Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard many istps do. Would you say you fit this description?

·
Banned
2,283 Posts
I love a crisis, chaos, and/or mayhem. Its during these times that an individual can find out what they are made of, what the individuals around us are made of, and the opportunities that can be had during those situations.

And the one thing that is true in chaos, it is equally fair to everyone involved. I live for those moments. Its the biggest high.

·
MOTM Jan 2012
6,514 Posts
Bring the heat! Otherwise, I'd never get anything done.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Yes. Nothing is better for my focus than a little pressure. When things get hectic it's like the world and my mind are finally concurrent.

Reactions: JB Nobody

·
Registered
2,688 Posts
Haha I get things done when being threatened but I don't like it

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
most things i get done happen due to pressure

·
Registered
77 Posts
I noticed I feel competitive when I see someone my age who is much more accomplished than me. Like better grades, more club activities, more involved in the school, etc. So I take it upon myself to try to outdo that person. So that person becomes like a measuring mechanism for me.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I have heard many istps do. Would you say you fit this description?
under pressure i will get things done but wont like it...but i thrive in a crisis

·
Registered
620 Posts
Gravity is a pressure nobody could live without.
Just that you have the HIGHEST threashold for it, you thriveand remain thinking, where others meltdown.

How do you thrive when you feel emotional pressures, not as well?

·
Registered
87 Posts
No if I have to make fast decisions or learn stuff in a do or die situation. Yes if mere focus on something I already know is enough or if it's about long term pressure for coming up with solutions.

·
Registered
9,922 Posts
Depends

Yes & No

I hate when its pressure like insinuating or implying I need to achieve something before I got a chance to "try". As soon as someone tries to tell me what has to be done to "win" or succeed well I totally seem to loose my train of thought. I am not sure if I am explaining this very well or not. I hate pressure thats implied I guess. Like playing darts I can be doing awesome, but if someone tells me to keep it up or tries to cheer me on to do better my game can go out the door. Its like they fucked it up. I also hate pressure when it comes to commitment and obligation. I resent things a lot more when it feels forced.

I do very well under pressure in staying calm in emergency situations and operating under last minute deadlines that I kind of thrive on.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Depends

Yes & No

I hate when its pressure like insinuating or implying I need to achieve something before I got a chance to "try". As soon as someone tries to tell me what has to be done to "win" or succeed well I totally seem to loose my train of thought. I am not sure if I am explaining this very well or not. I hate pressure thats implied I guess. Like playing darts I can be doing awesome, but if someone tells me to keep it up or tries to cheer me on to do better my game can go out the door. Its like they fucked it up. I also hate pressure when it comes to commitment and obligation. I resent things a lot more when it feels forced.

I do very well under pressure in staying calm in emergency situations and operating under last minute deadlines that I kind of thrive on.
This. If you can substitute the word "pressure" for "obligation", then there are times I can be next to worthless. On the other hand, if people are melting down, my contrarian side kicks in, and I tend to stay focused and often surprise myself.

That said, I'm not a terribly pleasant person to be around when I'm that focused, because I'm not willing to tolerate distractions, especially emotional ones. I'm not a jerk, just blunt and unwilling to spend time explaining things to panicky, helpless bystanders. Their questions and meltdowns are their problem, I'm trying to save someone's life or job.

·
Banned
4,143 Posts
I like having a set amount of time for a task, because I tend to procrastinate if there's too much time. I always liked the 'give a talk about a subject I will tell you NOW in five minutes' tasks in debating.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts