Personality Cafe banner

Do you believe that name impacts personality?

• Yes! (Haven't checked out the kabalarians website)

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • No! (Haven't checked out the kabalarians website

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Yes! The description is accurate!

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • No, but the description is accurate!

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Yes, but the description is inaccurate.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • No, and the description is inaccurate.

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, do you believe your name impacts your personality? Just as an additional interest, copy and paste/type this link: www.kabalarians.com/(male or female)/(your first name).htm, while specifying what is inside the parenthesis and then removing the spacing and parenthesis.

For me, my name is extremely accurate... not that I really believe in the theory. How accurate is it for you?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Your name contributes sensitive, creative, and idealistic qualities to your nature that could be expressed in a variety of literary or artistic fields.

You desire harmony and refinement in your environment and in all your personal associations.

Although mentally quick and intuitive in recognizing the thoughts and feelings of others, you experience a lack of fluency in verbal expression in responding.

Although the name creates the urge to understand others, we stress that it limits self-expression and self-confidence causing moods.

This name, when combined with the last name, can frustrate happiness, contentment, and success, as well as cause health weaknesses in the fluid systems, heart, lungs and bronchial area.

I think it's very accurate but I don’t believe in the theory.

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 sp
5,252 Posts
I haven't looked at the link there, but I recall reading about my name some name-personality-fortunetelling-whatever book at one point and thinking that it was only somewhat accurate.

Personally I've noticed that some people just seem to really fit their names while others don't seem to match their name well, and two people with the same name can be very different personality wise. I do, however, suspect that how people perceive certain names affects how they interact with people who have that name meaning that your experience of life is influenced by your name which will have an impact on your development, though I don't believe the name itself makes you have a certain personality type.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Strangely accurate..

Your name gives you the ability to understand people and to merge conflicting viewpoints to create harmony in association.
You dislike facing issues or witnessing hurt feelings.

You make friends easily but must guard against becoming involved in the affairs of others or being too easily led.

You could do well working with the public giving advice, where you can use your skills in diplomacy in handling people, but where you are not under pressure or required to carry responsibility and make decisions.

You find it difficult to make snap decisions and to occupy a leadership position as you lack self-confidence.

You dislike heavy manual work; as well, you are inclined to put plans off until forced to take action.

You find it difficult to be systematic in business and you dislike budgeting.

Without the encouragement of others, you lack the energy, confidence, or initiative required to bring an idea to fruition.

This name creates weaknesses in the fluids of the body, kidneys, or glandular system.

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
HAHA. I tried for "Alex", but stopped reading after "decisive" and "good business sense".

Took a shot with "Alexandria"... now that's a hoot.

-Your name of Alexandria makes you a capable leader and organizer.

• You desire the best and want to be successful and financially prosperous and are willing to give practical help where it is deserved.
  • You are ambitious and practical and often look at things for their financial viability
HAHAHAHAHAAAHAHA.

Too bad this ain't real.

·
Registered
219 Posts
You are raised by your parents, your parents choose your name.
Often our names are influenced by our culture.
You may receive different treatment due to stereotypes or culture clash- for example, if you have a name uncommon to the community you live in (or a name that is difficult to pronounce), it could cause insecurity, dissociation from your peers, or even pride.

I believe this is the extent of the impact our names have on us.

·
Banned
1,296 Posts
  • Your name of _________ has given you a generous nature.
  • You will do your utmost to help others in need, despite inconvenience or even hardship to yourself.
  • You are affectionate, and respond quickly to appreciation.
  • As a child you were expressive.
  • An imaginative, impressionable person, you could excel in the theatre as a dramatist or comedienne, and the enjoyment and appreciation of your audience would be your greatest inspiration.
  • Fine as your nature is at times the power of your feelings is difficult to control as it unleashes itself through outbursts of temper.
  • The name does not engender emotional stability; nor have you the system and order in your thinking always to finish what you start.
  • Scattering of efforts interferes with success in your undertakings.
  • Sensitivity in your nervous system could cause you to suffer either through goitre, or nervous conditions, or to experience hysteria or mental repression.
Just about all of this is wrong. And I don't buy into the theory. I was named after my dad first of all and it doesn't describe him either, even though he's got a personality opposite to mine in many ways.

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,568 Posts
lt's strangely-partially accurate. l'm guessing because it's not a very feminine name.

Below is a brief analysis of the first name only. For an analysis of your full name and destiny, see our full free Name and Birth Date Report service for further details.

As______ you have a great love of nature and the out-of-doors.

All the finer things of life and beauties of nature are an inspiration to you and you are attracted to the mysteries of nature.

Difficulty in expression results in your being too positive, blunt, and candid in speech and although you are easily offended by others, you do not show it.

You crave affection and understanding, but rarely find it as others do not understand you and accuse you of being cool and aloof.

The average person would never realize the true depth of your nature.

A very individual, independent person, you live within your own thoughts.

The insecurity you experience from limited verbal expression and social ease results in a jealous possessiveness and suffering through frustration, repressed emotion, and self-consciousness.

This name would cause tension affecting the eyes, teeth, sinuses, ears or throat.

There could also be a sensitivity in the heart, lungs, and respiratory organs, and frequent headaches.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
LOL- it said I desire to settle down with a family...not true at all- but it also said I tend to worry a lot..and I do that sometimes.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Your name can draw your attention to historical figures and that can affect your personality but it's minimal. The descriptions remind me a bit of horoscopes, where it tells you what all humans always feel and always strive for. If I type in a random name and pretend it's mine I can easily go "Yeah, that's me" every time.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Not too far off, but I don't believe in this theory at all.

Your first name of _____ has given you a friendly, likeable nature, and you could excel in artistic, dramatic, and musical expression.

With this name, you desire the finer things in life, but you do not always have the resolve and vitality to put forth the effort necessary to fulfil your desires.

Your emotional feelings are easily aroused and you will always be involved in other people's problems as a result of your overly sympathetic nature.

You have many disappointments because of extending a helping hand to others in need, and then not receiving any acknowledgement or reciprocation for your generosity.

After each experience, you have to guard against feelings of despondency and self-pity.

You have high goals and ideals, but must incorporate more practicality, system, and concentration in order to materialize them.

In health, this name affects the nervous system and also the fluid functions, giving rise to kidney or bladder weaknesses.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
I've been to this site quite a few times, actually. I wish it gave more information about the theory behind it; all it says is that it's some sort of mathematical principle. Still, I've found it to be extremely accurate!

Here's my result. It's funny, you can tell just by my name that I'm an INFJ!
Your name of ____ contributes sensitive, creative, and idealistic qualities to your nature that could be expressed in a variety of literary or artistic fields.

You desire harmony and refinement in your environment and in all your personal associations.

Although mentally quick and intuitive in recognizing the thoughts and feelings of others, you experience a lack of fluency in verbal expression in responding.

Kind but shy, you appear calm but suffer inwardly from nervous tension that saps your strength.

As a result, you experience moods of depression and self-pity and often avoid facing issues.

A lack of confidence leads to procrastination, a need for support and encouragement from others, and a vulnerability to be taken advantage of in many situations.

Physical weaknesses resulting from the use of this name centre in the heart and respiratory organs, or in the fluid functions.

·
Registered
8 Posts
some things match, like..
•Being analytical and naturally studious, you are interested in a factual understanding of the mysteries of life.
•You take life seriously and can be easily and deeply hurt and go into moods which can be quite extreme at times, causing much turmoil and unhappiness.
•You have, also, a flair for creative expression with your hands.
•Finding it difficult to join in conversation with those with whom you are not well-acquainted, you could feel quite alone and uncommunicative with new acquaintances or in a large crowd.

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
Mine says that I have "a clever, deep mind and the talent to excel in highly inspirational lines of endeavour as a dramatist, musician, writer, or artist".

According to the (free) full report: "Within you is a strong, aggressive, active quality born to establish individuality of mind and strength of character. Your purpose is to seek an understanding of the fundamental natural laws of life, to pioneer and explore new ideas, and to become a leader. Service to humanity should be the objective of your efforts in comprehending how the laws can be applied to understanding human mind. Your natural enthusiasm and initiative will motivate others to seek constructive change. Self-centredness and self-importance are challenges to be met with humility, generosity, and an understanding of others.

"With a name in harmony with your potential, you could excel in any position that allows you to implement original, creative ideas. Your artistic potential could express in writing, art, drama, humour and wit, music, or creative cookery, or in any field in which individuality and ingenuity combined with self-expression and contact with others would be employed."

Inability to achieve said potential makes me frustrated, quick-tempered and stubborn.
And words like "cosmopolitan" & "thinker, artist, writer".

HELLO THERE!

·
Registered
INFP 4w5 6w7 9w1 so/sp
3,416 Posts
Intersting, quite a lof ot it fits me.
Your first name creates a friendly, sensitive, and practical nature.
I am super sensy, and friendly as well.
You do not take to changes easily and can be quietly stubborn.
That's actually true. I have difficulties with changes, say I do it like how someone tells me, but quietly do what I'm familair with anyway. :tongue:
For the same reason, many times you procrastinate over making decisions.

Obviously, that's me!

You do rely on the support and encouragement of others as there is an underlying lack of confidence with this name.
This couldn't be more accurate. :unsure:

·
Registered
22 Posts
My description was perfectly accurate, which I find quite strange, given that I'm INFP as well.

The name of _____ gives you a clever, quick, analytical mind, but you suffer with a great deal of self-consciousness, lack of confidence, and much aloneness because of misunderstandings.

Your idealistic and sensitive nature gives you a deep appreciation for the finer things of life and a strong desire to be of service to humanity.

There are times when you experience inner turbulence at your inability to say what you mean.

It is far easier for you to express your deeper thoughts and feelings through writing than verbally.

You find pleasure in literature, in poetry, and in your ideals and will turn to them when you feel you have been misunderstood.

You are deeply moved by the beauties of life, especially nature.

Because your feelings run deep, you must guard against the ups and downs, being very inspired one minute, then moody, reserved, and depressed the next.

Your reactions to people vary according to how you feel.

You tend to be secretive and noncommittal about private matters, yet at times you will talk effusively in order to hide your self-consciousness or to lead others away from personal subjects.

You are inspired by encouragement from others, yet suspicious of their intent.

You crave affection but seldom find anyone who understands your nature.

·
Registered
478 Posts
"• You would find electricity, electronics, and similar technical fields of interest, as well as computer, mathematical, and scientific studies."

Yes, except for math and science that's pretty spot on.

"• You are inclined to be quiet, reserved, patient, and conservative, preferring to test and prove everything to your own satisfaction before committing yourself."

Yes...

"• You like to finish what you start without interruptions, and also to have everything in its place and properly organized."

I'm getting the creeping suspicion that site knows me too well...

"• You take life seriously and can be easily and deeply hurt and go into moods which can be quite extreme at times, causing turmoil and unhappiness."

Yes...

"• Finding it difficult to join in light conversation with those with whom you are not well acquainted, you could feel quite alone and uncommunicative."

I admit I was a bit skeptical at first, but this is scary how accurate all of these have been. Thanks for sharing the site, as I'd never heard of it until now.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Your first name of ______ has given you a quick-minded, sensitive nature.

It gives you a creative ability in art, music, singing, or fancywork and an appreciation for refined surroundings.

Your sociable nature expresses affection, kindness, and thoughtfulness to the extent that it is difficult for you not to be affected by others and governed by your emotions, rather than by logic and reason.

As you respond to love and encouragement from others, your romantic and dreamy nature can easily lead you into love affairs.

Your desire for peace at any price can result in going out of your way to avoid arguments and confrontation or hurting the feelings of others.

Also, budgeting can be a problem as you enjoy spending money and can easily ignore being practical.

Any health weaknesses would show in skin conditions, and also fluid problems affecting the glandular system and kidneys.
Doesn't fit at all, but is a nice fit to my mother... As it was her who named me... Makes sense :p
BTW I hate my first name. It just doesn't fit a person like me, and my second one is worse than that...

·
Over 300 Confirmed Kills
10,568 Posts
Already took the quiz. was very seriously considering changing mine yesterday.

The hassle at this point would be enormous...but l really hate my name.

l'd like my name to be simply ''Alice'', which is the name of the person l am NAMED AFTER.

Name fail.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts