Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me: No.

I read some threads, and was disappointed because I already know everything that is written in those threads. There are really nothing new. So I got bored.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Yes I think I've read all of the ESTJ ones, and some INTJ descriptions as well. I've sort of stopped now because it depressed me and there were times when I felt boxed in by myself and also by others - no one tells me who/what/why I am the way I am! and also a friend on here said to me which is oh so true - "my type does not define me".
I am still me, not everything is down to my MBTI type. There's the complex weave of other factors that make up me as an individual. We all grow and evolve.

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Somehow I think those descriptions only mention about our "strict" strength. Not even one thread ever expose about our crazy side, like: we are drawn to weird people and we can laugh about almost anything, etc. Do you feel the same too about those threads? I feel there's something missing in those threads. It's like they only tells half about me, not the whole me. They make us ESTJs looks boring and old!

Reactions: lantern

·
Registered
735 Posts
DEFINITELY! they somehow make us sound really hard people, as if we have no emotions or care about anybody when that is not true at all - we might be direct but we do care, we just show it in another way. Although I guess these threads are just to describe how each type perceives info/process info/make decisions etc, and not really about the uniqueness of each individual :happy:

·
Registered
202 Posts
I feel like most of the time someone is telling us ALL the bad sides of our personality type. Its a little exhausting after a while to explain the same things over and over again. I only skim over a lot of them and respond to those I think I need to say something to lol

·
Registered
735 Posts
I feel like most of the time someone is telling us ALL the bad sides of our personality type. Its a little exhausting after a while to explain the same things over and over again. I only skim over a lot of them and respond to those I think I need to say something to lol
Ditto, I dislike repeating myself, and feeling the need to explain our motivations and values behind our decisions - we all have some values and beliefs to some extent, no matter what personality type you are. It vexes me when a lot of people can't see reasoning or even attempt to expand their brains a little to understand someone else other than themselves!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
They just don't understand ESTJs, which is kind of weird because ESTJs are pretty uncomplicated, but the fact that you really do get what you see, is a foreign concept to a lot of people.

I used to ask my dad "what are you thinking?" and he would get a confused look and say "nothing." I thought he just didn't want to talk about it, but I've now found out that he really wasn't thinking anything, which blew my mind. I always assumed everyone was always thinking about something because I am and don't really have the ability to keep myself from doing it. For example, he would make a comment, and I would be wondering what else is he thinking about the topic? Or, he just looked over at me, what is he thinking about me? But nope, he would've said what he was thinking about if he was.

The good values that ESTJs have, such as loyalty and their sense of fairness and justice, isn't always easy for other people to pick up on, since ESTJs don't talk about their values very much and mostly just show them through their actions instead of explaining themselves. This has a tendency to cause other people to view them as domineering and selfish since they don't know their intentions.

But after learning more about ESTJs, I've actually come to find them as kind of funny and cute, because their actions are mostly just the result of them taking fairness and their commitments very seriously. It's probably a pretty uncommon viewpoint to have of ESTJs. :laughing:

·
MOTM July 2010
4,596 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I used to ask my dad "what are you thinking?" and he would get a confused look and say "nothing." I thought he just didn't want to talk about it, but I've now found out that he really wasn't thinking anything, which blew my mind. I always assumed everyone was always thinking about something because I am and don't really have the ability to keep myself from doing it. For example, he would make a comment, and I would be wondering what else is he thinking about the topic? Or, he just looked over at me, what is he thinking about me? But nope, he would've said what he was thinking about if he was.
This is similar with what I wrote in my thread: http://personalitycafe.com/estj-forum-guardians/18473-do-you-have-soft-creamy-core.html

·
Registered
735 Posts
The good values that ESTJs have, such as loyalty and their sense of fairness and justice, isn't always easy for other people to pick up on, since ESTJs don't talk about their values very much and mostly just show them through their actions instead of explaining themselves. This has a tendency to cause other people to view them as domineering and selfish since they don't know their intentions.

But after learning more about ESTJs, I've actually come to find them as kind of funny and cute, because their actions are mostly just the result of them taking fairness and their commitments very seriously. It's probably a pretty uncommon viewpoint to have of ESTJs. :laughing:
Jerick, you've just hit the nail on the head! *big fat hug* I like you :cool:
And no I don't talk about my values that much because I think that it's so OBVIOUS through my actions...but then not many people pick up on it, and I get frustrated, and it always seems to have a piece of dialogue from me:

"Surely it's obvious that I care, or else why would I say that to you or do that for you? how is it not obvious? do you not for a moment wonder my true intentions?! I don't need to say that I love/care for you ALL the time - if I did it takes away the meaning. Please try to understand it from my point of view. If I didn't care about you/give a rat's arse, I'd just let you get on with it and ignore you."

1 - 9 of 9 Posts