Personality Cafe banner

Do you spit loogies on the streets?

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My ISFP friend and I were bickering over this before she left to pick up some pizza just now. :crazy:

If you've got a loogie, do you spit it or suffer in the name of courtesy? (yuck how can anyone stand swallowing it back down. >_<)

I spit, but discreetly. And I make sure no one's looking. On the other hand, she thinks it's horrible for the environment. lol

NOTE: And I mean outside, on the street. Not inside a church.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I only started doing this recently....I thought I was discreet with it, but probably not XD

I just can't stand having spit in my mouth...it's so gross. It's going on the ground, right now.

Reactions: dagnytaggart

·
Banned
2,155 Posts
I don't understand this hock a loogie thing. I never feel like I need to do it.
But, the first option sounds about right to me seeing as how I have little compunction with farting and burping.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:cool:
I don't understand this hock a loogie thing. I never feel like I need to do it.
But, the first option sounds about right to me seeing as how I have little compunction with farting and burping.
lol I guess you tolerate dairy better than I can then. And really, what is spitting other than compact sneezing?

·
Administrator
23,451 Posts
Where is the option for absolutely not - unless it's on some guy who is all up in your face?

·
Banned
1,794 Posts
I think it's disgusting. I hate seeing people do it on the street. If you are the sort of person that gets a lot of mucus then carry tissues around with you and discreetly spit into that, not on the floor thank you very much.

I hate seeing football players spitting, but I can understand that exercise brings up mucus so I'm more lenient about them doing it, however kids who see footballers do it think they are doing it because it's 'cool'.

·
Registered
751 Posts
No. Nasty. I think a lot of people spit for image purposes..maybe because that want to be perceived in a certain way. I don't think it's much of a necessity. It's not like walking down the street will suddenly cause such an uncontrollable amount of saliva or mucus to come into your mouth that you need to immediately expel it.

·
Registered
3,721 Posts
I hate seeing football players spitting, but I can understand that exercise brings up mucus so I'm more lenient about them doing it, however kids who see footballers do it think they are doing it because it's 'cool'.
You would hate American baseball, then....they spend half of the game spitting! Sometimes even with tobacco.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I'm going to go with, "Hell no, and I don't really know why anyone else does."

Seriously, why do people spit in public? Nasty, man. Keep your phlegm to yourself.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
This is hilarious. :crazy:

You guys should go to Asia - I never saw so many people spitting in my life. lol

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Usually discreetly, but really, whenever I need to.

I don't think it's gross unless someone spits somewhere where others will step in it, etc. - who cares if there's a loogie in a gutter or next to a dumpster? Totally not the same a hacking one right in the middle of a busy sidewalk.

tl;dr Spit happens.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I voted for the last one because I don't care who's watching but I'd not spit it just anywhere. Drains are good and readily available, if not then the edge of roads away from pedestrian crossings, or in a flower bed (but not on a flower :tongue:) I wouldn't want anything to be stepping in my germs, be it man, dog or wildlife just as I avoid stepping in what others failed to dispose of properly.

That sad, I can't remember the last time I needed to - walking down the street just isn't strenuous enough...

God said:
On the other hand, she thinks it's horrible for the environment. lol
*mental note - ISFPs may be crazy* :laughing:

Does her pet wear a nappy too? :crazy:

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Fuck no. That's vile and pointless. I would only spit in public if it was food ---> napkin.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I voted for the last one because I don't care who's watching but I'd not spit it just anywhere. Drains are good and readily available, if not then the edge of roads away from pedestrian crossings, or in a flower bed (but not on a flower :tongue:) I wouldn't want anything to be stepping in my germs, be it man, dog or wildlife just as I avoid stepping in what others failed to dispose of properly.

That sad, I can't remember the last time I needed to - walking down the street just isn't strenuous enough...

*mental note - ISFPs may be crazy* :laughing:

Does her pet wear a nappy too? :crazy:
:laughing: No...not yet. She was springing for a sun bonnet for her toy poodle though.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I don't spit in public...No way.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts