Personality Cafe banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear xnfps,

*do you prefer courses with numbers such as: accounting, finance, statistics, math
or courses with reading/writing :english literature, creative writing, philosophy, psychology, politics, history etc..

*are you left or right brain dominant ?
if you are not sure, are you left handed or right handed?

thank you!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Left handed.

I have a significant preference for the arts and literature. That's not to say that I'm weak with logic, sciences, or math though. :)

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Right-Brained
I hate numbers, the only thing worse is geometry.
But word based subjects and courses can be quite interesting and even entertaining.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I see myself as right brained and definitely the writing ones that you put out. I love Philosophy, psychology and creative writing. :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is an obvious questions.

INFP's NATURALLY hate data......... of course it is writing
the reason I asked is because Ive been typed infp by forum most of the time and I thought the same as you said but in my case I prefer learning numbers over reading/writing. how can you explain that? I thought I would be istj but in forum they told me I show weak Te and higher Ne-Si axis

so I wanted to know if there are infps same my case.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am INFP, but I like computer programming and math (it is what I do for a living).

I also like to draw, make music and write.

INFP just means that you are an emphatic person with many creative ideas. Your preference for numbers does not stop you from being INFP.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Dear xnfps,

*do you prefer courses with numbers such as: accounting, finance, statistics, math
or courses with reading/writing :english literature, creative writing, philosophy, psychology, politics, history etc..
Yes.

I have undergraduate and graduate degrees in mathematics.

Admittedly, literature is my passion, but I found it too personal/risky a subject for school study.

I liked the stability and safety that I found in mathematics and "hard science" courses. No self-revelatory writing/sharing, few group activities/interactions, minimal talking required.

And the cherry on top--pure mathematics is itself a truly beautiful language.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Numbers can speak in a language of their own and while I don't like dealing with them, I like using them factually to emphasize a point. Numbers don't lie, after all... I see what they have to offer, but words...words are so much more expressive, can be read in so many different angles...I like the diverse options words can have.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Art and Lit. by FAAAR.
Numbers are only tolerable in geometric art, practical reasons or in numerology.

Reactions: tsyspublic

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I'm right handed but was left handed until I was about 6, I learned to use my right when my left hand was incapacitated for a couple of months. I prefer words over numbers, but math has its own beauty.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I definitely prefer courses with reading/writing! Number courses are my eternal doom...

I'm right-handed, and I'm pretty sure I'm right brain dominant, although I've tested as inbetween on different tests.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts