Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 19. INFP. Lonely.
I feel like nobody really cares about me, and that I am an option in every ones life.
I get in these moods when nobody is talking to me, and I have nothing to do, so I just decide to take a nap. In dreams there is ALWAYS someone else there who is talking to me, or interacting with me in someway, and that is better than being alone, plus when I wake up maybe somebody will have something to say to me..
Anybody else ever do this?

·
Registered
254 Posts
I am 19. INFP. Lonely.
I feel like nobody really cares about me, and that I am an option in every ones life.
I get in these moods when nobody is talking to me, and I have nothing to do, so I just decide to take a nap. In dreams there is ALWAYS someone else there who is talking to me, or interacting with me in someway, and that is better than being alone, plus when I wake up maybe somebody will have something to say to me..
Yeah. I'll take naps whenever just to escape having to do anything. I generally actually do have something to do, though, so it's more a means of procrastination and avoidance than anything. Dreams are the same for me: I'm always interacting with some figment of my imagination, so they tend to be a lot more... fun... than just sitting around in my room avoiding what I'll inevitably have to do.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I plead guilty as charged. I guess I should be doing something useful or reading a book or writing something meaningful. But, no. I don't rely too much on dreams, though. I tend more towards imaginary conversations with imaginary people. However, I'm usually comfortably in bed while having imaginary conversations, and I tend to fall asleep, especially since my sleeping schedule is really messed up.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I can't nap... but I will go to bed early if I'm upset or bored. When I'm asleep, I can't think. I often over-think the shit out of the things. So not cool, bro.

·
(ノ´ヮ´)ノ*:・゚✧
5,110 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I been taking more naps I as I get older, and I kind of find that bothersome, mainly after I eat lunch or dinner sometimes. Could be stress very slowly having its toll over my health. I never needed to nap when I was a kid, but just being in my room at home playing video games or writing stories is enough at taking my mind off of the world. Hell, being away from work or people is enough.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
I never really napped. I was never much of a napper to begin with. I do space out though. When I get into that kind of mood, I do things that are strangely productive... like clean my room. This period is often my "time for a walk" moments.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I do this a lot. I'll even wake up to have breakfast, and proceed to go to sleep for another couple of hours. During the summer anyway.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am 19. INFP. Lonely.
Yes, I used to sleep through all sorts of important things, and ended up missing out on those that would bring me out of my isolated stupor. Often during the evenings when my housemates were doing things they'd wake me to invite me to join them, but I'd be too groggy to really care and missed out on a lot of opportunities to have a really good time. It's really alienating to others when you are sleeping all the time instead of being with them.

I try intermittantly to set myself up for pleasant dreams of emotional connection and the like, but they tend to come fairly randomly. I would mostly sleep around 3pm-8pmish, to avoid the awkward hours between the true day time where I sometimes still feel okay from my night's rest (or not, as it may be), and the true night where I am safe and can be alone (or go out, when I used to do that more often). Nowadays I rarely am able to nap, but I probably still would if I was able, the world can be horrible and it is easier faced in small chunks. But it's really not a good idea I don't think, being with people is what made me feel better and dealing with bad feelings by avoiding them only made the problem worse.

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Unless I didn't get much sleep the night before I don't nap very much, but I try to when I am really emotionally stressed. I just end up laying in the dark for awhile, but it helps nonetheless.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I do this once and awhile, but I'll always just think to myself I'm gonna just lay down for a few minutes and end up sleeping anyway.

·
Registered
962 Posts
I used to in my teens and twenties, but I learned that it was messing up my sleep "architecture" and was told to stop, haha. Now I just find a solitary place to recline that isn't too dark and daydream for up to an hour at a time.

·
Premium Member
15,517 Posts
I love naps when I can fit them in. I usually nap because of the sensation I feel called *tiredness in the afternoon*.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Throughout high school, I would go through this type of phase whenever I found myself with inordinate amounts of time on my hands, such as during school breaks or for summer vacation. Ultimately, I've found that getting reprieve from reality via sleeping/napping feels its best after a day filled with work/activity. When I used to try napping as "entertainment" during days in which I never really did anything, I'd just be putting my body in a sort of unnatural stupor that ended up feeling worse than the boredom I was trying to avoid in the first place. :tongue:

·
Registered
1,793 Posts
I can't nap without falling asleep forever until someone wakes me. :tongue:

To escape the real world I usually play games, draw or watch something

1 - 20 of 33 Posts