Personality Cafe banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when things in my life really get to me, i totally withdraw from society. you probably havent seen me on the forum lately and thats why, and my friends are really sick of it. im already pretty introverted but now its like whoaa! do you do this too??

·
Registered
751 Posts
Indeed, I often have a desire to cut myself loose from social trappings and be left to my own devices. I have deleted my facebook on numerous occasions - the first time I didn't think I could live without it but I completely deleted (and not de-activated the thing) and haven't missed it. I've made two more since then which I have deleted - only to re-activate them when work colleagues say they miss not being able to talk to me online.

I blame the feelings of freedom. The freedom of being away from everything and left to your own emotions, dreams, ideals and thoughts without reprocussion. Its very enticing.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yes, I've become very withdrawn over the years. It's so strange, because in high school, I was a social butterfly and always had to be somewhere, doing something, with someone. Always. Even though I was shy and didn't like going to big parties or anything, I've always cherished one-on-one time with ONE person who didn't judge me. I guess now that I have that person at home as my partner I need nobody else. I don't call, I don't write. I don't even hang out with my best friend from junior high who came thousands of miles out here also from our little hometown. The weirdest part is I've found that people take this as snobbiness, or uncaring. I care about other people like my friends and family A LOT...yet part of me won't let me enter into the full obligations of close relationships.

·
Registered
291 Posts
All the time. Sometimes I just find human interaction way too frustrating and I just want to be left alone. I find people seem to expect alot from you, yet are unwilling to reciprocate. It takes to much energy to try to be a "good friend" to people who don't really seem to value friendship.

·
Registered
4,835 Posts
when things in my life really get to me, i totally withdraw from society. you probably havent seen me on the forum lately and thats why, and my friends are really sick of it. im already pretty introverted but now its like whoaa! do you do this too??
once in awhile i withdraw from me friends just basically to"prove they don't care"or in other words i just won't bother contacting them at all-course they always end up coming to me, this year really i've spent less time with them like earlier this summer i'd not want to hang out more the 4 times a week.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yea.. I do sometimes but I don't think too bad about it, it's not like I do it to "get back" at anyone or trying to prove anything it's just how I am people eventually catch on and notice I don't like to be doing something 24/7 sometimes I just like a little chill time.

·
Registered
576 Posts
Over the years I think it's become less but not by much. I can't help it but sometimes I just get tired of being around people. My head starts to hurt, my nerves get bad, I talk less. Of course being that way is going to bring misunderstandings. Not everybody can understand how a person just has to be alone sometimes. I understand that just comes with the territory of being that way.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Sometimes I wish I could just withdraw from society; turn off my cellphone etc. But I think I'm too affraid of society "banning" me while I'm away. Well, mostly my friends..

Anyway, when you get to the point in your life where you move out and have to get a job, society is simply unignorable; there's so much you have to attend to.

But it's not too bad. For me, anyway.. When I'm out in society, even if I'm at a bad place in my life and feeling horrible, I'm able to put those feelings aside and deal with them when I get home.

·
Registered
105 Posts
yeah! when im unhappy, having a bad month or something, i get really extra introverted and then i get more depressed feeling and its a downward spiral...it seems weird to me that when im happiest i am very E. shouldnt we be happiest when we are acting our true types?

there are a lot of ways i could probably answer my own question there, haha, but one theory i have is that when i am feeling more confident i am more E. Often times I am very happy when i am alone though. i think when i go really introverted when i am surrounded by people, a problem happens there. this year in particular i had this one friend, SUPER long story dont really want to get into all the reasons we are no longer friends, but part of the reason we drifted apart was that i had some bitterness towards her buried deep down *didnt want to cause conflict* and so i would talk less to her, ie introverted, because i was unhappy. then the unhappiness lead to more introvertedness around her. and she noticed, and took it more personally than i felt it was. also i think i built up our problems more than they really were because i thought, well if im not talking to her then i am mad at her, even if i cant put the reasons into words i know i have good reasons. there are other reasons we (well, I) ended the friendship too but that helped it along to ending it.

look at that, i tried to make that not ramble but it kinda did....oh well. thank God you're infps that understand :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts