Personality Cafe banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have discovered something horrible while introspecting, ie it is very hard for each one of us to coexist peacefully because of the ego. The society around me is based on power as seen in jungle.
Even if the elites decide to rule somewhere they will fail as well.
:shocked:

Bad leadership is very much possible if someone doesn't truly sees himself as serving solely human life.

THE BALANCE IS HARD TO ATTAIN!

We all think what we think is the right truth. Atheist think religion is stupid. Religious people think atheists are ignorant.

BEING A TRUE EMPATH IS ONE FUCKING HARD JOB

Is Trump empathetic ? No!

If you empathetic people think you weak it is fucked up. How many one on one conversationns you would be able to have
We all have different tolerance levels .

Think about something you hate. . are you open minded enough to appreciate the goodness in it ?

·
Registered
3,106 Posts
It depends on what is the subject of hate or distaste. Something like Trump being the president surely has positive sides, even if in general, it is a bad thing. On the other hand, something like sexual abuse doesn't.

One could argue a victim of sexual abuse could use the experience to find inner strength or whatever and improve, evolve in life. Others could argue that being the victim of sexual abuse could be an experience that would improve a person from a spiritual perspective. Personally speaking, though, I call the act evil. That is what it is for me, no positive sides. It is vile, it is hatred in one if its purest forms.

What that speaks about me, I don't know.

"We all think what we think is the right truth." I don't agree with this statement, as truly educated people know their knowledge is subject to being wrong. So not everyone necessarily thinks they are always right.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It depends on what is the subject of hate or distaste. Something like Trump being the president surely has positive sides, even if in general, it is a bad thing. On the other hand, something like sexual abuse doesn't.

One could argue a victim of sexual abuse could use the experience to find inner strength or whatever and improve, evolve in life. Others could argue that being the victim of sexual abuse could be an experience that would improve a person from a spiritual perspective. Personally speaking, though, I call the act evil. That is what it is for me, no positive sides. It is vile, it is hatred in one if its purest forms.

What that speaks about me, I don't know.

"We all think what we think is the right truth." I don't agree with this statement, as truly educated people know their knowledge is subject to being wrong. So not everyone necessarily thinks they are always right.
if you think you could be wrong...These are the kind of people I love! :D
The open mindness, the openess to possibilities than debating over the fact that their knowledge is the right one as you see many doing around us. Even if you genuinly believe that you are correct, being humble enough and not disparage your opposition.

And when I said something you hate. I meant something individually, like some sort of stigma you have developed that this thing is bad but other people don't see it, like prejudices. Sexual abuse I would say globally, is wrong! Period. (and yeah growth is involved in ones suffering but that's not what I meant.

Ps- Nice avatar! :)

·
Registered
400 Posts
Think about something you hate. . are you open minded enough to appreciate the goodness in it ?
I seldom hate. That's not a feeling I often associate with. I may dislike something but I don't hate it. If I ever decide that I absolutely hate something/someone, it's unlikely I will be able to see any goodness in it, let alone appreciate it.

Perhaps you can cite examples of things you hate but you see goodness in it nonetheless. I'm prepared to change my mind.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I seldom hate. That's not a feeling I often associate with. I may dislike something but I don't hate it. If I ever decide that I absolutely hate something/someone, it's unlikely I will be able to see any goodness in it, let alone appreciate it.

Perhaps you can cite examples of things you hate but you see goodness in it nonetheless. I'm prepared to change my mind.
Well that is a typical INFJ response I feel. xD
Let's tone down the intensity that the word "Hate" has.
Like I replied to the other post.
What about certain prejudices you might have developed towards something?

It is common for someone to have some prejudices against the opposite community. Let's say religion. If your surrounding environment is dictating you it that "they" are wrong.

Someone showed a youtube video I lost the link. :(
Like how if it comes down to life and death you will rather let the opposition die first.
And this is what Hiter was able to do. And this applies to any other war and even fights . You would not know when you will become part of it.

I hope you undertand!

That Balance is hard to attain! And looking at the leader's of today going for exclusivity rather than inclusvity .. well ...that's when I start looking towards nihilism.

