Personality Cafe banner

Planning on getting Married anytime in the future?

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

Banned
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious to see what the general sentiments on marriage are here on PerC.

Current trends in the West seem to be that women are putting off marriage and kids and are facing the consequences of it. You should figure it out before you hit 25 or things will be more difficult.

Explain your reasoning.

Registered
馃寛馃幑鈽甀NFJ 666 sx/sp馃嚭馃嚫馃拑馃徎馃拫

Registered
馃寛馃幑鈽甀NFJ 666 sx/sp馃嚭馃嚫馃拑馃徎馃拫
Nope. I don't need to proof my love by getting a wedding. I don't see why I need a wedding. If we are happy, then we are happy. End of story. No need to spend big money on making something 'official' to the state and/or country.
I think this also often gets ignored.
People are choosing cohabitation over getting the government involved.
It's skewed the stats a bit.

Banned
I voted 'not sure' because honestly, I don't "plan" on it - it isn't on my bucket list - whatever happens happens.
I'm keeping an open mind though!

Registered
INFP 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sp
Yes, I will definitly get married. I already know who I will marry.

I don't need to prove my love for her by marriage.

I don't need her to prove her love for me by marrying me.

I am not a religious person who says you have to get married just because.

I don't need marriage for her and me to ensure loyalty to each other.

I want to feel all the positive emotions when the times come I will ask her, and she says yes.
When our families and friends witness two very happy people much in love with each other.

I want to see and experience that all in my life.
And forever have this memory and celebrate that day every year.

I want to create this kind of happiness.

Registered
INFJ 4w5
I'm honestly not sure. I do believe in love and if I met the right person that I see my life with, than yes. I'm very open to relationships and I have no problem in giving my whole heart to that person. Just haven't found the one yet, so to speak. If I do ever meet the person who I fall in love with, I plan on giving them my all because I do believe in love very much and I have so much love to give to a person. :)

I've never been afraid of taken chances or the possibility that I might get hurt since I've been hurt before in the past. Think it depends on what happens in my life. As Spike says from Cowboy Bebop, "Whatever happens, happens."

Registered
Marriage is just an expensive piece of paper that makes it fucking difficult to get away if things go sour. I don't think I need marriage to feel assured that a long-term boyfriend loves me and intends to stay with me forever. Plus, I think there is a lot of social pressure and beliefs that surround the idea of marriage that might actually be damaging to the relationship.

If it meant a lot to my partner, however, then of course I'd marry them. It's not something I hate; just something I don't see much point in.

Registered
I just got married - am a few years past 25. We are intending to have kids in our early 30s. Prior to our relationship getting serious, I had decided that if I didn't meet anyone I wanted to marry then I'd foster and/or adopt a child in need on my own. 2 parents might be ideal, but 1 is better than 0.

Registered
Yes.

It's a tradition that I seek to preserve and it's also a gift to my parents and my grandparents.

Reactions: TallGreen and Enoch
1 - 20 of 58 Posts