Personality Cafe banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Update: So the Asian guy and I are just friends, and I am okay with that. I didn't think I was ready at the time to date anyone.

Fast forward, a new white boy started working there a few months back. I was like, "Oh great. I am really attracted to him but he's a white guy and they burn me the most and I've never had any luck with any of them. Do I want to try again?"

I went for it anyway, despite my bad luck streak. I finally had a conversation with the new guy two days ago after crushing hard core on him from afar. I didn't want to talk to him because I didn't know if he's one of those gossips at work.

After the first time we talked we seemed to hit it off. Today, I decided to give him my number in a note during break which is the only time I see him. I didn't like all those people around because I knew someone would make up some shit about me sexually harassing him. Lo and behold my co-worker in my department who I am cool with told me someone has been going around saying I'm sexually harassing the guy and he feels uncomfortable.

Guess who got back from her week vacation? That girl who made up shit about me not washing my hands. Seems like she's always around the corner every time someone starts talking shit about me. When she was gone no one said any shit about me that got back to me at all. I'm taking her to the office for big time accusations about sexual harassment. Hopefully she can get fired and I don't care if people hate me for firing that beloved girl. She did it to herself for making up shit about me. Her backstabbing is actually surprising. I didn't think she was like that. Every time I dress up (which is rare, at work) some woman there is always acting catty about my good looks. A lot of people always compliment me and my outfit for the very few times that I do dress up, but then there are the shit talkers, too. Maybe she'll get a few days suspension. Getting her fired for this is just wishful thinking, especially since it's hearsay and there's no evidence and she can totally deny it all.

I think the new guy is totally clueless about the gossips about him. He wouldn't be saying that shit about me when I barely just started talking to him literally yesterday and there was nothing sexual at all in the note it was only me asking if he just wanted to be friends since I know he is moving away in September. I didn't care if the boss read that note. I passed it to him on break. I wrote it in a professional unharassing manner.

tl;dr Should I make him aware about the gossips that people are saying about him? I think he was misinformed about me if he actually ran into the girl gossiping about me. He now sits outside instead of inside at the regular table next to me where I first saw him. I don't know if he actually himself said that about me himself but I don't think he said those things that he was uncomfortable because just yesterday he was fine having his first conversation with me with no awkwardness at all. I really don't think he said that himself about me.

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
No. Stay out of it. In fact ignore it all together. You seem to be getting jerked around by work gossip. Maybe you should start questioning whether all these people whispering helpful little tidbits into your ear are really your friends.

·
Banned
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I didn't like that the new guy couldn't even tell me he's not interested to my face, so I wanted to hear his own words. He was going to leave me hanging without a response and continue to ignore me at breaks. We had a small chat just because it's been eating at me. I did nothing harassing to him and I wanted to make sure he was on the same page that he did not say any of those things at all. All he did say was that he wasn't interested, but he never said any of that other stuff.

He doesn't know I know this but my really good friend at work who does have my back told me that he's not interested because he claims I'm not his type but he won't say it to me like that, he just uses the excuse he's leaving in a few months so it's kind of pointless to start anything.

For now I'm just going to let it be and see if he ever starts talking to me again, but I won't go out of my way to talk to him, though. I'll pretend like it never happened.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I didn't like that the new guy couldn't even tell me he's not interested to my face, so I wanted to hear his own words. He was going to leave me hanging without a response and continue to ignore me at breaks. We had a small chat just because it's been eating at me. I did nothing harassing to him and I wanted to make sure he was on the same page that he did not say any of those things at all. All he did say was that he wasn't interested, but he never said any of that other stuff.

He doesn't know I know this but my really good friend at work who does have my back told me that he's not interested because he claims I'm not his type but he won't say it to me like that, he just uses the excuse he's leaving in a few months so it's kind of pointless to start anything.

For now I'm just going to let it be and see if he ever starts talking to me again, but I won't go out of my way to talk to him, though. I'll pretend like it never happened.

To be fair, he may have just been trying not to hurt your feelings by not mentioning that you weren't his type to your face. Ignoring him and moving on seems to be the most sensible course of action in my opinion, it's too bad you couldn't avoid getting mixed up in some drama, but the past is the past. I'm sure you'll find another guy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.