Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Banned
8,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like in the future or whatever?

For those who have a child? Do you regret having one? XD like prefer being childless? XD

Do you think it has more advantage of bearing a child or it's just okay not to have one these days?

Because the world is already populated with sinful human beings and you don't wanna add another miserable human being in existence? XD

·
Registered
3,765 Posts

For those who have a child? Do you regret having one? XD like prefer being childless? XD

Do you think it has more advantage of bearing a child or it's just okay not to have one these days?

Because the world is already populated with sinful human beings and you don't wanna add another miserable human being in existence? XD
I'm a man, straight, healthy, enjoy risky sports, having bruises, playing interesting things... wanna hear something funny?

Ohhhhhhh so cute!!!!!arawwargrgrgrgrgrgr my heart is melting!!!!!

Ok cut it. I grew up in family with some... issues... so since young I had them pressuring me on showing surprise and being amaze by watching a baby. My instinct was ZERO, then after getting to know babies (remember I was a child) babies were to me noisy 3d printers of poop, smelly, wouldn't let you do shit. Then after getting to know a few more babies I just... got scared thinking there was something wrong with me because honestly, I had no interest on them, they took time away from you and were... a problem, yes a fucking problem. The issue was my family pressuring me (mother and sister) as if not responding like them was a problem, turns out I was completely normal, thank God I have no permanent issues on that.

Babies a problem? turns out most of the babies "family friends" took to my house were a problem because they didn't take proper caring. And my initial reaction was very natural. I was the youngest. To this day my mother still express whatever ideas and if you don't share them, tries to make you feel bad as if you have a problem, well not "as if", she makes clear YOU have a problem. Babies included. Over certain chapters of my life I feared being a selfish bastard rejecting children :( in my region the usual is getting married and having children... no-question-asked, you suppose to do it.

I'm over that. I'm not sure on having children, was about to... false positives (2) with the two woman I wanted to marry, but the relationship didn't continue. Over the years I felt the desire of having a child, TWO. Then discover part of it was the effect of not growing up with my father, this caused some mental imaginary situations where I take care of them and yes I felt some things healing inside me while at it.

Since some years ago I have no interest on having children but I now know for certain children in my case are a consequence. They are very important, it's about many circumstances in your life that make you want them and being somehow ready (you are never ready I believe). So, I strongly think someone with a bad relationship, no BFGF or things like that and insisting on having babies... from where I'm standing... that's an issue, this person has problems. You can't just have such desires despite of whatever surrounds you, that's why it's a consequence to me. I know many families who had children when they hated each other and there is no certainty on how they made the child, fighting? sex-rape? stupid asshole everyday but good sex? who knows. I know for certain children are not about YOU (yourself). And they are trickier than making bread!!!! many things can turn out bad if you don't take proper care. And yes I can make bread too.

Having a healthy child is a challenge, both physically and mentally. Surprise!!! these days being healthy means more challenges than being dysfunctional!!!!

·
Registered
3,642 Posts

Hahahaha, I think I already have one. Regrets ??? Yes, of course ... I should have used a fucking rubber, I got chlamydia and she got knocked up.

·
Meh.
8,050 Posts
Have one, in the process of constructing another.

Definitely no regrets. It is hard work, a major game changer and I do look forward to when they are a little bit more self sufficient but watching them grow and learn and explore is rewarding in a way and on a level that I wasn’t aware of it existed. I probably would have lived just as happily without kids but I don’t regret them.

·
Registered
3,447 Posts
Hahahaha, I think I already have one. Regrets ??? Yes, of course ... I should have used a fucking rubber, I got chlamydia and she got knocked up.
:shocked:

Reactions: atamagasuita

·
Registered
3,447 Posts

It's now or never, Atama. You should have six kids.

Reactions: atamagasuita

·
Banned
307 Posts
I feel like people who are of sound mind and body have an obligation to our nation and the human race to have children and I hope that at some point in the future I will be able to do my part. It's just plain selfish not to have kids. Oh, so if you have kids you won't be able to fly around the world and retire at 40? That's true, but what purpose is there to life if all you care about is money and being idle? It's a hopeless argument to try to make in our hedonistic modern world though. Nobody cares about making the future better anymore, they only care about themselves and the RIGHT NOW.