·
Registered
400 Posts
@pessimistic kid
Ok, I kinda understand where you're coming from, :)
I've not been brought up to think bad of people not of my kind except cults that brainwash people to kill themselves/others or sacrifice their children. That to me is pure evil. Where I live, people of different religions/ethnicities live more or less in harmony although personal prejudices do exist. Perhaps religion is not a good topic for me to explore. Let's talk about ethnicity. I do have prejudices towards certain ones but do I hate them as a whole? No. I'm still able to make friends with and truly like the ones who don't display those characteristics I dislike and associate them with. That's me trying not to tar them all with the same brush.

What I find more difficult to decide is what is right and what is wrong. Did you watch 'Eye in the Sky'? Do you think they did the right thing? Hitler is an extreme example. I can't see any "right" in what he did. Same goes to the Japan massacre of Nanking, Pol Pot's regime and Mao Zedong's regime.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
@pessimistic kid
Ok, I kinda understand where you're coming from, :)
I've not been brought up to think bad of people not of my kind except cults that brainwash people to kill themselves/others or sacrifice their children. That to me is pure evil. Where I live, people of different religions/ethnicities live more or less in harmony although personal prejudices do exist. Perhaps religion is not a good topic for me to explore. Let's talk about ethnicity. I do have prejudices towards certain ones but do I hate them as a whole? No. I'm still able to make friends with and truly like the ones who don't display those characteristics I dislike and associate them with. That's me trying not to tar them all with the same brush.

What I find more difficult to decide is what is right and what is wrong. Did you watch 'Eye in the Sky'? Do you think they did the right thing? Hitler is an extreme example. I can't see any "right" in what he did. Same goes to the Japan massacre of Nanking, Pol Pot's regime and Mao Zedong's regime.
That's great that you do that, I wish everyone does that. But since you do have a prejudices against certain ones. I am talking about the ones you still dislike... Are you openminded and mature enough to still see the good in them?
That's what I am talking about. What if they feel this negativity towards you as well?
It will be easy for anyne to unite you with them in taking them out! (the ones you still have prejudices against)

Did you watch 'Eye in the Sky'?
No, I haven't! Will watch it and tell you my views! :)

About Hitler, yeah we don't see any right in what he did. But I am talking about the people that supported him. They beleive that enemy is outside of them and they will kill them if they don't. And if they succeed, the power will be theirs! Just like in jungle.
There are so many things dividing us. And if any human suffers because of arrogance and ignorance because of the rest of the human beings. That is where we fail! We need inclusivity to strive forward. But that requires killing of ego.

Balance is tough!

·
Registered
400 Posts
That's great that you do that, I wish everyone does that. But since you do have a prejudices against certain ones. I am talking about the ones you still dislike... Are you openminded and mature enough to still see the good in them?
That's what I am talking about. What if they feel this negativity towards you as well?
It will be easy for anyne to unite you with them in taking them out! (the ones you still have prejudices against)
In an ideal world, people live without prejudices. We all love one another and there's no such thing as religion/ethnicity/political faction/social status. But we ain't living in an ideal world. And if I tell you I neither dislike anyone nor have any form of prejudice against anything, then you may call me "Saint 00Hikaru00". The deal is even if I don't like whatever you hold dear, can I still co-exist with you? The answer is 'yes', provided that the things you hold dear do not threaten others and we respect one another's perimeters. The reason why people fight is because we all wanna protect what we value and these can be very subjective. Also, some people derailed despite initial good intentions. It takes wisdom and willpower to stay on the original course. Of course there's also greed that's the root of evil.

Btw I don't think nihilism is the way to go. That's a very pessimistic approach.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
@pessimistic kid
Did you watch 'Eye in the Sky'? Do you think they did the right thing? .
I watched the movie last night. It was a tearjerker. And yeah it is pretty hard to choose what is right and what is wrong. Many people choose to go with their community regardless of the morality and that I find EXTREMLEY PATHETIC. This movie exactly goes with my question. Say they had to ask the American president to launch the bomb do you think he would have cared about that girl?

I find it amazing how empathetic some characters were in the movie. It is hard for me to accept that they act so humanly on daily basis.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts