Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Like talking yourself into believing a lie is a truth so you can pass a lie detector test?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Like believing one thing, and then just switching sides because the other one seems just as plausible to you?

·
Registered
243 Posts
I notice that when I get in trouble (like in high school, or a class trip to Costa Rica) the more time I have between getting caught and being punished the more I end up making up a story that makes me less guilty and I actually start to believe it myself. Very helpful for getting out of trouble (because I sound so much more convincing), but I dislike that it can go unchecked and I might truly believe something that isn't true.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I can convince myself of my own lie, yes, but I try not to. When you realize you're a pathological liar, it is best not to lie.

·
Registered
550 Posts
I recently realized that I will simply forget things that I don't want to accept. I can always find a way to put a spin one something so that it's not exactly a lie, and it's enough of the truth for me to make myself believe it is the truth. I have the capacity to be a very horrible person.

I'm working on it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I think I'm pretty close to what has been said... I can convince myself of alot of things and have even created some false memories... Or remember things/ details that I know I couldn't have like events that happened when I was like two.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts