Personality Cafe banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I feel like an outcasted outcast. Not many people get me. Although, where I live, I stand out quite a bit as far as physical traits, I just can't seem to get even the tiniest bit of notice. Sometimes I think that even my friends don't see me. Does anybody else run into this or is there something wrong with me? (*I really appologize if that sounded whiny or like I was complaining too much*):unsure:

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
lol nah its alright. you are new here. you already made a thread far before i ever did.

on to the subject.

I dont really have to check. i am invisible or well atleast might as well classify myself as such. I often leave my house and no one notices. i once was in a room for several minutes until someone even noticed me. I often surprise people that dont notice me walking. A new friend said he saw me while he was at a mall but was too busy to say hello. That caught me by surprise because i didnt notice him lol. it was nice to hear that though.

it doesnt really bother me too much. imagine if i was always noticed O.O! i prefer invisible to the other extreme

·
Banned
3,849 Posts
I believe it is one of INFJ qualities - to be elusive :) You know it is like they show in actions movies - there would be this evil ninja guy who would be all over the place and the other guy would just calmly and patiently watch him, then strike just at the right time and with single blow take him down. That's martial arts the INFJ way :happy:

Joking aside this seems to be a common INFJ modus operandi - to avoid participating and altering events, avoid any sort of 'collisions' with the physical world, patiently watch and observe, conserve energy and get involved only where the INFJ thinks it really matters. You're probably following this pattern of behavior while not fully realizing it. This does make you into a sort of invisible observer.

·
MOTM October 2013
6,445 Posts
Sometimes. And then I accidentally overhear someone talking about me, or randomly get pranked/pounced/given a gift, which means they have been noticing me after all.

How can someone feel so surrounded and so lonely at the same time? It's baffling. I don't put myself out there much, I guess. And I feel rejection more strongly than being accepted (due to some traumas in the past), especially when my other friends haven't been rejected in the same way, or just in general get more attention than I do. And then suddenly someone starts talking to me out of the blue, and my plans of loneliness get nipped in the bud.

So, I guess in summary, a lot of my rejection/invisible feelings are self-created, but it can still hurt just as badly until someone knocks some sense into me. :happy:

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
You know it is like they show in actions movies - there would be this evil ninja guy who would be all over the place and the other guy would just calmly and patiently watch him, then strike just at the right time and with single blow take him down. That's martial arts the INFJ way :happy:
So, basically...@ertertwert fighting himself? An internal martial arts battle between one and oneself. I gets it! -Plays with my Confucius-esque beard-

I feel invisible all the time, but fact of the matter is, I'm not. But that's because I'm so dang weird--I mean, c'mon--who wouldn't notice the chick sniffing shampoo bottles at the store?!

Hmm, I actually don't like attention. I like acknowledgement. People often confuse the two where I'm concerned. I like to be noted for the things I've said or done with good intention because I like feeling as though what I've said or done matter. Because that means someone's listening. That's really important.

Also, although I have contacts--I prefer to wear my glasses because for some reason I think the world can't see me because my eyes are shielded. Kind of like a one way mirror--that only I can see out, but no one can see it. I feel less vulnerable that way.
:laughing:

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
I believe it is one of INFJ qualities - to be elusive :)
...this seems to be a common INFJ modus operandi - to avoid participating and altering events, avoid any sort of 'collisions' with the physical world, patiently watch and observe, conserve energy and get involved only where the INFJ thinks it really matters. You're probably following this pattern of behavior while not fully realizing it. This does make you into a sort of invisible observer.
Yes, exactly. We want to be left alone so we tend not to bother being social, usually preferring our own company, and then wonder why no one notices us. On the other hand, this personality type does not usually make a big splash in a social situation anyway, probably because of the traits we value and the ones we tend to avoid. And yet we still crave attention, or more accurately, acknowledgement and respect.

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Haha I was playing with my beard as I was reading this and had to inform you of your prophetical powers. lol
Oh, pish posh. I don't have any prophetical powers. We're just that in sync.

