Personality Cafe banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
♂️ INFJ 5w4 // IEI-Ni
3,195 Posts
Mmm, there are ways to make me hate it for sure. But if a person has good leadership skills and I respect them and their judgements then I'm probably going to be quite agreeable.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
I usually do the opposite if someone tells me they think I should do something, even if they're not wrong
Everyone hates to be told what to do, it's an natural human reaction. But as humans, we can also control our reactions for the better.

If you are angry in general, you will do this more often, if you aren't angry in general, it's likely your pride can't be that easily hurt so listen to reason more, you will do what other people tell you should so when you think they are not wrong.

If you want to be less angry, try to become an entertaining person. You don't have to go over the top if you don't feel like it, keep it on confortable levels. But if you can become the type of person that can be entertaining to to other people, initiate converstions, hangouts and make them feel included and better in general, it's unlikely that you will keep being that angry.

You can also count the things that you have, others don't, and you appreciate, things like home and where to live, things that your parents and other people have offered you. They're not free, they're free for your but not free in general. If you want to be happy count your blessings.

When people are trying to be bossy with you that hurts your pride so it's understandable why you don't want to do it. Try to be respectful but with dignity. Nobody says that you should humiliate yourself or do things you don't want to do to please others, but perhaps a compromise works. It's also a nice gesture towards them to show that you can be bothered to listen to their advice, even if it ultimately comes down to you whether to listen it or not.

When you know they are right, and you know they mean well, have good intentions towards you, you may as well listen to them and then see whether you agree or disagree. It bothers you that they are trying to tell you what to do, but try to get over this and take the advice for what it is, an advice. Your pride won't be hurt that much and you won't be so badly humiliated if you listen to people once in a while.

Think about it well, what you have to gain? and what you have to lose? you likely don't have anything to lose by just listening to that advice and taking it for what it is. When judge the advice itself: what you have to gain? what you have to lose? to see whether the given advice is worth it or not.

If someone tells you in a bossy way to be more organized, work harder, learn to work your way around and to respect your vision. Will you suddenly become messy, lazy, not caring about anything and change your career path because someone told you the opposite? I don't think so. You are not doing it because that person told you to do it, you are doing it because you judged it for yourself and found you have more to gain by being this way than to lose.

384 Posts
I dislike greatly when people can not associate rapidly themselves what to do, heck, even slowly. So that micromanagement becomes necessary for task fulfillement. So massively inefficient. That is why sometimes is best to lead a team built by oneself. Or always.

Now taking in orders. I enjoy more than immensly respecting guidelines or action plans given by those better and more capable than myself in ANY given scenario and time. But they must be better than me and both path and end outcome MUST be constructive and elevating. So sure, but from someone greater than myself. Which honestly is not a rarity at all in most of the human fields. So learning, leaning and stumbling till the end. :)

21 - 24 of 24 Posts