, yet never approaching me or asking me about my thoughts/feelings. Why should I give that out to someone who doesn't show any interest or who probably doesn't understand?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes, I'm aloof and polite. I'm never rude or anything like that, I'm just not the type of person that seems warm and open.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Yes. Alot of people tell me that I'm cold. And whenever I ask my ISFP best friend if I am, she always replies, "I'm used to it." I think that's a 'yes'.

·
Banned
2,020 Posts
Abrupt maybe, but not necessarily cold.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
I don't think people usually regard me as cold, just quiet. I'm slow to engage with people but I do engage eventually and become sociable. On the other hand, I like to turn up the chill if I don't like someone and then they stay away from me.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts