Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like you just don't wanna think.. And when you're already on the state of not wanting to think, oh i already forgot. XD

Like thinking is hard to do right? XD

Anyone can relate? XD

·
Registered
22 Posts
Like you just don't wanna think.. And when you're already on the state of not wanting to think, oh i already forgot. XD

Like thinking is hard to do right? XD

Anyone can relate? XD
Not at all actually. I'm subconsciously analysing everything around me. So when I comes to someone asking for my arguments, I spew them like sherlock Holmes rapidly analysing everything. However I avoid thinking deliberately too much and prefer it to be subconscious

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
122 Posts
It really depends on what it is. If it's negative thoughts then I definitely don't wanna be constantly thinking about them (although I do tend to). If it's other things that are positive and/or interesting to me. Then of course, I will think about them with joy!

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It really depends on what it is. If it's negative thoughts then I definitely don't wanna be constantly thinking about them (although I do tend to). If it's other things that are positive and/or interesting to me. Then of course, I will think about them with joy!
Probably the same with me.

·
Registered
10,016 Posts
My brains fried from looking at the same schedule for 3 days on overload. I don't even think I should look at anymore in the next 24hours because I am past the point of being productive because I have been looking at it too long. Anyways when I get all inspired and in the midst of tunnel vision, that's when it would be better just to turn my brain off and step away from the project at hand. I almost get consumed. But there comes a point where one just needs to step away.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My brains fried from looking at the same schedule for 3 days on overload. I don't even think I should look at anymore in the next 24hours because I am past the point of being productive because I have been looking at it too long. Anyways when I get all inspired and in the midst of tunnel vision, that's when it would be better just to turn my brain off and step away from the project at hand. I almost get consumed. But there comes a point where one just needs to step away.
Yeah true. And then you'll just rest your head for like one day. Just one day, and think nothing.. And you'll be back on your work refreshed and you'll be able to solve that thing for just one hour versus continuing to work eventhough you're already tired..

·
Registered
INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so
2,601 Posts
I definitely know the feeling. I mean, I love thinking and analyzing but when I overthink, it gets to a point where I want to stop but I can't turn my brain off. I would never actually want to turn it off but sometimes I wish I had more control over overthinking things. It can be overwhelming when this happens.

Reactions: atamagasuita

·
Registered
746 Posts
Not thinking is a very foreign land compared to my mind. Not processing is even more more odd. I assume I would probably be much more pleased, and able to join in on more things had I not already analyzed them to the point where it ultimately made little sense.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I definitely know the feeling. I mean, I love thinking and analyzing but when I overthink, it gets to a point where I want to stop but I can't turn my brain off. I would never actually want to turn it off but sometimes I wish I had more control over overthinking things. It can be overwhelming when this happens.
Yea true. Internet makes me overthink actually

·
Registered
INTP 9w1-5w4-2w3 sp/so
2,601 Posts
Yea true. Internet makes me overthink actually
Same here. For me it happens both online and offline. It's just kind of the way my brain works. Even in real life, I over-analyze situations and possibilities to the point where it can be overwhelming. I can be ridiculous like that.

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Same here. For me it happens both online and offline. It's just kind of the way my brain works. Even in real life, I over-analyze situations and possibilities to the point where it can be overwhelming. I can be ridiculous like that.
Ouch. Sometimes in real life, i prevent that from happening by being logical in dealing with things.
Because when i tend to overthink in real life, my emotions or feelings we're the one who dictates my mindset and i was able to think unrealistic thoughts about people. Which ain't good. So i distract myself as much as possible.
Being logical helps.

·
Registered
ISTJ
1,560 Posts
I hate thinking too hard about things I HAVE to think about, but love thinking about leisurely things. When I'm not working, I indulge my brain on these forums and playing Town of Salem (which involves figuring out who the killer is, very similar to Mafia). It's not draining at all when thinking is done leisurely. When it is forced, I think I literally develop thinking pains.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Never. Thinking is my only way of recharging my batteries. I play games to think, take a shower to think and do programming to think. If I don't, I slowly start going insane.

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
Only when it doesn't allow me to sleep properly. I have lost sleep so many nights thinking about pointless stuff. I actually asked an aunt of mine for some of her sleeping pills (they aren't sold without prescription where I live) so I can take 1/4 of a pill to help me sleep when the pointless intense overthinking doesn't let me fall asleep.

If I am well rested, usually overthinking doesn't bother me, it is just natural for me.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Yes. I don't want to think, but I am forced to think when it's about other people.
Some things though, like basic math or reading an easy book, I don't have to think at all.
Watching tv requires thinking but not the tiring kind. Depends on the show and how much you're into it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I get tired of math, but that's mostly it. I do get fatigued from trying to recall too much information on my brain at once, a very tiring test period has taught me that.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts