Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm curious to know how many INTP's are smokers, considering that we are rationals and smoking is about as irrational as it gets.

We know it causes cancer and other harmful side affects, it's addictive, and it's expensive.
The upside? It make you feel good, at least mentally. But there are plenty of other ways to feel good and get a pick-me-up that don't have such a heavy list of con's.

So if you do smoke, what caused you to start and why do you continue?

·
Registered
4,796 Posts
I agree with the above. I think smoking is both harmful and a waste, a meaningless combination that I will never touch.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't smoke. I like my lungs too much.
My thoughts exactly. I've had asthma as long as I remember, so when I see people knowingly destroying their lungs it just kills me. I wish they understood the value of what they had before it was too late. I would give so much for a pair of strong, healthy lungs.

·
Registered
26,829 Posts
I don't smoke and don't intend to start. I tend to call cigarettes "suicide sticks" and like to see smokers as "chimney impersonators".

·
Registered
820 Posts
No I do not. I don't want to become addicted to something. I will admit, though, pipes are pretty cool.

·
Registered
4,481 Posts
Yes, since I was fourteen = five years now. Not too much, about 8 or so a day.

One day back in school my friend robbed a packet from her ma and it all started from there

Addiction is why I continue.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts