Personality Cafe banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Does anyone else Enneagram type their pets? XD

I do. We have two cats, one is a 4w5 Sp/So, the other is a 6w5 Sp/Sx (phobic).

Anyone else have pets that they type?

Reactions: Lord Bullingdon

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Sure, but it's kinda boring because all cats are actually 5s

Reactions: o0india0o

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sure, but it's kinda boring because all cats are 5s
Neither of my cats are Type 5. :tongue:

I've even met some Type 7 cats (this I know for sure).

·
Subterranean Homesick Alien
11,928 Posts
Neither of my cats are Type 5. :tongue:

I've even met some Type 7 cats (this I know for sure).
I was just joking lol. I don't type my pets, I just dress them up in baby clothing

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was just joking lol. I don't type my pets, I just dress them up in baby clothing
Ha Ha! I tried that once. It was decidedly less fun than I thought it would be (mostly due to my cats noncompliance with the activity). :)

Reactions: Vaka

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
9,085 Posts
I have a 6 dog, a 7 dog, an 8w7 hermit crab, and a very sweet 9w8 Chia Pet.

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
I used the cat temperament sorter, it was more fun. But if I had to Enneagram my cats I think I have a...

3w2 male cat...aka the cuddle slut
8w7 female....the attention whore who bosses everyone around.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I have a SP 8 and a SX7 shorthair cat. I would say that it's totally viable to type animals because their gut-center is quite easy to distinguish, but probably less so for the heart-center :p
Ha Ha! This is true!

My husband and I were laughing about a Type 3 cat. Not sure what that would look like. But I imagine it involves a business suit. :D

One of our cat's is Type 4, and you can tell that sometimes our family struggles with this dynamic. It sometimes stresses my husband (Type 9) and I (Type 7) out when she gets into her occasional "depressive moods", but that's just her. Though, sometimes I do try to cheer her up (she usually detests this "cheering up"). :)

Reactions: Quang

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Ha Ha! This is true!

My husband and I were laughing about a Type 3 cat. Not sure what that would look like. But I imagine it involves a business suit. :D

One of our cat's is Type 4, and you can tell that sometimes our family struggles with this dynamic. It sometimes stresses my husband (Type 9) and I (Type 7) out when she gets into her occasional "depressive moods", but that's just her. Though, sometimes I do try to cheer her up. :)
http://imgace.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/anyone-can-look-cool-but-awesome-takes-practice.jpg

·
Banned
3,255 Posts
Ha Ha! This is true!

My type 3 cat is beautiful, he's a chincilla with silver coat and gorgeous green eyes. But he knows how pretty he is and whenever he gets out of the house he does the rounds of the neighbourhood romancing all the women who live in the street. Seriously this is what he does. They usually give him cheese, his most favourite thing in the world. And he only ever romances human females. So yeah I suppose this is the human equivalent of the business suit if you like. He's a gigolo.

·
Premium Member
45,340 Posts
If I where to type one of the dogs I take care of it would be 2. Helping, playfull, social, manipulative (sorry, lol), protective and polite.
the other one I don't know yet but it is very very active and unusually cuddly at the same time.(!) I can't type it yet.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
I mean, I can't help but notice animals have sets of characteristics that correlate with enneagram types.

My favorite is my mom's dog, who I'd say is a cp6w7. The stories I could tell...

First of all, she's a rescue dog who was found abandoned in a closet as a puppy. I don't know if anything traumatized her, but she's scared of most new situations. This includes new animals and new people. Except she starts freaking out and barking rabidly and jumping around.

It's funny, because she puts up this big display of aggression, but then she'll back down again. One time this friend was staying over at the house, and she'd sit in her cage and growl at him all night long...but if got up to go to the toilet or something she'd fall silent as he walked past. And she'd be perfectly friendly to him during the day. You're never quite sure if she's friend or enemy.

She's my favorite of all my mom's dogs.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Yes. You're probably not "supposed" to, but my dog is a good example of either a 2w3 with strong 7w6 or vice versa. She is extremely energetic and silly but also a bit of an attention whore, which is why I'm confused on her type (yes, I know she's a fucking dog, shut up). If you don't pay attention to her for about ten minutes, she will stick one of her bones under the couch and whine until you get it out. If you don't give her people food or put her halter on she pouts really pathetically and gives you a look. Despite these annoying behaviors, she's a total sweetheart and once she calms down, it's hard not to love her.

Reactions: Electra

·
Premium Member
45,340 Posts
Yes. You're probably not "supposed" to, but my dog is a good example of either a 2w3 with strong 7w6 or vice versa. She is extremely energetic and silly but also a bit of an attention whore, which is why I'm confused on her type (yes, I know she's a fucking dog, shut up). If you don't pay attention to her for about ten minutes, she will stick one of her bones under the couch and whine until you get it out. If you don't give her people food or put her halter on she pouts really pathetically and gives you a look. Despite these annoying behaviors, she's a total sweetheart and once she calms down, it's hard not to love her.
:rolling: :kitteh::rolleyes:

Reactions: Flaming Bassoon

·
Banned
4,790 Posts
My cat is a total phobic 6w5 SP.

She bolts into her safe space (my closet) the minute she hears a car door in the driveway or a stranger in the house.
She won't let anyone but three people see, let alone touch, her.
She's clingy as frick after she's been holed up in her closet all day because we had company over.
She's a nagging jerk when she wants something, and very much knows how to tell you what she wants.
She expects routine upon routine, and nags even more if it's disturbed.
She refuses to be an inside cat, but she's trained herself to not leave the (fenced) yard.

She was between 6-8 weeks old and feral, with no mother, when we found her, so... I can't blame her, I guess. She's a really tolerant cat all said, though, and will literally hold conversations with you which is cool ^_^

1 - 20 of 25 Posts