Personality Cafe banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So kinda weird question but hey I'm an infp :D I've noticed that whenever I'm shopping, I touch everything and it annoys the hell out of me. I've thought a lot about why I do this and I think I've come to the conclusion that I have a need to feel connected to "my stuff" and so I won't buy it if I don't feel some type of special connection. This then leads to the problem of not being able to throw old stuff away because all my stuff is "special". Seriously, I bought a pen the other day and went though all the blue ones trying to decide which one I wanted when they all looked identical. I will do that with pretty much everything I buy, dvds, books, etc. I know they are all the same but will still look through all of them on the shelf for "mine." Anyway I was just wondering if this was just something I do or if others do it as well?

Between the way I'm always picking up stuff and the non-logical way I walk around while shopping, I'm sure security thinks I'm shoplifting. :crazy:

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
To me, it sounds like OCD. Maybe you don't really have OCD, though. I think it's normal to have some obsessive compulsive habits.

·
Registered
4,347 Posts
Hrm, I wonder what you'd do to a guy you were dating that was all yours.

Anyways, i touch things a lot at the stores. Usually graze things intentionally or just get feeling for all sorts of fabrics.

I don't quite masturbate with my stuff at home though and I have no qualms throwing things out.

·
Registered
94 Posts
isfpism OCD or both XD

·
Registered
3,990 Posts
I know an INFP girl who really likes to be touched but wouldn't admit it, actually she shies away from physical contact, but likes being hugged regardless

·
MOTM February 2014
4,787 Posts
I have a mild fascination about textures, so I touch things, too. But not quite to your extent, no... For me it's not really about connection except maybe on some basic level. Like, "This is how it feels, it's there and real." If it's something that I'd use often, then yeah, I want to make sure it feels comfortable in my hand, how heavy it is, etc.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Not too much while shopping, but sometimes I'll touch and mess with things, but usually it's just cause I'm nervous or anxious about something and I don't really notice or care what it is I'm messing with even though I may try and act like I'm all interested in what I'm touching.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I know an INFP girl who really likes to be touched but wouldn't admit it, actually she shies away from physical contact, but likes being hugged regardless
Hmm..do I know you?

Hrm, I wonder what you'd do to a guy you were dating that was all yours.
You could come over and find out.

Anyways, i touch things a lot at the stores. Usually graze things intentionally or just get feeling for all sorts of fabrics.

I don't quite masturbate with my stuff at home though and I have no qualms throwing things out.
I don't go around touching stuff at home. I'm trying to get better about throwing stuff out. I think I get that from my family, their basement if full of crap. Last time I moved I threw out a bunch of stuff, it was hard so I'm trying not to collect so much.

·
Premium Member
15,247 Posts
  • I do not touch people. I consider this a criminal offense, unless it's family.
  • I touch soft fabrics in the store when shopping before I buy.
  • I was in a cave in Aruba and reached out to touch the indian cave painting on the ceiling (picture I took, below). I was successful w/the touch and The Guide just about had a heart attack.
  • Before buying fruit, I'll squeeze it.
  • I smell books and I sniff potpourri and shampoo bottles in the store.
  • I sniff a lot of the Yankee Candles before I buy them.
The last two examples aren't about touching but I felt the need to disclose that information.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
I have this thing where sometimes I pet people or touch their noses. But when I was younger (up to 4 or 5 years), I tried to eat everything, just to see how things tasted.

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
YES, definitely. lol
Don't say it so seemingly pridefully! It's one of those things that people only tolerate if you're below the age of five.

Are you below the age of five, Rainbow?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts