Personality Cafe banner

Which do personality type system you prefer?

• Total voters
61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,230 Posts
Of the various personality type theories I've encountered I have found myself drawn most to MBTI - I feel like the type descriptions are usually well balanced and neutral - rather than sounding overly negative about every type, or having a clear built in bias towards 'good' and 'bad' types. (I know there are biases in the mbti community, but looking at a variety of books and websites, I have found it generally more neutral and thus more useful to me, showing both strengths and weaknesses of each type). I guess my impression has been that while other typing systems may have merit they tend to not be as well presented so I've gotten tired of pursuing them.

From the start I've felt like I could really see the myers-briggs types around me, I could recognize the attitudes and thought processes described - and while I don't feel like everyone fits perfectly into little type boxes, the different perspectives and flavors of living presented in the myers-briggs types has really been useful to me in learning to respect and work with people who are very different from myself.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've always joked that the moral alignment chart is a better way to type someone than MBTI, but I don't prefer any specific typing system, yet.

·
Registered
588 Posts
My SLOAN type (RLOAI) defines the negative aspects of my personality very well. It highlighted some key things I need to work on (self-confidence and determination).

The enneagram gave me some insight into how my anxiety manifests in decision making and my interactions with others. More things to work on.

·
Premium Member
7,757 Posts
MBTI, it just makes more sense to me somehow and I find it easier to type others that way and therefore understand myself and the world around me [inc other people] better (which should be the point of having such knowledge. Emotional intelligence).

61 - 66 of 66 Posts