Personality Cafe banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I once over heard my father say "she is 18 now, i don't care what she does", to someone who asked him if i was single.
That is the only clue i have of what his expectations are.

How did it work in your household? How do you feel about it?

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
Sex no, relationships sometimes. I haven't had much success really dating anyone, but I still talk to my parents about it and listen to their stories.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm reserved, it's difficult to talk to people about my feeling. I don't talk about sex either, but I know that my parents would like to know more about the people I'm seeing and confide in them more, not about sex, of course, but about my relationships, my beloved people. You see, it's a way to bond with them and I would be lying if I said I wouldn't like to be the kind of person who can do that, but I'm not. I really appreciate that they care, though.

·
Banned
5,117 Posts
Sex no
Relationships, well they ask questions.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
How did it work in your household?
Nothing good came of it, my mom didn't give me any useful information and more or less told me to ignore that part of myself. This resulted in a lot of pain and misunderstanding throughout my adolescence. I will never speak of these things with her again.

How do you feel about it?
It sucked, but I'm in a better place now.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I can't say that I used to talk to my parents about sex or relationships, but my mother used to occasionally repeat some things related to sex to me. Like, "don't wear clothes that reveal too much; pay attention to the position of your body when you have men around, especially your legs - keep them close to each other; don't have sex; don't get pregnant". And I was listening and saying "yes, mother".
Does this count? ;))

Also, my mother used to ask me how were my relationships going, when I was visiting them. I never felt comfortable to talk about it with her though.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Never had sex so definitely not something I talk about to them. I don't think they know for sure I've never done it but they're probably aware of it.

I've let them know when I was going on dates in the past since they're so rare for me. They were worried I was gay at some point I think so It at least puts their mind at ease regarding that matter.

·
Banned
3,806 Posts
My Mother and sister do all the time. I think it's how they bond.

I tested the waters with my Mother not long ago, nothing too racey, she told she didn't " want to hear that shit." I have heard from her since.

·
Banned
5,433 Posts
no, none of it. i might tell them if i'm seeing someone but i don't talk about the relationship and they're probably not going to meet the person. i'd be more likely to talk to/ask for advice from my older sister than my mother.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Normally I don't or it's very rare but I kind of had to two years ago because I met someone online and since we were 6 hours away from each other it was kind of obvious that we were gonna need the house ahah. So yeah, had to tell her and reassure her about that potential relationship since he was going to stay for a week. But it went very well and even though she was scared at first they get along very well today.

·
Banned
110 Posts
No, my parents are assholes.

My mom used to tell me shit like this when I got my first cell phone "I know you're calling girls and just breathing heavy on the other line then hanging up." and would essentially imply I'm a fucking creeper. I HATE my mother. She's a fucking cunt bag who dislikes me because I remind her of her father, who killed her mother with a 12 gauge, then shot himself with the same gun when she was 14. I was unfortunate enough to resemble him more than any of my siblings in looks and mannerisms and group up with a mother who resented me and acted like I was guilty of all the awful things her father did. "You're a horrible human being, I hope you burn in hell" -My mom, when I was fuckign 5 years old. I was confused and didn't understand why she hated me so much.

My dad is sexist as shit. I mentioned to him once that I went out on a date with a girlfriend I had at the time and she paid for everything cause I was broke and he gave me a lecture about what a horrible person I was for it. She walked in while he was telling me I was awful for letting her pay for shit and she told him she makes 5 times more than me at her job and this just infuriated him more that a woman was making more money than me.

My parents are pieces of shit. I don't tell them shit about me.

·
Registered
779 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
My Mother and sister do all the time. I think it's how they bond.

I tested the waters with my Mother not long ago, nothing too racey, she told she didn't " want to hear that shit." I have heard from her since.
that's so shit. But at least we have the internet. <3

·
I love my everything
10,925 Posts
Only after I had gone to college. Hadn't had my period in a while and my mother got paranoid. Idk the reason, but I like to imagine her reading stuff about college parties, relationships, etc online and then getting worried because of that. My mom on the internet is funny. Though that conversation was interesting because I think she thought (or at least was afraid) that I was hiding something. Which made me realize ppl have a hard time reading me, and this time it's from my parents who had known me since forever. So I had an internal fe moment. Or I like to think to myself. I don't think they care what I do as long as I don't end up ruining my life. But that's also probably cause I'm me. Had a similar discussion not too much later. And that's about it.

·
Registered
50 Posts
No never. My dad don't want to listen to me or my sister talking about boys. And my mother don't understand, she thinks none of the guys are good enough for me, and the ones that she barely accepts she tell me to just play with them until I find a decent one jajajaja so I'd rather not tell her anything.

·
Registered
5,822 Posts
Relationships, yes. Sex, not so much. When I learned I had HPV, I talked to my dad because I was scared. So, he knows I'm sexually active, but I'd never discuss it in detail with him. I just don't want him to have to picture his daughter that way. Not saying sex is bad, but in my case I consider it erotic, and my parents don't need to know about that facet of myself.

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Yes to both, but not because I feel the need to. I don't feel the need to talk about almost anything with my parents, they do.

My parents have always talked very openly about sex, even when I was a child. My mother and older sister especially are pests, and no topic can be avoided with them. My father couldn't care less about what I do.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts