Personality Cafe banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My fellow ENTJ's do you also enjoy completely ripping into someone- when you r frustrated/ annoyed/or anytime at all?..via humor Or is it just me? sorry for the "you people" I meant "do people"-- but whatever- its been a long night

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
i dont do this unless someone is trying to be an asshole. However, even then I still don't just become an aggressive bitch. My "warning" is silence...

I don't know if i'm really an entj or infj. I got both on the test....

·
Registered
184 Posts
My fellow ENTJ's do you also enjoy completely ripping into someone- when you r frustrated/ annoyed/or anytime at all?..via humor Or is it just me? sorry for the "you people" I meant "do people"-- but whatever- its been a long night
Generally speaking, people do find it funny when I rip in to someone... but it's a pretty immature thing to do and I've cut it out A LOT in the past few years. That's more of an ESTJ thing to do now and it really just ends up alienating the joker as they age...

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
When someone is asking for it, e.g. when hurting my significant others intentionally, when being an ass. But I do not like to rip them up with words, they always backfire and initiate an ongoing 'fight'. I do like it to remember the assholes and destroy them strategically. Then when confronted, a smile is the only thing I give them.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I don't normally lose my cool with anyone. People who annoy me tend to be not important enough for me to care. :proud:

·
Registered
435 Posts
I'm just feisty in general. If someone doesn't know me, they usually take me the wrong way. Once said people realize "snarky" is part of my charm they are fine.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
I do it all the time. Sometimes I can take it a little far to be honest. If I drag it out I make it horribly fun for everybody watching assuming the person is really in need of it and others were suffering or annoyed by said person's stupidity or actions . I try to do it as dry and sardonically and underhandedly sarcastic as possible. And I do think people need it lol.

·
Registered
4,385 Posts
I've stopped caring about whether or not I've hurt others with my humor or something sarcastic I've said. If I was worried about people's feelings, I would be one exhausted person.

It's pretty easy to tell whether I'm being sassy or whether I'm intentionally being rude. Very rarely am I intentionally rude.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Generally I only start to pick one person out when they have a personal history of being unfair and shallow. I've talked about her before on this forum, but there is one ENFP girl in my class that i now eat lunch with. She drives me to put her down verbally because, in combination with her original habit of picking on me, she is shallow and she has the same capacity to share as an infant. But, I digress.

The humor that I let others hear is often dull or irony-based, so I usually do not offend anyone. sometimes I get into a groove in the unlikely chance that I find the kind of humor others want to hear. Again, off topic now. I'm being weird today; I usually don't give more information that what is asked for.

To sum it up, no, my humor is not usually hurtful.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I tend to make jokes only around the people I know very well, so there's a little chance of me hurting their feelings.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I just heard yesterday from a friend that his roommate I talked to half a year ago thinks that I was dismissive to her. I was quite shocked, because it clearly wasnt my intention and I even thought that we had a nice conversation, but she took my humor the wrong way. I can sometimes use ironic or sassy humor, but I just like to be a little bit provocative. I think that I should reserve that for people who know me better.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
The only time I take a joke too far is when I think someone needs a lesson. Then, it's not so much a joke as it is intense sarcasm and verbal trickery. I REALLY enjoy shredding someone that needs it, and I routinely take the opportunity to do so.

My family's complained my entire life that all I do when I'm mad is make fun of them and make them feel stupid. In my defense, the only thing I really get mad at is intense stupidity that somehow affects me, which is pretty easy to make fun of.

·
Registered
316 Posts
You know the type of jokes that hint at something very real, like someone’s minor flaws, but you deliver like it’s a completely random joke to disguise the fact that you notice the flaw in the first place?

Then you both laugh it off, meanwhile they know that you noticed the flaw, but because they are insecure about it, they pretend that they don’t know that you know and accept that your delivery was random and not purposeful?

Yeah, those are funny.

·
Registered
3,294 Posts
I once told an older female family member that, "you know, sometimes your breast don't look all that flat for your age," noticing their smile suddenly decreasing..."I mean, they look a bit plumped." We both stared at each other...You know that awkward stare where the both of you don't know what else to say...Then, we suddenly fell out laughing...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.