Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was reading "way of the peaceful warrior" the other day and one of my conclusion is: you are what you do, not what you think.

and read something like the mind is there to disturb you, so basically you've got to get rid of too much Ti

Humans are creature of emotions, not logic. You do things you want because it make you feel the way you want to. Then you use logic to rationalise why you did it.

Using stereotypes, you fix things for people around you because you want to feel independent, feel good, and contributing to others (getting acceptance, and feeling connections)

So, my question: do you take pride of being labeled as those aloof, distant guys/girls, I know you're not trying to be, you just be. Do you sometimes wish you could get in touch more with your feelings? not in a whiny, emotional drama way

and how?

or may be my inferior Fe strikes again:tongue:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I was reading "way of the peaceful warrior" the other day and one of my conclusion is: you are what you do, not what you think.

and read something like the mind is there to disturb you, so basically you've got to get rid of too much Ti

Humans are creature of emotions, not logic. You do things you want because it make you feel the way you want to. Then you use logic to rationalise why you did it.

Using stereotypes, you fix things for people around you because you want to feel independent, feel good, and contributing to others (getting acceptance, and feeling connections)

So, my question: do you take pride of being labeled as those aloof, distant guys/girls, I know you're not trying to be, you just be. Do you sometimes wish you could get in touch more with your feelings? not in a whiny, emotional drama way

and how?

or may be my inferior Fe strikes again:tongue:
Do I take pride? But that's an emotion...

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
I mean like are you ok with it? deep inside all of us want to feel, we are humans, how do you cope with that, in general, how ISTPs deal with it

become more expressive to your feelings
I just express them.

Assuming I feel consciously in the first place.

·
Registered
950 Posts

Wait, what? We should try to ignore our minds? WHAT??? Seriously, this book gives across a weird meaning if that is the case. The you are what you do, not what you think part is true. What goes on in your head does not impact the world unless you act on it. Therefore it doesn't matter if its thinking or feeling going on. I really think you've reached to wrong conclusion from a valid principle. Indeed, I often find it is the feelers who disagree with your statement believing that it is better to do a bad thing with good intentions than the other way around.
Humans are creates of both. If we were just creatures of emotion we would just do what ever made us feel good. There would be no planning, no one working, no food, and basically the world would collapse. If we were creatures of logic than we would be nothing but a circuit board. Neither of these are the case.
Or the cold bastard view that you help others in order to get them to owe you something. Don't get me wrong, I like helping people, but its less about any of those feelings, and more about feeling skilled, a sense of responsibility and ensuring I have the moral high ground.

and how?
I would like the be able to notice and classify them more easily and maybe hold on to the good ones yeah, but other than that? No.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I mean like are you ok with it? deep inside all of us want to feel, we are humans, how do you cope with that, in general, how ISTPs deal with it

become more expressive to your feelings
I was joking you know! To answer your question seriously, I don't know if I want to change the way I express emotion, and I'm quite frankly not bothered by it! It does get annoying when my Fe-dom mother calls me "spock" or "a robot" though...

·
Registered
723 Posts
I don't wish or really want to feel any more than I naturally do. I don't have any urge to express my 'feelings' to others. When I am feeling some strong type of emotion, I spend time alone and figure it out. I would never want to, or intentionally, become more expressive with my emotions.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
No and no.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I am what I am.
I feel what I feel in the moment. Simple.
I don't feel the need to be more "expressive".

Reactions: xfatalxsnipez

·
Registered
829 Posts
I`m a xxTP. I like being a thinker & I feel I`m enough in touch with my emotions . I have had few tense emotional experiences & think with a logical mind you have a more comfortable life. We, human beings, do things that make us feel better & this type of "feeling" isn`t same as emotions.You can feel something whether you are a feeler type or not.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
As much as I'd like to see myself as some aloof badass who rides in on a Harley at the last second...

No. If I appear aloof and distant, it's not out of trying to be - I literally could not give enough of a shit about other people to summon up the kinds of emotions people expect from me. Even when I do think that I'm being all friendly and open it all comes out the same any way :/

It sucks living in my head sometimes.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Well, most of my friends don't understand me.
Some of them say I am missing a part of brain. (I answer I'm missing the part that makes people act like whiny bitches)
Alotta times I get called a robot.
Some even think I might be a sociopath.

Conclusion? I really don't care.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Oh, haha sorry I just didn't know what you meant. I'm foreign so it makes everything justifiable.
Not that I knew that people like sociopaths.

(istp freaks ...)

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
Don't worry, we're just trying to make you feel welcome. And you didn't say you were a sociopath, you said you appear that way to others. It's an ISTP thing...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts