Personality Cafe banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to post this in one of the threads about the "personality types of whole countries", but I'm wondering more about how things might have changed throughout history or where things might be heading for developing countries.

Would one personality type help some women find a husband, while maybe their opposite types would be pushed aside in the past or in countries where the women plays more of a submissive role?

Maybe compare American women from say the earlier 1900's to one's from after the 60's or 70's? Has there been a noticeable change in personality types / a shift in the percentages of some types?

Or, maybe in the countries where some types of out-going personalities have been looked down apon, while the submissive type of workers move forward???

The thought that is going through my head is flipping from yes to no and back again.

On one hand, throughout time we have needed outgoing people to explore, to find new land, countries, supplies, but most of them have been men, more times then not, so it wasn't that big of a deal if they were out-going. On the other hand, looking at how women weren't even't allowed to drive or vote until relatively recent years, even in the US, makes me think that is was not a good thing to be too out-going.

Now looking at growing countries like China, I see people's rights changing, allowing them to show more of their personality without fair of getting in trouble. Or, from what I hear about how the children are raised and taught in schools, where it's not really excepted for someone to ask questions. So if a person is not allowed to express themselves or ask questions, then they might not get a good job, which then means they might not look like they would make for a good husband. So do the personality types that don't fit in get pushed a side, leaving one or a few major groups to rise?

Respectfully,

SirDude

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
As far as MBTI goes, yes, I do believe it's possible that environment, society and culture shapes it as the generations go on. So yeah, I would say you are probably on to something.

The first thing that comes to my mind is the industrial revolution. New big factories created a lot of jobs....Jobs that were mostly hands on, put things together, assembly lines, repeated tasks. What type is more fit for this? SP's and SJ's. And what type currently has the largest population according to the theory? SJ's and SP's. So I'm kind of thinking on a pretty large scale here, but I think that with computers and gaming and technology on the rise, the start of the "bionic age", we may start to see a rise in N types.

Or maybe the world will always be dominated by S types because the N's need them to carry out their ideas and perform the tasks that an N would be unwilling to do XD I can totally see a group of N types being the brains behind most of the industrial revolution....Always have to be changing things and improving things, coming up with new ideas for how things could be in the future, but being unwilling to stick around long after its put into practice. I know you won't catch ME dead in a factory doing that kind of work, even if it WAS my idea.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
As far as MBTI goes, yes, I do believe it's possible that environment, society and culture shapes it as the generations go on. So yeah, I would say you are probably on to something.

The first thing that comes to my mind is the industrial revolution. New big factories created a lot of jobs....Jobs that were mostly hands on, put things together, assembly lines, repeated tasks. What type is more fit for this? SP's and SJ's. And what type currently has the largest population according to the theory? SJ's and SP's. So I'm kind of thinking on a pretty large scale here, but I think that with computers and gaming and technology on the rise, the start of the "bionic age", we may start to see a rise in N types.

Or maybe the world will always be dominated by S types because the N's need them to carry out their ideas and perform the tasks that an N would be unwilling to do XD I can totally see a group of N types being the brains behind most of the industrial revolution....Always have to be changing things and improving things, coming up with new ideas for how things could be in the future, but being unwilling to stick around long after its put into practice. I know you won't catch ME dead in a factory doing that kind of work, even if it WAS my idea.
First, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.

So based on what you are saying, a country that is known for it's manufacturing workforce could have a high percentage of S Types and the countries that are known for they technology could be more of the N Types? Take a country like German, they are known for their engineering, is there a higher chance of the population being N's or does it even out more since it takes more then one factory worker to build the things the engineer designed?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts