• Never

Votes: 27 8.4%

• Total voters
81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Banned
INFP 9w1 sp/so
2,470 Posts
I do it all the time, it drives the rents mad at the dinner table. I think it's because it's comforting, the vibrating feeling with the "simming" movement, it probably soothes us in a way that makes our brain like "gimme more of that". Like a cat's purr, which is supposed to be very healthy for the cat because of the soothing vibrations it gives them.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,241 Posts
I used to, I think at some point my thinking was that the more I move (even though I'm stuck sitting at a desk in school or whatever) then the more exercise I'm getting. I was never one for very active activities, so I was thinking bouncing my leg really fast like that was at least giving me some activity, lol. But then it became just habit. Many years later I recall seeing a very serene girl sitting across from me in a class and thinking, man I'd like to look peaceful like that, I need to stop this. So I worked hard to stop myself every time I started, and now it's nolonger a habit.

My husband sometimes does this, it can be distracting but it usually only bothers me when he's bumping the table with his shoe making a sound like distant bass.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
I like shaking my leg to music, and if I'm comfortable etc.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I went with occasionally, but it's more often just my foot when my legs are crossed. Not all the time though.

·
Administrator
INTP
11,702 Posts
I was doing it as I read this thread title

:smilee:

·
Electronica Wizard
6,670 Posts
There's an Asian belief, particularly originated from China, that if you shake your legs, you will be bankrupt financially. It may not have been true, but I feel that most beliefs are an allegory of some form. Imagine if you shake your legs and money fall out of your pockets. Another more logical reason is that shaking your legs while you are at work is a bad work ethic.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Oh, they meant while sitting down. I thought they were standing and compulsively lifting one leg and shaking it.

No, I don't.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I do it when food is really good or my anxiety is kicking in a bit. When angry I tap my foot though. The shaking of the leg helps me spot certain people and place as to why some do it. Most of the ppl I see do it, I assume have anxiety like me.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I shake my leg all the time. When I’m too bored of sitting still that’s where all my excess energy goes :D

81 - 98 of 98 Posts