....aaaand Most Modest Award of the Year goes to....ohTOMICho!

Because truth is, I do have prophetical powers. :proud:

:tongue:

·
Super Moderator
11,516 Posts
Well, darn, even on this forum, I feel invisible most of the time! Hence, my mood normally states that. :crazy:

·
Registered
917 Posts
I often feel unnoticed in a depressing way, I'll do something really nice for someone, unbidden and unexpected, then they'll walk in, completely ignore me and the effort that I put into making them feel good and I feel like going away for a while.
The only time I'm noticed is when people get up in the morning and are surprised to see I'm still up on my laptop :3
Awh well, life goes on.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Try a change of scene, place or schedule - you'll feel better about yourself. :)
INFJs instinctively avoid scenes and situations where they would be noticed by people. I for one do it, so that I can have an easy exit as and when I want. I know at what time there would not be people around, or when there would be less traffic and when I would be noticed less. At one point even I had developed mechanisms where in a class of 100 no one would ever know that I came to class. It usually starts as a defense mechanism but then becomes chronic. In such situation I usually hope that someone else would approach me to relieve my condition, but people are usually so busy with their lives that it is quite pointless to expect that, though it is very depressing at the same time.
But its not really a good state to be in, it would be good if you could find anyone who is friendly and optimistic to talk to. They need not talk about emotions etc, but should simply be glad to see you. Or may be do something fun for sometime, I read online jokes, after 30 or so I usually start feeling better. :)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I know I feel like an outcasted outcast. Not many people get me. Although, where I live, I stand out quite a bit as far as physical traits, I just can't seem to get even the tiniest bit of notice. Sometimes I think that even my friends don't see me. Does anybody else run into this or is there something wrong with me? (*I really appologize if that sounded whiny or like I was complaining too much*):unsure:
Eh, some people can be very superficial just to notice you, maybe it's just all in the wardrobe, but you shouldn't have to change anything about yourself just to get people to notice you, since if you did you'd probably be attracting hypocrites anyway who are to shallow to think of you as you are. It's better to continue being patient and wait for someone that notices you for you, and thus being sincere about it, than having to go out of your way to impress, adapt, or conform to anybody.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Invisible, definitely. I would suggest reading the book The Ignored by Bentley Little, as it rang a little bit true with me (minus the wild crime sprees).

the conversation
swirls around me
like the autumn leaves
unaware of my presence
oblivion is in the air
I'd walk across the room
like walking into the wind
the resistance
I would love it
if I were to touch it
but I'm standing still
as everyone else
goes about living
the vitality pulses
but it does not reach me
no one can reach me
I'm untouchable
and the leaves continue to fall
long after I'm gone
just as if I was never there

·
Super Moderator
11,516 Posts
Always There
by Dalien
30 Mar 2011

Funny thing about invisible
I don't think they see me
I'm always in the background
Holding up the crumbling walls
Is it because I don't let them
Hold the bricks to build my house
My bricks bear weight from wear
We all have our crumbling halls
I just don't let them see mine
Funny thing about invisible
I always seem to be there

·
Registered
8,664 Posts
Sometimes I wonder how long it would take before people realized I was dead. haha
I actually know there are people I know who would never find out because my family doesn't even know they exist or who they are. My family only knows of my two "real" friends, but I do know tons more people who (kind of talk to me sometimes, but they would at least I hope be heartbroken if I died but they would never find out, lol)

Also think if I died in my room it would probably take a few days before my mom came in to ask me a question or possibly the same day if it happen to be that day to receive a question.

If I went somewhere and died in my car off in the middle of nowhere. Yeah, then it would be a matter of being found by the police.

When I lived in my apartment, had I not worked with my best friend (who if I didn't show up for work for a few days would come and see what was up) other than that it would probably be weeks until the smell was bad enough that the police get called.

Reactions: Dalien
1 - 20 of 29 Posts