Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
INFJ 2w1
203 Posts
Wait what? Also I guess I'm better with Fe intuitives. I don't get along with sensor Fe users a lot of the time. I'm not ISFP though. I feel like Fi users like to tell me what to do and pressure me to do it. I tell people what to do, but express it like advice. 🙃

·
Registered
INFJ 2w1
203 Posts
Also I can read and relate to both just the same. :unsure: I feel like I need to watch the rest of this series to figure out what happened.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also I can read and relate to both just the same. :unsure: I feel like I need to watch the rest of this series to figure out what happened.
I agree that being told what to do in a bossy manner is not for me...This story is deep and involves many different types...enjoy :D

·
Registered
In progress
2,294 Posts
On average, I get on better with Fe-valuing types, but some other typology-related factors (instinctual variants and Ne/Si vs Se/Ni) are much more predictive of compatibility.

Fi-valuers can appear emotionally rigid and harsh - to me, they seem to live by their personal likes/dislikes and, especially when younger, are often unable to appreciate a broader range of perspectives. If they also value Se the problem is compounded because they turn into Captain Save A Ho and start meting out vigilante "justice".

By contrast, I like the rich variety of moods and levels of intensity that adept Fe-valuers express, as well as their ad hoc approach to ethical dilemmas (with a few exceptions...every second ENFJ seems to be a social activist a.k.a. professional attention-whore). Anyway, I at least find the emotional twists, turns and shifts of Fe to be quite entertaining - especially in bed.

Reactions: PersonaBelle

·
Registered
ISTP 5w4
169 Posts
I don't think I really have a preference. But if we're just talking about Fe/Fi dom/aux's (ignoring tert/inf functions), here's what I think of them:

Fe's are generally easier to befriend than Fi's. Very hospitable, self-sacrificing, and eager to help people out. Except their urge to help sometimes makes them try to get overly involved in whatever you are doing, which I find a bit draining (especially Fe-doms). I prefer taking care of myself and only asking for help when I really need it.

Fi users, though they're harder to befriend in the first place, are easier for me form close, long-lasting friendships with. In my experience, they are better at forming one-on-one relationships than Fe's, who generally try to form a better "group atmosphere." Unhealthy Fi's make me feel awkward though - the ones that I know tend to talk about very personal issues, and I'm not great at handling situations like that.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
On average, I get on better with Fe-valuing types, but some other typology-related factors (instinctual variants and Ne/Si vs Se/Ni) are much more predictive of compatibility.

Fi-valuers can appear emotionally rigid and harsh - to me, they seem to live by their personal likes/dislikes and, especially when younger, are often unable to appreciate a broader range of perspectives. If they also value Se the problem is compounded because they turn into Captain Save A Ho and start meting out vigilante "justice".

By contrast, I like the rich variety of moods and levels of intensity that adept Fe-valuers express, as well as their ad hoc approach to ethical dilemmas (with a few exceptions...every second ENFJ seems to be a social activist a.k.a. professional attention-whore). Anyway, I at least find the emotional twists, turns and shifts of Fe to be quite entertaining - especially in bed.
Very interesting...Thanks for sharing :D

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Between Fi-dom and Fe-dom, as an xNTP, I get along better, on average, with Fi-dom, especially INFPs. I find that with Fi-dom, the worst they can get is self destruction, or very targeted hatred, which is fine with me, since it doesn't affect me. But I would try my best to stay away from an unhealthy Fe-dom.

·
Host
ENTP 5w6 So/Sx 584 ILE Honorary INTJ ♂
18,722 Posts
The only cognitive function/temperament combination that seem to cause me any difficulties are SJs, and I believe this is a difference in communication style. They believe in providing every excruciating detail and I can usually extrapolate without all of them. Conversely, I'm sure they feel like I'm not providing enough detail for them to form a cohesive picture. I can make adjustments if I know they are an SJ and add additional details, I just don't always notice.

I can pretty much communicate clearly with everyone else.

·
Registered
9w1 sp/so
26 Posts
I prefer Ti/Fi doms!

While Fe doms are really good at making others feel comfortable and appreciated, it’s really difficult to connect with them in a deeper level. It’s hard to get along with Ti/Fi users but when you do it feels really genuine and special!
I do appreciate how Fe doms can be really careful and attentive towards others but sometimes I wonder how genuine it really is.
Both are wonderful~

·
Registered
ISTP 5w4
169 Posts
I do appreciate how Fe doms can be really careful and attentive towards others but sometimes I wonder how genuine it really is.
This is something I struggle with too, I often wonder if they're genuinely trying to be helpful or if there's a hidden motive behind it 😅 personally my Fe is pretty low so I just can't understand how someone could genuinely be so openly kind and selfless to everyone.

Reactions: Summer70

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't think I really have a preference. But if we're just talking about Fe/Fi dom/aux's (ignoring tert/inf functions), here's what I think of them:

Fe's are generally easier to befriend than Fi's. Very hospitable, self-sacrificing, and eager to help people out. Except their urge to help sometimes makes them try to get overly involved in whatever you are doing, which I find a bit draining (especially Fe-doms). I prefer taking care of myself and only asking for help when I really need it.

Fi users, though they're harder to befriend in the first place, are easier for me form close, long-lasting friendships with. In my experience, they are better at forming one-on-one relationships than Fe's, who generally try to form a better "group atmosphere." Unhealthy Fi's make me feel awkward though - the ones that I know tend to talk about very personal issues, and I'm not great at handling situations like that.

You outlined this clearly, it makes sense...I like how you clearly outlined the pros and cons from your point of view, and added a situational slant to it.

·
Registered
ESFJ
147 Posts
This is something I struggle with too, I often wonder if they're genuinely trying to be helpful or if there's a hidden motive behind it 😅 personally my Fe is pretty low so I just can't understand how someone could genuinely be so openly kind and selfless to everyone.
What's to remember when dealing with people who fit the Fe stereotype is that their carefulness/attentiveness/openness is mostly genuine and follow their moral values. BUT, it's not because they're warm, open, and smiling to someone that this person is special to them. Since they treat people the same, you could say their polite 🙂 face is just a neutral 😶 resting bitch face. Being kind is just "the normal thing to do" (even if it's surprisingly not that common.).

Back to topic, I tend to get along well with everyone but I have more Fi/Ti/Te close friends. I suppose differences are appealing to me.

·
Registered
ISTP 5w4
169 Posts
What's to remember when dealing with people who fit the Fe stereotype is that their carefulness/attentiveness/openness is mostly genuine and follow their moral values. BUT, it's not because they're warm, open, and smiling to someone that this person is special to them. Since they treat people the same, you could say their polite 🙂 face is just a neutral 😶 resting bitch face. Being kind is just "the normal thing to do" (even if it's surprisingly not that common.).

Back to topic, I tend to get along well with everyone but I have more Fi/Ti/Te close friends. I suppose differences are appealing to me.
Gotcha, thanks for the advice! :)

Reactions: Summer70

·
Registered
Probably xSFP, probably 4w3
51 Posts
With other Fi users, either we bond immediately or we instantly want to kill each other.. no in between lol.
Totally relatable

I really don't get along with Fe-doms, but I do get along very nicely with Fe-aux people, they manage to be caring and kind without being too pushy or fake or just too much, that is how I perceive most Fe-doms and what drives me away from them

As for Fi users, as it was said before, I either get along really well or not at all. I guess it depends on how close our values are and how they handle discussions. I've often noticed that I tend to have more open confrontations with Fi users than Fe users, and after the "fight" we often become closer and form a stronger friendship

1 - 20 of 25 Posts