Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yes, I have a problem with this and I'm starting to suspect it is some kind of disorder, though maybe not an eating one. It's like I want the sensation of the food in my mouth. I doubt it's an ENFP thing; probably just one more thing for which I need to have my head checked.

·
Registered
9,800 Posts
I eat constantly, i swear. If i'm happy, sad, anxious, depressed, bored, excited, stressed, hungry, not hungry. I eat the most when i go for groceries, i come home, put them away, and let the eating begin >/> I LOVE FOOD!!!

·
Banned
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sometimes I'll eat out of boredom! Other times when I'm stressed I turn into a glutton for pleasure, food, alcohol, etc etc.
Oh my goodness, I love your avatar.

I eat constantly, i swear. If i'm happy, sad, anxious, depressed, bored, excited, stressed, hungry, not hungry. I eat the most when i go for groceries, i come home, put them away, and let the eating begin >/> I LOVE FOOD!!!
My ENFP read this, and he approves and agrees.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I have this thing where my feet will automatically take me to the kitchen if I have nothing better to do or, if there's food nearby, I'll reach for it and start stuffing my face without even being aware what I'm doing. It's not a healthy habit to have. Hahaha. I don't think it's just an ENFP thing if it's even that though. I know an ISTJ that's worse than me in terms of eating for no reason.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I rarely feel full, so it's extremely easy for me to eat a lot. But I cannot eat if I am full.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Sometimes I eat just to have something to omnomnom on.

It's not that I'm hungry... my mom has a word for it in Chinese. It somewhat translates to, "Your mouth is itching" LOL.

What it means is that you're not exactly hungry, you just want to munch on something. Whether you be munching to forget something, or just so you feel less bored... yeah.

Eating is one of my favorite things to do, besides sleeping. LOL

EDIT: Obligatory omnomnom gif.

·
Banned
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sometimes I eat just to have something to omnomnom on.

It's not that I'm hungry... my mom has a word for it in Chinese. It somewhat translates to, "Your mouth is itching" LOL.

What it means is that you're not exactly hungry, you just want to munch on something. Whether you be munching to forget something, or just so you feel less bored... yeah.

Eating is one of my favorite things to do, besides sleeping. LOL

EDIT: Obligatory omnomnom gif.
That is so cool! xD (Now I wanna learn to say it in Chinese so I can say it to my co-workers.. *works in a Chinese restaurant* o_O)

Sleeping is my favorite thing to do. >.>

·
Registered
140 Posts
That is so cool! xD (Now I wanna learn to say it in Chinese so I can say it to my co-workers.. *works in a Chinese restaurant* o_O)

Sleeping is my favorite thing to do. >.>
I think the phrase is "嘴巴痒" (okay, as a Chinese born American, my Chinese is terribad so if someone knows the right word please correct me!), pronounced "Zuǐba yǎng".

So many Chinese translations are just silly. :p I haven't thought about it until now... "Mouth itch"... LOL.
Speaking of which, my mouth is pretty itchy right now. Let me attempt to find a fruit to munch on.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think the phrase is "嘴巴痒" (okay, as a Chinese born American, my Chinese is terribad so if someone knows the right word please correct me!), pronounced "Zuǐba yǎng".

So many Chinese translations are just silly. :p I haven't thought about it until now... "Mouth itch"... LOL.
Speaking of which, my mouth is pretty itchy right now. Let me attempt to find a fruit to munch on.
You're fine. The translation's right. My Chinese probably isn't any better though. :D

·
Registered
Infj
1,018 Posts
well if he's trying to fill a void, and no matter how much food he eats it wont fill...then he might have an emotional disorder.
-shrugs-
but I don't know your boyfriend more than you...xD

eating can relieve stress, boredom, pain, sorrow, etc
It can give you endorphins, happy feeling, etc

This is called mindless eating...a lot of people have this issue.
quote:
"America is a nation of over-eaters. But according to one food expert, the reason we eat too much is all in our heads.

Busy lifestyles cause many people to over-eat without noticing. A problem Brian Wansink, Ph.D., a behavioral scientist at the Cornell Food and Brand Lab, calls "mindless eating."

“We’re a nation of mindless eaters. We do so many things during the day that when it comes to food we can just nibble and nibble and nibble, and eat and eat and eat.” Dr. Wansink said.

Dr. Wansink says the mind is to blame for over eating, not always the stomach. And just choosing a different plate could stop over indulgence.

“Our studies show the bigger the plate is, the more people serve, typically to the level of about 25 to 28 percent more,” Dr. Wansink said.

Six ounces of pasta on an eight-inch plate, looks normal. But that same serving on a bigger plate barely looks like an appetizer -- causing many people to dish out more. “The best way to mindlessly eat less is to get rid of your large plates, or get rid of your large serving bowls,” Dr. Wansink said.

Distracted television viewers also don’t pay attention to what’s in front of them. Studies show over 40 percent more food is eaten while watching TV.

“We often end up eating more because we simply eat to the pace of the program, or we eat until the program is over.” Dr. Wansink said.

Brian has made a career watching how people behave around food. His best advice? Don’t be fooled by hidden dangers of food and packaging."
Mindless Eating -- Food Psychologist Explains The Mindless Way People Overeat

read more about it if you want. google it...:)

:)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
Most people I know eat out of boredom.

Personally, to me food is completely attached to my emotions and pretty much always has been. It's a dangerous way of controlling how you feel, even if you don't realise that you're doing it. Super bad for you. We're supposed to eat when we psychically need to, not when we mentally feel like we do. I'm terrible with it. I've pretty much fallen in and out of eating disorders for the past 5 years and I'm currently being treated.
It's never truly for no reason. Boredom, sadness, greed, guilt.... never no reason.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts