Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I usually do not. I confess that I have somewhat of a trouble to concentrate (confused?) especially if it is a long post as well but most of the time I don't see this as a bad thing except it is somewhat disrespectful towards the original poster. I usually do not read the rest of the posts as well before responding. I usually just read the title and then respond. I usually notice / feel that I have (my) the post that in my mind before I even enter the thread. I usually post first (or I just skim quickly over the post) and then go read after. It is a little backwards I admit but I usually notice that I post things that have already been posted without looking at the rest of the posts. Now, other INFPs, how about yourself?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Too long, didn't read.

Just kidding. Yeah, I sometimes do the same, but if it's a really interesting topic to me, I usually read most, or the whole thing.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
I read every post before posting. If not, I don't have a sense of where the conversation is and risk coming in somewhere in the middle and looking stupid.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I often read the title and my mind is tempted to think up an answer. I may read the first few lines of a post before my brain wants me to read the responses. I often use the responses or angle of the responses to form my own answer or opinion, only to realise that what I am saying is perhaps completely incorrect and not reply.

Part of my mind wants me to stop and read it so I won't make a fool of myself and so I can appreciate the original poster but another part wants me to stop messing around and get to where it can voice what it wants. I blame my rather brash Ne trying to override by Fi myself.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Impulsively, I, like others have mentioned, am usually prepared to answer right after I read the title of the thread or maybe the first few lines of the original post. I usually refrain from immediately posting, though, so as not to embarass myself. I mean, sometimes a thread is just not what you think it is or someone has already said exactly the same thing and you end up lookng kind of stupid and oblivious.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
i try to read other people's post or atleast the page i'm on

·
Banned
3,426 Posts
I always read the first post so I know what's going on. If it's really long, I just skim through it and get a general idea. I read most of the rest of the posts, if something catches my eye.

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Sometimes I do. Sometimes I don't. Like you said, it's sort of disrespectful. Like I'm thinking "how would I feel if this person didn't read my original post?".

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I usually read the original post and the posts on the page I'm on. If the topic is really interesting I might read all posts but if the original post isn't all that interesting I'll probably skip some lines.

I have noticed that a lot of people tend to only read the title of the thread and then post.

·
Premium Member
15,254 Posts
... Now, other INFPs, how about yourself?
I 100% and always, read the OP's 1st post because I'm skimming for the question to answer. I do admit if it's long and the post goes on and on... my eyes skim skim skim. I very rarely read long posts -- okay... lol... I NEVER read long posts all the way through. Many times -- 68.327% of the time -- I skip the posts in the middle of the thread.
That means if the thread takes a turn for the worse... I'm usually clueless about that fact.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I will always read the first post. However, I must confess that I don't read all of the others posts before responding.

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I do because I would like others to do the same for me if it was my post.

Though I don't always read very long posts, I'll usually just read parts of it, I have trouble keeping focus a lot of the time. :bored:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts