Personality Cafe banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there :)
I read that ISFPs generally like to dress well. However, would you also want your ideal partner to dress well too or would that not matter so much?

On a similar note, what kind of fashion/clothing do you like to see in the opposite gender? Feel free to describe in words or post pics! Thanks!

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hmm... Interesting question. I think a bigger concern for me would be finding a woman who can put up with my ever changing eccentricities in my own style.

I don't think I am attracted to any particular style. As long as she wears it confidently, and it suits her, I'm happy.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yes! I am way more attracted to those who dress well, I think that's one thing me and my boyfriend have in common: we both love to look nice (eccentric too) we both love steampunk fashion the most

I love it when guys wear nice shirts, vests, and ties, just around. I don't care where he is, if I see a guy in a nice vest and shirt or maybe a hat that suits him, I turn my head. My boyfriend wears button up shirts and a tie almost every day, and it makes me so happy.

·
Registered
9,785 Posts
I like neat people, not necessarily fashionable. So long as they're clean, neat and don't have holes in their clothes I'm usually fine with what they wear :)
I have dated 'messy' guys and it got really annoying XD

·
Registered
97 Posts
I'm not too sure, but with ISFPs living day-by-day, so does my preference of a fasion/dressing-sense upon the opposite. So I don't really care much for what the other person wears as long as: 1) it suits her, 2) it looks comfortable/"natural" on her, 3) she is confident wearing what she wears

I find it ridiculous for anyone to wear something that they're not comfortable with just to look good; end the of the day, it's your body that suffers. Also women who constantly say things like "You know, this shirt/dress/skirt/blouse im wearing seems to make my thigh/legs/hand/tummy/neck look fat" turn me off most.

·
Banned
3,145 Posts
I don't need my partner to dress well all the time, but I do need him to pay attention to how he dresses and dresses appropriately for an occasion. For example, if we are going on a night out or for dinner or for a social somewhere, I'd like him to dress nicely. I have an ex who wear worn-down band t-shirts and jeans ALL THE DAMN TIME, whether it was to gigs, to shows, to go out in clubs, eating in a restaurant, to just hang out in the park, going to the shops. etc. OMFG it drove me absolutely nuts, considering how i'd actually make an effort to dress up when we would go out for dinner in a restaurant or on nights out! I talked ot him about it once(should have done it more considering how much it was bothering me) and he said that he has grown too fat for most of his dress clothes...

it just really bothered me because it feels like he doesn't care enough to make an effort, but then again there was so many other things in the relationship that I was unhappy about.

·
Registered
7,053 Posts
Yes, and no. I don't think I would date someone solely based on their choice of clothing, and I know some people have messy days. I love messy days.

I'm all for casual clothing, jeans/pants/tshirt/hoody/jumper whatever is fine with me. Not fashionable, but not completely blind to what goes with what.

·
Registered
959 Posts
It would be nice for them to dress in things that we both really like, but unless my girlfriend is dressed in something really obscene than I wouldn't care too much.

·
Banned
18 Posts
Yes. She doesn't have to be a walking designer department store - that's preferrred but not necessary. If you take care of yourself, you can take care of me. Win/Win.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts