Personality Cafe banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah, I'm addicted. So what? It happens. Lol.

I am convinced that the writers of Glee must be ENFPs. At the very least the character Mr. Shue, is SUCH a huge ENFP to me. I relate to just about every facet about him: the adult kid inside, the heart to teach, his passion, his idealism, empowering the individual, teaching tolerance, wanting to integrate the world, fighting for his students and himself (totally Fi), finding solutions in an unorthodox, is open mindedness. Most importantly: He stays true to his values. Also the fact that he falls in love with a counselor... I could see that being an ENFP thing too. Hahaha!

I just watched the Mattress episode where Mr. Shue tells his students "The best teachers don't give you the answers. They just point the way and let you make your own choices – your own mistakes. That way, you get all the glory, and you deserve it." And I was like "get outta my head Mr. Shue!" It was freaky weird. Those are MY words and my beliefs. It was crazy and delightful.

Glee makes me feel very normal. It's a roller coaster of emotions and complex sides of personalities>>>that's where I think ENFPs are the writers.

And I also think the character Rachel is ENFJ. TOTALLY!

What do those of you watch Glee think about Mr. Shue or others?

Reactions: limelight3

·
Registered
815 Posts
How weird that I actually just posted in the "type the Glee cast" thread cause I was thinking about Rachel. I think the writers are pretty inconsistent with her. She obviously TALKS like an NF, but doesn't really act like one. I mean, ENFJ, for example, while she might prefer harmonious relationships, if it doesn't serve her, she is willing to do whatever it takes to get her way. She's extremely selfish at times--definitely not an NF trait. She also isn't very good on picking up on other's feelings and emotions.

I love the show though.

I started watching it during the break between the first and second half of Season 1, and when I told my cousin I just started watching she was like "I can't believe you weren't watching all along...the show just screams kaycee."

·
MOTM Nov 2010
10,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How weird that I actually just posted in the "type the Glee cast" thread cause I was thinking about Rachel. I think the writers are pretty inconsistent with her. She obviously TALKS like an NF, but doesn't really act like one. I mean, ENFJ, for example, while she might prefer harmonious relationships, if it doesn't serve her, she is willing to do whatever it takes to get her way. She's extremely selfish at times--definitely not an NF trait. She also isn't very good on picking up on other's feelings and emotions.

I love the show though.

I started watching it during the break between the first and second half of Season 1, and when I told my cousin I just started watching she was like "I can't believe you weren't watching all along...the show just screams kaycee."
Wow you should meet my bff ENFJ girlfriend. She is an opera singer. In college, if she didn't like a girl or was threatened vocally, she plotted their demise. And she would succeed. And holy crap- if she was ever double casted in a role, you could pretty much expect the other girl's reputation to be ruined by my ENFJ friend's gossip. In addition, she forced her boyfriend to stay with her. Even when he didn't want to. Then he had an affair, and she still made him stay in relationship.

I used to be scared of her. Most were. She came across as "full of herself", but she has really mellowed out over the years. She is focusing less on being threatened by others and much more into helping them. Most of my friends are ENFJs as well as my ex husband. I see so many similarities.

But yeah, I think that whole show is very ENFP.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts