Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 79 Posts

·
Banned
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if I'm an anomaly but sometimes I love just putting some mindless "doof doof" pop song and reveling in it's shallow catchiness. The catchier the better and the more unashamedly shallow the better!

Usually I like my music multilayered and sophisticated but sometimes I can't deny myself some Gaga!

Just daaaance! spin that record babe!

:blushed:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Yup, it's great for getting your housework done. And now I have that song stuck in my head...
GONNA BE OK! do do do!

·
Banned
3,653 Posts
I don't know if I'm an anomaly but sometimes I love just putting some mindless "doof doof" pop song and reveling in it's shallow catchiness. The catchier the better and the more unashamedly shallow the better!

Usually I like my music multilayered and sophisticated but sometimes I can't deny myself some Gaga!

Just daaaance! spin that record babe!

:blushed:
No. Mindless pop songs are retarded as hell. I'd never waste my time.
Perhaps females do this, but I'm not so sure about males.
Sounds very odd.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Depends on your definition of a mindless pop song; if you mean Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga or some other MTV doll then NO, definitely not... But I do like Huey Lewis and the News although their music is relatively mindless in comparison with most other music I listen to.

·
Registered
4,124 Posts
One of the INTP profiles says that we choose music to fit our current mood, so not surprising.

I have some mindless pop in my collection, (but not Brittney Spears :p)

·
Registered
344 Posts
*raises hand*
I'm a Madonna fan. "Lucky Star" is a GREAT song, no matter what anyone says.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Ugh, I can't stand them. Usually. Once in a blue moon when it's overcast and witches are about... then maybe I'll enjoy some mindless pop. I usually go for things that haven't been synthesized or auto-tuned.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Most mindless pop (and rap/hip-hop) songs instill me with some strange emotions...

These emotions are difficult to define - I start grinding my teeth, I become tense, I inadvertently start humming or singing along with the catchy tune, but that creates a strong reaction of repulsion, almost a vomitive state, disgust, I feel like screaming but I don't, I bite my own tongue and clench my fists, inner rage. It's almost like a small seizure. Mostly internalized.

I've thought deeply about why this type of music makes me react like this. I listen to a wide variety of music, from extremely noisy and sonically dense industrial and techno , to girly/emotional music, to more classical stuff. I like intense and honest music, no matter the genre.

Maybe it's just a reaction to "fakeness". I don't know, I try to avoid it whenever possible.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I love lyrics and all, but based on the people I've talked with... it seems like I'm the person who loves a song solely because if its melody. As long as the lyrics aren't TOO shallow, I'll be happy enough if it sounds great.

So with that in mind, I do listen to "mindless pop songs" sometimes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've never really been a fan of popular, mindless music at all because I pretty much don't like it and don't care about it, but then there's the fact that as a child I was a huge loner. I knew nothing of the music they talked about because I never was exposed to the radio. I'm glad I wasn't because I'm not really a fan at all of popular music today unlike the others around me. I know it's just for fun, but I'm a really artistic person with high standards that seem to get higher and higher and to me the music that's popular on the radio doesn't do art justice at all. I have to admit that the stuff's catchy and sometimes it keeps playing over and over and over again in my head, but as long as it stays meaningless I'm not listening to it... Well, unless I have to and as long as I don't think about what I'm listening to, I'm fine... *deep breaths...*

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I can't possibly imagine an INTP running around their living room singing "I'm a genie in a bottle."
ORLY?
Then you've never seen 4-year-old feefafo. Those were the days...

I really enjoy cheesy pop songs when they're played at parties or discos. I love stupid party songs. I always drag my friends up to the front/middle/most visible part of the dancefloor and break out my best moves. Those moves involve a lot of awkward contorting, twisting, shaking and flailing.

When I'm not making a fool of myself at social events, my music is mostly 80's new wave. A lot of that's pretty cheesy, but in a good, serious way.

1 - 20 of 79 Posts