Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are we becoming more accepting of Sensors? Or do people just like to argue against stereotypes due to a feeling of self-righteousness? If you're a Sensor, have you ever felt "rejected" by the MBTI community, or had your opinions treated as less worthy due to your type? Have you noticed any changes at all since you entered this community/forum? I would like to read your opinions.

·
Yaybe
4,224 Posts
Perhaps one day sensors will reign supreme and be our righteous overlords.

But yea, I've seen more sensor hate than intuitive.

·
Banned
3,802 Posts
Are we becoming more accepting of Sensors? Or do people just like to argue against stereotypes due to a feeling of self-righteousness?
There will always be people who want to use MBTI as a means to feel superior to others but I think that it's related to immaturity. They will either grow up and mature, or lose their interest in MBTI.

If you're a Sensor, have you ever felt "rejected" by the MBTI community, or had your opinions treated as less worthy due to your type? Have you noticed any changes at all since you entered this community/forum? I would like to read your opinions.
I can't say I have. I think as far as sensor types go, ISFPs have it a lot easier than say ESTJs though. The anti-sensor bias doesn't really bother me. If someone wants to look down on me because I'm a sensor then that says more about them than it does about me.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
I think it's gotten much better at least from how I perceived some bias' a few years ago when I first joined. It seemed a lot more hostile and blatantly rude at times back then. More recent I guess I don't usually get those vibes as much.

I have had a few people seem to resort to acting dismissive for what seemed under the basis of my being sensor (however it really hasn't been recent). In those few cases they really just appeared more unaware of their own lack of cognitive function knowledge than anything.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Hope so, the bias is rampant on Facebook groups, this website is easily the least hostile place for typology I know of.

I for one am in awe of sensors - Si and Se.
Both functions fascinate the shit out of me.
Got like the shittiest most basic understanding of them atm.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
Yup, we're the Justin Timberlake of the MBTI world.

We were initially seen as a joke but now considered legitimate artists, bitches.
Well eh 20/20 wasn't amazing but it's got some killers on it like Mirrors, FutureSex/LoveSounds is tasty a.f arguably his best album ATM.. I'm one of those weirdos who dig Justified a lot too, cheesy name though.

How would you rank em?

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Not so much with ESTPs, I've gotten from an INTJ that he admired me to the point of wishing he could be me. ISTJs on the other hand I see bearing the most brunt of it. Maybe a little biased, but their lack of strategic thinking makes them viable candidates.

·
Banned
5,331 Posts
It's easy to debunk, they rely too heavily on stereotypes to the point where anything remotely involving using your brain means intuition.
Wholeheartedly agree.
I see a lot of people getting typed as N types, and self-typing as such, when it's clear to see this isn't the truth.

N types are supposed to be rare. Shouldn't be every poster.
A little creativity doesn't make someone an N type.

For whatever reason, I haven't witnessed it the other way around, where an obvious N type is typed as an sensor, not people who self-type as S when they're really N.

Shows the bias is real, to me.
Completely unwarranted though.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I feel like there's bias towards every type, I haven't really noticed sensors as being the main victim. Everyone are getting haten on because of the dreadful MBTI general descriptions, either you spend time explaining over and over again what your type really is or you just ignore the hate.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts

I don't disagree with that, but how would you differentiate a N user from a S user in an internet forums?
He wouldn't, he's just making false claims, that's what he is. He is butthurt because he doesn't get to be the special snowflake like he's used to be in real life. (with more people being N types here on internet forums)

·
Registered
ISFP
3,108 Posts
He wouldn't, he's just making false claims, that's what he is. He is butthurt because he doesn't get to be the special snowflake like he's used to be in real life. (with more people being N types here on internet forums)
Did Turi kill your dog? Stole your girl/boyfriend? What is with the drama?

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
Perhaps one day sensors will reign supreme and be our righteous overlords.
You're kidding - Sensors make up the vast majority of humanity and have done so ever since the dawn of mankind.

On average, Sensors are generally more competent and successful in survival while Intuitives are generally more competent and successful in prosperity. Given that the common people lived under conditions in which they had to act for their survival, Sensors thrived while Intuitives suffered, and sensors have historically been psychologically more biased towards Sensation while Intuitives had to be more perceptively balanced (as in they developed their weaker S) to get by because of this.

Where there is prosperity, there are Intuitives.
I predict that automation, whenever it's going to happen, will cause a mass psychological shift, with the number of Intuitives increasing and the Sensors decreasing, the Intuitives getting to thrive while the Sensors will have to adapt and become more perceptively balanced (as in develop their weaker N), with Intuitives eventually becoming the majority.

But yea, I've seen more sensor hate than intuitive.
You might've seen more particularly on this website and other typology and psychology communities since they're pretty much dominated by Intuitives. Typology (psychology in general) is a very theoretical field, so of course it'll attract more Intuitives than Sensors if it appeals to Intuition.

Tying into my previous point, I've observed, and I bet many here have done so as well, that the Sensors on this site are generally much more balanced in perception than the average Sensor, while the Intuitives here are more extremely intuitive.

((Disclaimer: Correlation does not equal causation. These are the trends of collectives, averages, and don't inherently apply to individuals.))

1 - 20 of 137 Posts