·
Banned
123 Posts
Yes I want them sort of, but the prospect frightens me and I,am running out of time. I hope to take really, really good care of myself, and have them as late as possible, like late 30s maybe even just at like 40 the latest because I have so many goals and everything has not worked out as intended...
( like Brad Pitt and a lot of celebrities have)

Chris Cornell had kids in his late or mid 40s I think,and George Clooney just did and he is around that same age.

I know it is sort ofmbad for your semen, but I am aging better then most people and seem or mistaken for younger still. I am not 100% sure, it really depends. I met a girl with a child recently that I really liked and I was open the prospect and idea,of helping her raise them because it is only one child and it wouod not be that hard.

Likewise I am still not really together enough though, and the prospect of screwing them up really scares me, especially because I had such an awful childhood.

·
Banned
123 Posts
Also, I never realized it or saw it as an adequate reason to have kids, but I think I have pretty good genes and positive things to instill or teach someone so it would a beneficial and positive thing for me to have kids.

Plus there was like Abraham, what did he supposedly have kids when he was like a 100? Lol, look at his ancestores now!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I feel like people who are of sound mind and body have an obligation to our nation and the human race to have children and I hope that at some point in the future I will be able to do my part. It's just plain selfish not to have kids. Oh, so if you have kids you won't be able to fly around the world and retire at 40? That's true, but what purpose is there to life if all you care about is money and being idle? It's a hopeless argument to try to make in our hedonistic modern world though. Nobody cares about making the future better anymore, they only care about themselves and the RIGHT NOW.
I can appreciate some of what you're saying as a Native American, because my culture similarly thinks about the community over the self and future generations. However, I don't think we're meant to be a slave to obligations either. Also, don't many people have children for selfish reasons? We've all met the kind of parents who brag endlessly about their children because they are living vicariously through them.

Personally, I don't want to have children any time soon. Maybe in ten years, if I'm married, then that might be a strong possibility. You can spend your twenties traveling and "doing you" and still have children.

·
Banned
307 Posts
I can appreciate some of what you're saying as a Native American, because my culture similarly thinks about the community over the self and future generations. However, I don't think we're meant to be a slave to obligations either. Also, don't many people have children for selfish reasons? We've all met the kind of parents who brag endlessly about their children because they are living vicariously through them.
Yes, people do that as well. I don't think we should be a, "slave" to our obligations, but denying them completely isn't good either.

Personally, I don't want to have children any time soon. Maybe in ten years, if I'm married, then that might be a strong possibility. You can spend your twenties traveling and "doing you" and still have children.
Technically speaking you certainly can and in fact it's quite common, BUT scientifically speaking there is a reduction in IQ for babies born to parents later in life as well as increased risk of certain diseases. So the question arises how many points are you willing to shave off your child's IQ just so you can travel more?*

*NOTE: This is somewhat exaggerating the issue as the effect is pretty small, but increased risk of diseases like autism is still very real.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Technically speaking you certainly can and in fact it's quite common, BUT scientifically speaking there is a reduction in IQ for babies born to parents later in life as well as increased risk of certain diseases. So the question arises how many points are you willing to shave off your child's IQ just so you can travel more?*

*NOTE: This is somewhat exaggerating the issue as the effect is pretty small, but increased risk of diseases like autism is still very real.
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2009/mar/10/child-intelligence-older-fathers

This article suggests that the issue with IQ was only for the age of father, not the mother, and I'm female. The article states, "The same study found that children's IQ was marginally higher if they were born to older mothers, a finding scientists have put down to those women spending more time caring for and nurturing their infants." For me personally I was thinking about early to mid 30s, being 22 now.

·
Banned
307 Posts
https://www.theguardian.com/science/2009/mar/10/child-intelligence-older-fathers

This article suggests that the issue with IQ was only for the age of father, not the mother, and I'm female. The article states, "The same study found that children's IQ was marginally higher if they were born to older mothers, a finding scientists have put down to those women spending more time caring for and nurturing their infants." For me personally I was thinking about early to mid 30s, being 22 now.
Presumably the father will also be aging too over the next 10+ years until you have this hypothetical kid..

And while IQ may not be as clearly linked to female age, other genetic disorders are.

·
Registered
2,771 Posts
Not interested in having babies, although meeting the right partner could always change that. For now, I'm happy being an auntie and god-mother.

1 - 20 of 118 Posts