Personality Cafe banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think as INFP's you are/would be better nurtured by some one that is either also and I or an F?

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Yes.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Banned
3,624 Posts
Interesting. How was it like if I may ask?
Well, it's an interesting mix.

To be honest, it's been hard.

Both my sister and parents are very cold and aloof. There's a lot of avoidance and emotional suppression. I always remembered craving love and affection as a child and never receiving it. I kind of gave up wanting it after a while..

My parents have definitely kept my feet on the ground. My fathers hardheadedness and rationality make him very loyal and dependable. My mother is also loyal too... my parents used to fight a lot but stayed together for us kids, and I will be forever grateful for the sacrifices they were willing to make.
Although we rarely talk, my father is also in the position to give really practical advice, I would never consider. Words cant express how valuable that has been.

On the other side of the coin, I think my ISFP sister and my own sort of playfulness/silliness/idealism has been good for my parents. I think we have made them loosen up a bit over the years. I also think we have made them better communicators, and more sensitive to peoples feelings. Whenever I or my sister take something to heart my dad responds with either a look of 'do not compute' or with anger/disbelief. 'Tact' is not a virtue in my household. And so that has also helped my sister and I toughen our skin.

I think when opposites are involved, you really learn how important forgiveness and acceptance is in any relationship. I've learnt some intangible life lessons.. so I wouldnt trade my dysfunctional family in for anything :laughing: At least I have my family all intact

1 - 7 of 7 Posts