• Yes - at least once a week.

Votes: 202 35.6%
  • No

Votes: 14 2.5%
  • No - Don't have time.

Votes: 3 0.5%
  • No - Too lazy/Unmotivated

Votes: 72 12.7%
  • I exercise indirectly (e.g walking to work/school, etc.)

Votes: 128 22.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 126 Posts

·
Banned
293 Posts
I'm a lazy fuck and would never exercise... except... I find that I kinda like being helfee. Not only that, I need to be fit to meet some of my career/personal interest objectives.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I can guarantee enjoyment if you can make yourself go at a pace where you feel at the end you could have gone longer. :D Have fun! =)
@itsme45 and @pinkrasputin..... MAJOR Thanks to you both! After the gym tonight I thought I'd try getting a run in and test out your tips. The beginning of my loop starts with ~0.5m downhill (it's a tough hill to get back up!). As I was comfortably jogging down it, I realized I didn't think I had it in me to do the 3.5m loop. But I committed to doing this damn hill 2x. I kept in mind the tip about cadence and feeling like your feet are right under you as well as keeping a very comfortable pace. It was easy going down of course but....I made it back up TWICE WITHOUT walking. That was a first! Ever! I haven't made it up once without walking much less 2x. I'm a happy gal tonight! =))

So thank you ladies for the tips!!! I will try it on the actual loop sometime in the next few days!

·
Registered
676 Posts
I can't bring myself to care about fitness. I walk to the park once a week, but I just sit in the grass once I'm there. Exercise and I never got along and that's fine with me.

Reactions: chickydoda

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,232 Posts
I used to get excersize indirectly through walking to work, and stuff I did at work, but now that I'm not working I just walk up and down the stairs in the house, do dishes, putter about the garden, occasionally dance to my music, occsaionally go for casual walks with my camera or little hikes, but yeah, I don't really excersize. The thing for me is that excersize for the sake of excersize (or to build muscles and be a more 'fit' person) is just boring and feels like a chore. I don't have anything against physical activity if it's actually fun or has some other point to it that I want to accomplish. I wouldn't go to a gym, but I would go to a dance group if there was one close by with people I knew....which there isn't. Personally I guess I just think of 'fitness' as being something that corresponds with your lifestyle, that is your work and hobbies. If you like doing active stuff naturally you'll develop muscles and endurance etc. for those activities, but personally I don't see any reason to just do excersize routines ....unless you actually enjoy doing them. It might be usefull if you need to loose weight or have some other health problem that could be helped by activity, but it seems to me that one would be better off finding something they actually liked doing that had some other reward beyond the fitness, rather than just plugging away at an excersize bike or jogging around the neighborhood every morning. I know some people find they enjoy that, and that's great, just saying for me it's not something I really understand doing.

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
I carry parts all day and walk around a store. I work out more inadvertently that intentionally.

Twitch

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
I've been going through the thread trying to guess the types of people who don't have signatures and I've been most mistaken with INFPs.

On another note I can't help but see that xSFx are extremely under-represented here.

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
As somebody with martial arts experience, I know that it's a great workout, but Body Combat, is really the one of the most comical exercise programmes I've ever seen. People kicking the shit out of the air to crap music while looking tough in the mirror, and practicing all the "KEE-YAH!"s and making the "Shh!" noise like UFC fighters. Especially when it's Derek fucking Zoolander doing it with a slightly cheeky version of "Blue Steel".

No offence to you, by the way. Good luck with it.
csb. :)

Reactions: Kormoran

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I either exercise for at least an hour almost every day, or I don't exercise at all. There's never a middle ground, and it depends somewhat on how much I'm seeing people.

Right now I'm being bummy, but during the rest of the year I'd run about every day, and either go to an exercise class or clubbing on the remaining days. (Which I swear might be the best workout, however ridiculous.) Also horseback riding, but that's not very intensive.

My body probably hates me for the inconsistency.

·
Registered
646 Posts
I aim for at least 3-4 days a week. Makes me feel good and gives me a way to clear my thoughts. Most days I look forward to it, some days NOT AT ALL :/

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
There's a pretty huge step down from "every day" to "at least one time per week". I work out frequently (3-4x per week), but my 1x/week option (which BTW is less than what is considered healthy) seems not to do that justice.

81 - 100 of 126 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.