• Only in certain circumstances

Votes: 35 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 38 31.9%
1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I usually wear a little(like a quick swipe of mascara and some lip balm) but sometimes I just dont feel like putting any on. I wear it for special occasions. I enjoy playing with it actually, it can be fun to experiment and make it sort of cool and artsy looking(even if not in public all the time).

·
Registered
130 Posts
HAHA, no. It's wayyy to much hassle, and I like my natural look. :) Only really for special occasions. :happy:

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I usually wear a little(like a quick swipe of mascara and some lip balm) but sometimes I just dont feel like putting any on. I wear it for special occasions. I enjoy playing with it actually, it can be fun to experiment and make it sort of cool and artsy looking(even if not in public all the time).
Me too! I love to experiment on how to get the look I've seen and like. But it's too much effort for me to actually wear it everyday. :laughing: I care more about extra sleeping time than looking good.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I tend to cake it on, i have spots like no ones buisness and cus i'm incredibly self consious I carry a bag of foundation everywhere, i'll wear it in the swimming pool, when i go to bed at someones house and most likely when i'm going shopping. I wish i had a perfection complexion XD
I don't go extra with eyeshadow an shizz, just the consealers mostly.

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Daily? How 'bout ever? Well, I do on Halloween, but that's quite different. My mother, an ISFP raised by an ESFx, is really quite bothered by my disposition.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I almost never wear makeup, definitely not on a daily basis. I probably would for a special occasion, but even on occasions where I do wear makeup I wear very little and it's all in natural tones so it's barely visible. I used to work at a salon and had to wear makeup to work everyday and I hated it. I didn't even own any makeup when I got that job - I had to go out and buy some and I was 19 at the time.

·
MOTM Dec 2011
8,651 Posts
I LOVE makeup. I think it's fun & creative. I like to play with different looks. It's a form of artistic self-expression. I think "natural" is a bit dull & overrated. I like the opportunity to express the internal self in an aesthetic way.

On an everyday basis, I keep it light & easy & fast. I do wear it to "polish" my looks also. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and like my skin to be as flawless as possible - I like the control over my appearance that makeup gives me. I also like to feel "groomed", as I do think it affects people's demeanor (I mean my OWN, not just how people respond to me). Around the house, I'm comfortable without makeup, and I don't freak out if people see me without it, but I honestly feel a bit naked without it. It's like the equivalent of wearing PJs in public to me...

·
Registered
717 Posts
I am addicted to Carmex. I usually wear concealer, but I wish I didn't. Mascara, depending on my mood. I wear eyeliner when I am in a bad mood and want people to stay away.

Reactions: saturnbug

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
When I'm at home... No. If I have to go out and see people, then I'll put on some mascara. Maybe a swipe of clear lip gloss. But that's it.

I hate the fake look.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I'm a male, adding my thoughts here. I've only worn make-up twice in my life, both occasions where girls at school had this badgering obsession about putting make-up on me, and somehow I let them. It was horrible. Never....again.

By the way, I am most attracted to girls who use make-up modestly for their regular basis, and aren't afraid to go natural sometimes. If she likes to go a little heavy on it for certain occasions, that's ok, and I may find it attractive. What I don't find attractive is when I don't even know what a girl would even look like without using 2 tablespoons of mascara, blush, and lipstick, or super-gloss...something inside me wants to have an impression of the natural appearance, and to know she can embrace that aspect of her because, well, it is her!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I absolutely love playing with makeup! But I hardly ever wear it anymore, and when I do it's only on special occasions, or when I just feel like I need that extra boost of confidence. It also strangely puts me in a good mood sometimes. I used to put on makeup every day when I was in college, but that was when I had a lot more time in the morning, and these days I'd rather sleep an extra 10 mins in the morning. :crazy:

·
Registered
INFP
1,484 Posts
I didn't really wear makeup in high school, sans a little blush and mascara, but since starting college I have worn it daily. I used to say that I liked the "natural" look and all of that, but then I realized that, that was just my personal excuse for being lazy.

Whether or not it's fair, people will always judge you based on your physical appearance. The way I present myself is something I actually have control over. Therefore, I like to use makeup to create a more polished--even professional--look so that people will take me more seriously.

I don't wear heavy makeup. No noticeable eyeliner, and usually no eye shadow at all. I admire true makeup artists, but I'm not quite skilled (or brave) enough with makeup application to wear anything too crazy like that in public.

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm a cosmetics junkie. I love wearing make-up and the art of putting it on. It's fun for me, but I also enjoy the days (very rarely) when I just wake-up, lounge around the house, and don't wear a lick of make-up on my face.

But yeah...I heart Huckabees...uhh...I mean make-up! :wink:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts