Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
I think it's impossible to say, because all we know of is his behavior. We don't know his inner machinery that got him to that behavior. Some say he was an introvert, because there are several accounts of when he withdrew from people and spent time alone with his Father. But who's to say whether he was more comfortable and gained more energy from being with others or from being alone? Some say he was a feeler, because he was so focused on loving God and others. But that can be a core thinker value just as much as a core feeler value. One of the most mature, people-loving individuals I know is an ENTJ. Some say he was an intuitive... probably because most people interested in personality types are intuitives, and we want him to be what we are! I think there are references to his futuristic vision and references to his ability to be fully present and attend to the here an now. So to summarize, I think there's no way of knowing based on behavior.

Some people say, because he was God, he was all personality types. I would *guess* that this might be true of God the Father and Jesus now (glorified), but while he was in weak human form on this planet, he was limited to one human type.

Fun topic.

·
MOTM July 2012
8,033 Posts
i think that's based on the idea that INFJs are angels...but we're not.

it seems to me that Jesus is both introverted and extroverted, both sensing and intuitive, both feeling and thinking, and both judging and perceiving. there is evidence of an amazing balance of all traits...

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
INFJ in terms of bibically expressed behaviours, however as a transcendant being he could have chosen any type he wished. Perhaps he chose INFJ because it could cause the greatest effect on society now and into the future?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
No, Jesus is an ENTP. God type.

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,471 Posts
Well it hardly matters and there's no way to prove it one way or the other but I still stand by my theory that he is an ENFJ. If we're going off of stereoptypes it fits too. He was a teacher after all - always focused on other people but you could say this of a type 2 INFJ as well. Possessed Ni for obvious reasons - all those parables etc. going MUCH deeper than the physical side of things but of course he would because he was always focused on the spiritual nature of things and not the physical (the flesh). Once again, it hardly matters but still fun to discuss/think about.

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
ENFJ, he did have some oratorical skill, spent a lot of time talking to rabbis and wanted long term change via spiritual, humane means

so ask the apostles if you happen to meet them :kitteh:

*in before obvious corrections*

·
Banned
1,297 Posts
Being lazy here but I think this is relevant. Following was written by @lemondropG in a 2010 thread http://personalitycafe.com/infj-forum-protectors/39996-infjs-jesus-2.html#post882878

Reasons I think the bible portrays Jesus as an INFJ:
* He retreated into seclusion to recharge
* He used parables as a tool to communicate (INFJ trait)
* He maintained/selected a very tight circle of friends, despite the thousands who felt close to him
* He was able to debate intellectually with realitive ease & without emotional charge
* He was able to smooth over conflict with realitive ease & without emotional charge
* He was even tempered
* He very rarely disclosed information about himself
* He kept his personal struggles private
* He had a soft spot for the helpless
* He was turned off by greed
* He moved past social barriers with relative ease
* He was meditative
* He was self-sacrificing if the cause was noble
* He was incredibly good at taking two seemingly unrelated concepts and forming connections between them
* He didn't seem to value popularity, despite his popularity
* He didn't seem to value wealth, despite his percieved wealth
* He was compassionate & empathetic
* He was perceptive
* He was even tempered
* He was driven by a cause

·
Registered
INFJ 6w5, 1w2, 2w1 Sx/Sp
10,471 Posts
The above could easily describe an ENFJ as well. And actually, he seemed pretty emotionally charged at times to me. I mean, he got so angry (and rightfully so) he flipped over those tables. Emotionally charged just = passionate to me. And a person is full of passion when they care a whole lot. And since when are INFJ's not emotionally charged? I really think the intensity that is expressed has more to do with enneagram type and the instinctual sub types.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I'm not a Christian, but I always identified a bit with certain qualities of Jesus and got a bit of an INFJ vibe from him, at least as he is portrayed in various sorts of media, from that book, to the plethora of films about him. I know some ENFJ's, and frankly, he seems more Ni-dominant, auxiliary Fe, at least to me. What do you suppose was his Enneagram?

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
I'll ask when I meet him.

Then he can ask if people are still fighting over him.

Then we'll both laugh and play scrabble.

·
Registered
521 Posts
* He used parables as a tool to communicate (INFJ trait)
This is more of an Ne thing. Ni will readily perceive the connection, but will probably not have the wherewithal to put it into real terms like Ne would.

* He moved past social barriers with relative ease
Sounds like a P thing moreso. Te and Fe lead you to derive judgement from context so it'd make sense that J types would less naturally turn against the grain in this sense.

* He was incredibly good at taking two seemingly unrelated concepts and forming connections between them
This can be either N function at work, but with Ni it'd be a highly subjective, internalized process, so I assume the guy who wrote this meant Jesus was more talking about a tendency to do this in communication like with his earlier point. And that's more Ne.

* He didn't seem to value popularity, despite his popularity
Either general introvert tendency or Ti/Fi thing.

* He was self-sacrificing if the cause was noble
* He was driven by a cause
These are interesting points. If any of you are reading this and can elaborate more on what this guy was saying, I'd be interested to hear it. My Jesus Christ and Holy Bible knowledge isn't great.

·
Registered
745 Posts
I would think Jesus transcends MBTI/Enneagram/all personality typing.

As much as typing systems describe people, it doesn't embody/describe the totality of them. If typing systems can't completely describe a person, then how much more it, as a system thought of by humans, would fail to describe Jesus/God, the One that made humans.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is more of an Ne thing. Ni will readily perceive the connection, but will probably not have the wherewithal to put it into real terms like Ne would.
Really? Maybe I'm mistyped. I got INFJ but one of my biggest skills is taking all the crazy thoughts in my head and portraying them to the outside world via analogies, metaphors, parables, etc., that I have crafted. That's actually my most effective way to communicate with the outside world.

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Not only was Jesus an INFJ, I myself am Jesus.

He is risen.
So why is the "risen" Jesus doubtful? *Comforts*

Woot, I comforted Jesus. /flex

1 - 20 of 41 Posts