Personality Cafe banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bear with me...

A user started me onto seeing some similarities I seem to share with another personality type (thanks for your response VroomVroom), then I began to see a pattern I'd go through. I've heard someone usually doesn't test as one type 100% of the time anyway being that we all go through our trials and we must possess all elements of the mbti to be human. Makes sense to me. A pattern I've seen is how in tests my sensing is low and how my intuition always rivals it. And I'd gone through an isfp phase as well.

As an istp I'm not much on problem solving. I feel the urge to let out my ideas and solve the hell outta problems, but I'm not quick on my mind's feet with them. My head works another way so my sensing tests low, though I always sense more than I intuit. I'm waaaaay in the moment.

I deeply value people and their unique qualities even if I don't admit it. I just rather not obligate myself to friendship until they make likeable additions (gosh that sounds shallow...). Depending on my life situation, T and F bounce To and Fro (see what I did there? lol)

I'm comfortably istp. That's my equilibrium state. However, I'm a...pseudo-neutral infp. Or so it feels like. It would explain why I get so...well weird. Not 'cuz infps are weird, but the conglomeration of all the habits. I'm distant and discerning but warmness and incessant mind bubbles nearly equally balance out my identity. It's like...loving to see people do well and yet doing anything to get/stay ahead at the same time. Anyway, it's an interesting theory to me. Does this cross existence ring familiar to anyone else? Why?

i'ma add a smiley for good measure... :dry:

·
Registered
118 Posts
Still uncertain about your type? On some tests I got a wrong result.

I found this test, which focusses on functions to be very accurate:
Keys 2 Cognition - Cognitive Processes

Maybe you want to try that.

I guess we can all see a few aspects of other personality types fit us as well, but usually one type fits so much better than the others, but it's not always obvious at first which one it is.

·
Banned
193 Posts
Hey Le9acyMuse, I've found this kind of stuff really confusing at one point too. The big confusion is that type profiles tend to talk about behavioral attributes, while the MBTI in its roots is really talking about cognitive processes, which creates an archetype that the person explores around in; it's not "personality" in the way we colloquially use the term.

Looking at type by cognitive process, it becomes easier to tell your type if your preferences seem close to each other. For example, you can tell a tertiary-emphasizing ISFP (uses more N than S) from a regular INFP (also uses more N than S) by seeing whether they use Si&Ne (INFP) or Se&Ni (ISFP).

Do you have a video of yourself talking? If you'd like help finding your type better I have an easier time telling people's types from visual cues than what they say.

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
What does pseudo-neutral INFP mean?

I've come to the conclusion I use Ti and Fi about equally if that bears any relevance to the topic. I know I use Se-Ni, but I don't use Fe at all, and only rarely Te, So I gave up on trying to choose between ISFP and ISTP.

·
MOTM June 2010
2,507 Posts
Bear with me...

A user started me onto seeing some similarities I seem to share with another personality type (thanks for your response VroomVroom), then I began to see a pattern I'd go through. I've heard someone usually doesn't test as one type 100% of the time anyway being that we all go through our trials and we must possess all elements of the mbti to be human. Makes sense to me. A pattern I've seen is how in tests my sensing is low and how my intuition always rivals it. And I'd gone through an isfp phase as well.

As an istp I'm not much on problem solving. I feel the urge to let out my ideas and solve the hell outta problems, but I'm not quick on my mind's feet with them. My head works another way so my sensing tests low, though I always sense more than I intuit. I'm waaaaay in the moment.

I deeply value people and their unique qualities even if I don't admit it. I just rather not obligate myself to friendship until they make likeable additions (gosh that sounds shallow...). Depending on my life situation, T and F bounce To and Fro (see what I did there? lol)

I'm comfortably istp. That's my equilibrium state. However, I'm a...pseudo-neutral infp. Or so it feels like. It would explain why I get so...well weird. Not 'cuz infps are weird, but the conglomeration of all the habits. I'm distant and discerning but warmness and incessant mind bubbles nearly equally balance out my identity. It's like...loving to see people do well and yet doing anything to get/stay ahead at the same time. Anyway, it's an interesting theory to me. Does this cross existence ring familiar to anyone else? Why?

i'ma add a smiley for good measure... :dry:
We talked when you first came to the forum. It will really benefit you to learn more about type if you're going to seriously type yourself. So far a claim to "deeply value people" gives me an indication that you're not ISTP. Why did you switch from ISFP? Warmness can never be the trait of a dominant thinking type, whether Te or Ti.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone. I'm having trouble because my personality and my inclinations are sorta mismatched. Some outside determinant could be affecting me. My personality sides with istp but it doesn't account for my more inspired side which would go more for infp or isfp. Thunderbear's quiz gave me some measurements. Came back isfp, but introverted feeling and extraverted thinking and introverted thinking were all in each's vicinity. by 1 point more or less.

I value people and sympathize with struggles. I relate. I also don't want to be close to people and really "feel" them. Not outta fear of pain; I find typical friendship less important than advancing myself and honing things to perfection. It's how my environment has affected me.

by pseudo-neutral I meant fake-in-between. can't be both, but they are both coaxing.

Maybe I should put up a video, but here: they say isfp. i can't claim the "f." i'd sooner an "n."

extraverted Sensing (Se) ******************************** (32.6)
good use
introverted Sensing (Si) ****************************** (30.4)
good use
extraverted Intuiting (Ne) ************************** (26.5)
average use
introverted Intuiting (Ni) ****************** (18.9)
limited use
extraverted Thinking (Te) ************************************** (38.4)
excellent use
introverted Thinking (Ti) ************************************* (37.7)
excellent use
extraverted Feeling (Fe) ***************** (17.9)
limited use
introverted Feeling (Fi) ************************************** (38.4)
excellent use

1 - 6 of 6 Posts