Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just watched Star Trek again today (2009) and man I just can't get over how much I feel like I have in common with Spock. I identified with pretty much his every action, now I don't use my words as oddly as he does so that I don't "stand out" with how I talk, but that is pretty much the only difference I found.

Now a lot of people say he's an INTJ, but I disagree. I think that he's an INTP because he was raised Vulcan, so that obviously influenced him to suppress his P, and we all know about the infamous inferior Fe that INTP's have, where as INTJ's have Fi as their tertiary.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I agree with you, especially if you are talking about 2009 Spock.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I did resonate with him, he was my favourite character in the movie.

Reactions: LQ9

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with you, especially if you are talking about 2009 Spock.
Yes. Just to clarify I personally related a lot with the Spock from the 2009 movie, as I have never seen the original series at all I can't say whether or not I would relate with the original Spock.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I can relate to both the new and old Spock, although I think I can relate to the 2009 Spock a little more. I can believe that the alternate reality-Spock is an INTP. (I'm just not sure about TOS's Spock.)

·
Registered
39 Posts
I saw this thread and got ridiculously excited because I have never met anyone else who relates with him!

I've seen the original series and I have to say that 2009 Spock is the most INTP of them all - he showed a calm exterior most of the time, but occasionally let his emotions take over (like when someone mentioned his mother in a negative light). He also thinks in a hyper-rational way, and doesn't deal well with his feelings and sees them as a vulnerability. I identify with him almost action-per-action and word-for-word in that movie, despite my IQ being probably 1/5 of what his is.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I had a bit of a crush on the 2009 film Spock, though I can't say if I related to him. I'm not nearly as detached and analytical, nor so serious. I admire the character, but I'm definitely not as self-contained (and certainly not as brilliant) as he is.

·
Banned
4,508 Posts
Yea.... every time i see him he reminds me of INTP's SOOO much. And yea i agree.... def not INTJ.... dunno what kind of crack that typer is smokin.

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Isn't this a pointless conversation? At least discuss the typology of someone REAL.
We're not discussing his type, we're discussing whether or not you relate to the character...

In fact, the title of the thread is "Do you relate to Spock?" which again has nothing to do with his or our type.

P.S. all this Spock talk inspired me to finally get a sig. XD

·
Registered
988 Posts
Spock from The Original Series seems more ISTJ than INTP (I am basing my studies on episode overviews and detailed descriptions, as Leonard Nimoy's body language seems to be contradictory at times), but 2009 Spock has a healthy iNtuition, while Spock Prime (the older one) seems the most INTP-esque. The last sequence boosted my belief.

So, I relate with someone who is one hundred-plus years old and from a universe where the Cold War was inconclusive.

·
MOTM Feb 2010
4,773 Posts
I always found the Vulcan race to be a political statement and not an actually desirable path for our species to follow. Legend has it that the Vulcan race nearly went extinct because of irrational emotions that ran their civilization into the ground. They compensated by eliminating emotion through meditative contemplation and thus progressed into the form with which we are now familiar. As I mentioned, this seems to be more of a statement about the need to embrace science and rationality, but as we are aware, logic alone does not make a complete human being. This is why I absolutely love it when Spock has emotional out-bursts in the series as it reveals his emotional core that he tries so dearly to repress.

And no, I don't identify with Spock. Actively participating in the emotional spectrum of humanity makes for a psychologically healthy and complete human being.

·
Registered
434 Posts
No I hate math and technology, I am way more reactive, easy going, and spontaneous since I am a P and Spock a J, and even I am not that pale.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I identify with Spock from both the new movies and the original series, though I've typed the original Spock as an INTJ.

Also, Chekov is an INTP as well. Chekov is great.

·
Banned
644 Posts
Sorry if I am deviating from the topic, but I think I relate more to Data from TNG than Spock. Like Data, I'm not forceful in my speech when offering suggestions or opinions unless necessary. Though I am human, I, like Data, also ponder the "why" behind our actions, motivations, dreams, customs, and so on.

A reminder to anyone reading this post: keep on trekkin'.

Reactions: Mendelevium
1 - 20 of 21 Posts