Personality Cafe banner

Do you spit loogies on the streets?

41 - 60 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Absolutely not - but I see it a lot on my travels... well, maybe not so much in Singapore but on the African continent including North Africa. Middle East, too. The Chinese used to do it a lot, even in trains, but that has changed some. I haven't noticed it in Hong Kong, though. Latin America... hm...

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
I don't understand this hock a loogie thing. I never feel like I need to do it.
But, the first option sounds about right to me seeing as how I have little compunction with farting and burping.
This. I think if it is natural and necessary, there is no shame in it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Absolutely not, and everyone around me does. It's disgusting! ;_;

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Absolutely not - but I see it a lot on my travels... well, maybe not so much in Singapore but on the African continent including North Africa. Middle East, too. The Chinese used to do it a lot, even in trains, but that has changed some. I haven't noticed it in Hong Kong, though. Latin America... hm...
The Chinese do it INSIDE trains? Like kwahpuh right onto the aisle floor??

Come on man....

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
i smoke one to two packs of cigarettes a day. yes, if i feel like i got a cluster of ash and hair in my throat i'll hock it up and spit it out. but i'm not inclined to as it's not a habbit. if someone comments on me doing it, i will tell them- as politely as i can- to mind their own f'in business. self-righteous intruding prudes, those are the ones i find disgusting- not the people who spit on occasion because they feel like they have to.

ps. i will blow snot out of my nose too if it's so cold outside my nose keeps running. i'll wipe my nose with my hands and then clean my hands on my jeans. and to those who comment on me doing that i will tell to grow the f- up. because some people just needs to learn to shut their mouths about what other people do.

·
MOTM Jan 2010
2,988 Posts
When I first came across this poll, I voted "Absolutely NOT. Goodness gracious!" Now? I do it XD Shamelessly. Only when I'm sick, though. I don't think it's good to swallow post-nasal drip :/

Reactions: Thrifty Walrus

·
Registered
2,064 Posts
Of course I don't! My mama raised me better than that :cool:

edit: but as the above poster said I do spit when I'm sick, in which case I'd spit into a trashcan or go to the bathroom to spit/blow my nose.

·
Banned
9,594 Posts
ewwwwwwwwwwwwww

living in the very deep south, this kind of thing happens all the time, grossss

and even more gross when it's chewing tobacco.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I spit sometimes in public if I need to, discretely. I used to be a smoker, and then you have all that excess saliva in your mouth all the time which makes you want to spit. Also when I jog my mouth sometimes gets really dry and the flem becomes an annoyance; I generally try to spit into some bushes or something, not straight on the ground.

What's the big deal? It's only spit. People blowing their noses in public is way more gross to me than a little mouth mucus, although I do that too sometimes when I'm sick. I guess I'm pretty uninhibited. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
No it's disgusting,and is a criminal offence in my country if the police catch you.My sons do it all the time,and i'm always telling them how filthy and disgusting it is.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Oh my goodness! A resounding NOOOOO!! Yuck! The reason why I'm always alert when in open-area concerts, markets/bazaars, and bad neighborhood alleyways, is to avoid stepping on these s*** puddles. More icky when it has phlegm or tobacco in it. :crazy: CAn't imagine myself contributing to this unsanitary yuckfest.

·
Banned
2,984 Posts
What, exactly, is wrong with swallowing it, as nature intended? If you absolutely must, go to a bathroom. Otherwise, keep your bodily fluids to yourself.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
What, exactly, is wrong with swallowing it, as nature intended? If you absolutely must, go to a bathroom. Otherwise, keep your bodily fluids to yourself.
It's waste fluid, do you really want to digest it? lol And if you can't swallow a blob of gunk because it keeps bobbing back up your throat no matter how hard your uvula tries to force it down, obviously Mother Nature is asking you to "take out the trash", so to speak..

Think of it as mucoid vomit. When you're hungover and last night's debauchery involuntarily billows up your throat, you open the toilet lid, right? Or do you swallow the vomit back down.

Sorry to answer in such a disgustingly graphic way, but you asked. :p

·
Registered
858 Posts
I don't spit at all, well except for when I'm brushing my teeth. XD

41 - 60 of 60 Posts