Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
833 Posts
I have a hard time expressing my feelings. I think many ISTJ's will agree with me that it is hard to express feelings and we typically prefer actions over words, although there might be a few that this might not apply to.

Even during art class or the alike I had a hard time to critiquing what I thought/felt about what ever it was we were to critique, many times I got deducted points for not participating.

·
Registered
992 Posts
I have trouble expressing my feelings a lot also. I have become better at recognizing what I feel, but I feel uncomfortable expressing it. I feel that it is matter of trust in most cases.

·
Registered
933 Posts
I have no problems if I get mad enough about something. Other times I Am expressing my feelings some of which are gratitude,love,endearment,respect but it is the people not getting it that I have a problem with. I'm too subtle or they need to get to know me better.

·
Registered
343 Posts
You were listed as INTP before and now you're listed as ISFP, so I'm having a hard time taking your threads seriously anymore.

Plus INTP-ISFP isn't really one of those "oh I mistyped myself" things. Those are pretty different types behaviorally.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yes, I have deep trouble expressing affection for someone, especially for a friend. Either it does not sound as sincere, or it is taken as a sexual advance, for whatever reason that might be.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I have difficulty both expressing my own, and with others. I usually have to journal for awhile to figure it out.

·
Registered
433 Posts
My face is a mask of utter politness whenever I've got tointeract with people who aren't close enough to me. So, yes, I've known no other expression than politness (it's an expression now?) Most of the time. Sorry, using my phone.

·
Registered
470 Posts
If I truly try to express my feelings, it seems like either the other person isn't listening, doesn't take me seriously, doesn't understand, or doesn't care.

So I mostly don't bother anymore.

There have been a couple of exceptions - a psychologist who I was paying to listen to me, and my ex-husband, when I first met him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts