Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
AK is the frontman of the Red Hot Chili Peppers, I collected some quotes from his autobiography (Scar Tissue, 2004). What do you think?

“I’ve wanted to feel pleasure to the point of insanity. They call it getting high, because it’s wanting to know that higher level, that godlike level. You want to touch the heavens, you want to feel glory and euphoria, but the trick is it takes work. You can’t buy it, you can’t get it on a street corner, you can’t steal it or inject it or shove it up your ass, you have to earn it.”

“That's a spiritual lifestyle, being willing to admit that you don't know everything and that you were wrong about some things. It's about making a list of all the people you've harmed, either emotionally or physically or financially, and going back and making amends. That's a spiritual lifestyle. It's not a fluffy ethereal concept.”

“It's weird, I was such a survivor and so wanted to be a part of life while I was trying to snuff out the life that was inside of me. I had this duality of trying to kill myself with drugs, then eating really good food and exercising and going swimming and trying to be a part of life. I was always going back and forth on some level.”

“I think art is inherently nonviolent and it actually occupies your mind with creation rather than destruction.”

·
Banned
1,833 Posts
I feel like anyone who likes to wander around with their shirt off as frequently as he does is probably an ENFP.

·
Banned
1,833 Posts
hahaha :)
What about ESFP? I always thought about him as a sensor ...
It's possible. Tbh I've never been an RHCP fan so I haven't paid enough attention to them lyrically to get any insight.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'd say he's most definitely SP, ESFP would be a rather strong option.
I mean, seems kind of unlikely that anyone who walks up to a girl they don't know and tells her she's going to be his girlfriend would be an INFP : d
(Which is something that he did according to his autobiography.)

I agree on the Fi-vibes about John Frusciante though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd say he's most definitely SP, ESFP would be a rather strong option.
I mean, seems kind of unlikely that anyone who walks up to a girl they don't know and tells her she's going to be his girlfriend would be an INFP : d
(Which is something that he did according to his autobiography.)

I agree on the Fi-vibes about John Frusciante though.
You've read his autobiography too, cool :}
So do you think he could be ISFP or ISTP?

·
decorum worshiper
8,993 Posts
Their songs are just dripping with Ni/Se..
If I were to guess I'd say Anthony is either an INFJ with developed Se or ISFP with high levels of Ni.

·
Banned
1,520 Posts
1st, look at the link, 2nd he is definitely an F, as you can tell by his lyrics, and I'm fairly sure he's J. The I and the N are obvious to me though.
1. Do you just expect me to take this website's word for it?
2. Why is it definite? You can't tell somebody's type by their lyrics.
3. Why are they 'obvious' to you?

·
Registered
405 Posts
2. When someone says something, they don't always mean that it is definite. Nothing is definite.
1. I don't expect you to take the website's word for it. I'm just providing evidence.
3. Because I know it for sure I just don't want to argue and you're annoying. Bye.

·
Registered
323 Posts

If and when the time to challenge the quoted person - namely, 18skeltor - type arises, will you do so?

Edit: it has arrived.

·
Banned
1,520 Posts
If and when the time to challenge the quoted person - namely, 18skeltor - type arises, will you do so?
Actually, in my original post I was gonna make some kind of snide comment about him being the most unusual INTP ever or something like that, but then decided against it for some reason.

Edit: I dunno man, I wanna give him more time to talk and let him continue to hang his own rope.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
I see him typed as that everywhere but he does not strike me at all as Se inferior.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts