Personality Cafe banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Either romantic interests or just friends- when you're not actively texting them or talking to them, do you think about people in your life, or are you more occupied with other things that catch your attention? The person who inspired this question is probably an sx-dom, but I'm also interested in general.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Yes of course. My friend circle is small as is since I consider very few people to be my true friends. Even if they are an ex, I will still remember them. However, if they are someone whom I don't consider as an important person in my life, they will be forgotten over time if they don't remain in contact with me. Generally, how I gauge this is...will they initiate contact with me after a period of no contact? If not, then I am obviously not that important to them, and I would not contact them either (and eventually forget about them). There are exceptions, but very rare.

Reactions: maust

·
Registered
625 Posts
Yes, a lot. I think of all the potential conversations we could have in the future and play out imaginary scenes of me with them in my mind. I'm a so-dom though.

·
Registered
596 Posts
if it's my SO, yes, often. other than that, very rarely.

·
Registered
5,130 Posts
Friends, no. Not unless something specific has happened that makes thinking about them, yah know... pertinent. Someone I'm romantically interested in? Yeah. I'm pretty sure 'can't get them out of my head' is one of the first symptoms of the dread disease called Infatuation.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I can be 'forgetful' of persons. Normally there will be something turning up reminding me of their existence. I rarely find myself thinking of someone out of my own movement. It needs triggering once in a while. Luckily I have a partner who keeps track of this most of the time.

However, I do not consider it a 'negative or harmful' thing. It just so happens that when I'm focussed on stuff, I tend to not be busy with if an old friend did or did not have a bbq with friends. I simply couldn't care less, unless it was in the very room I'm residing in.

·
Registered
INTP
630 Posts
More so the ones whose absence has become permanent.

I've noticed this with myself. If a person I know is still in my life but just not around I generally don't actively think about them. But when a person I was close to is out of my life I think of them often.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I still think of my (ex) friends/best friends, but more-so in a way of reminiscing the past than wondering what they're doing at this very moment. Same thing goes for my past SO.. I guess I feel it'll be more depressing to wondering about all the achievements they could be accomplishing right now than to reminisce about the past, I mean either way, both are depressing as hell for me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts