Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Happiness is inner peace (and a warm gun :wink:)

Anyway, that's what success is to me: inner peace.

Reactions: Rusalka

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Happiness is inner peace (and a warm gun :wink:)

Anyway, that's what success is to me: inner peace.
how do you acheive that?

physical happiness i have one too: the sun warming my face while i close my eyes and im laying down

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
how do you acheive that?

physical happiness i have one too: the sun warming my face while i close my eyes and im laying down
Through self actualization. Sorry. That's the quick answer, but it can take a life time to achieve.

Reactions: nadineinc

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Happiness is ONE of the things I want. Sometimes the things I want do not go together. For instance, some do crazy things to feel happy and I simply won't do those things. There is more to life than to spending your time and energy trying to make yourself happy. What about fulfilling your potential, helping others, making others happy, finding your purpose in life, learning more about yourself/others/life, learning to love, etc, etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Happiness is ONE of the things I want. Sometimes the things I want do not go together. For instance, some do crazy things to feel happy and I simply won't do those things. There is more to life than to spending your time and energy trying to make yourself happy. What about fulfilling your potential, helping others, making others happy, finding your purpose in life, learning more about yourself/others/life, learning to love, etc, etc.
Wouldn't all those things factor into overall happiness? I think that it takes a lot of things to achieve complete happiness. When the important things in my life are balanced then I can be happy.

Reactions: tuna

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Yes, isn't that one of the ultimate goals of life? Happiness is the only thing I want - which necessitates learning, exploring, breathing, perceiving, analyzing, wondering, creating...

·
Registered
ENFP
4,206 Posts
I desire happiness, I desire bliss. Happiness to me is a sense of satisfaction, feeling that I did the best I could do with myself, knowing that no matter what, I'll be safe.

When I think of happiness, I think of life moving like a spinning wheel.. everything connects and just makes sense..

Happiness to me, in my mind is a sense of clarity. From a spiritual standpoint- it feels innocent/pure, sort of like being a kid again, but obtaining the wisdom of an old soul.

Most of all, I think happiness relates to being able to share with others the warm feelings we feel inside. When people are sad, mad, angry, it reverberates, literally.. sorta like a chain affect.. to be able to help ease that tension, to be able to share a sense of respect and happiness towards those who need it most? Feels like a sense of completion, because my own happiness is just as equally as important as to those around me. That's what love is all about. Happiness cannot exist without that unconditional feeling either..

Now I'm totally emoting all over the place, but that's my answer in a bizarro nutshell. :happy:

·
Cafe Legend and MOTM Jan 2011
15,420 Posts
Yes. Happiness is the state of feeling securely intimate, and being loved and accepted by someone I love and accept. It's one of those impossible ideals.

·
Registered
23 Posts
No, people suck. The world suck. I suck.

Kidding, just reading what I wrote made me cherish happiness even more so.

Instead of giving a book answer of some terminology, happiness to me is me 80 years old sipping hot cocoa by the fireplace in a fuzzy bathrobe sitting next to my wife and dog with the snow piling up

...and rocking out to Linkin Park

·
Registered
447 Posts
Happiness is our imagination. This is true because, no matter how fulfilled my "needs" are, if I don't want to be happy, I won't be happy.

·
Registered
3,421 Posts
Wouldn't all those things factor into overall happiness? I think that it takes a lot of things to achieve complete happiness. When the important things in my life are balanced then I can be happy.
Not necessarily. It might bring a general sense of satisfaction, of having accomplished something meaningful, but again, happiness is a vague enough concept and can be reached in so many different ways that I would not want to live a life that is solely dedicated to making myself as happy as possible. Obviously if I obtain happiness or satisfaction as a product of reaching my goals, then it would be a plus. But if I decide to make "helping others" a major goal in my life, then I must endure much heartache and anger as I try to help those who have been abused or hurt, the poor and disadvantaged, the disabled, etc. So yes I will hopefully be gratified by having lived my life according to certain values but there is the risk that I may not be as happy as having lived a less principled life. But I will have the satisfaction of having done the right honorable thing, of having helped people who were struggling, and even if I failed many times and felt furious and hurt, I also had moments of victory, and lived a life that was worth living.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts