Personality Cafe banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People routinely have to tell me to stop talking. Thing is, I've got a lot to say. I've realized that I talk most in the morning though. Especially if I'm sleep deprived. What about you folks?

·
Registered
163 Posts
People say I'm far too energetic in the mornings, and that I talk fast.
Generally I stop talking when people start looking bored. No point in talking to a wall.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I thought I talked a lot, until recently I got a headache sitting next to a workmate that had the reputation of always talking. Damn! When he didn't said anything, he sang out loud. I wonder what type he is.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
I talk quite a great deal. However, I do have self-control. If I was just let go, I would have a conversation that was really fast-paced, insightful, loud, and topic-changing. When I was little I had a real problem with volume, but now, I am a master of speaking. I know all about pausing, gestures, talking faster or slower to implement thought, etc. And of course, I love making up complete BS and then have someone believe it....

·
Registered
397 Posts
no at all. im real layed back so i usually let other people talk. i'm the cup, they are the coffee. i developed that skill working in mental health for many years. i can do some jedi mind tricks sometimes.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
Yes. But my main flaw is that I write a bombardment of written messages to interesting people and in forums.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I talk wayyy too much and really really fast... sometimes faster than my mouth can move which can be a problem... But people dont really say I talk too much so maybe I am just saying really interesting things. :happy: though my friends do laugh when I trip over words but hey I make fun of them too.

·
Registered
164 Posts
When i was a lad people often told me i talk to much, i took the hint and now i would say i talk an average to a slightly less than average amount for an extrovert.

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
It's a rare occasion to get me on a tangent, but it does happen. I tend to be quiet because I don't want to show my craziness and scare people off but, once I figure you'll stick around and/or cool enough, I open up.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Not in every situation, not on just any topic for just any reason. But get me engaged and yeah I talk lightning-speed and interrupt and get way too into the debate/chat. And I do that whole "talk as you think" thing a lot so my answers to questions are always like "ummmmmm, well, yeah, so this and this and this, but ... I don't know, it's this way and also this and that etc."

But a significant amount of the time I'll just not feel like opening my mouth at all (kind of literally ... I don't know why) and avoid having to say anything at all. Usually when I just want out of the situation.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Not really, I'm more of a listener than a talker, but in some occasions I can get very talkative and won't shut up, but this is fairly rare, usually I'm not in the mood to talk.

·
Registered
3,933 Posts
People routinely have to tell me to stop talking. Thing is, I've got a lot to say. I've realized that I talk most in the morning though. Especially if I'm sleep deprived. What about you folks?
Weird how that works, because I'm always more talkative when I'm tired too. I think it's the extroverts-get-their-energy-from-others thing.

·
Registered
749 Posts
I don't think so. I keep my energy down even though sometimes I just want to go completely crazy. Over the years negative conditioning from society has built up a dam to hold back the torrent of fractured takes and odd perspectives that I choose to provide. Ultimately, on the outside I'm a tall, efficient, seemingly too calm, pensive, debonair, dry witted, yet extremely wacky and fun loving individual. But really, there's SO much going on in my head at all times, and a lot of times people can get overwhelmed when I decide I feel like putting on a show. It really just depends on who I think I'm talking too. I can go from 0 to 500,000 in about 1 second flat if need be. But that generally freaks people out so I rarely do it unless under the influence of drugs/alcohol.

·
Registered
749 Posts
Weird how that works, because I'm always more talkative when I'm tired too. I think it's the extroverts-get-their-energy-from-others thing.
I'm usually just looking for attention/to brag about it.

"Yeah, I was up all night not sleepin' because I'm such a bad ass."

And then all the women would be like, "Ohhh you poor thing, come nestle in my bosoms while I serenade you to sleep."

And I would say, "I don't need-jer Goddamn pity, woman!"

And they wouldn't be able to resist how tortured, yet aloof I am and it would only make them want me more. And obviously I'd be on one of my motorcycles while this exchange happened, and I would just ride off on my own after delivering that last line.

Sorry, Ne binge, you know how that goes :laughing:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts