Personality Cafe banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's a massive problem of mine, and leads to some of my less desirable traits.
Is it an INTP thing, or is it just me? I'm presuming it is.
Also, do you have any examples when it's been a problem for you?

For instance, if a very important piece of work needs completing by tomorrow, my mind immediately starts wanting to do crosswords or something equally useless and timewasting. I don't even like crosswords.

·
Registered
1,658 Posts
I don't really tend to procrastinate that much these days, high school taught me that it was very very bad. That considered, if a project can't hold my interest, it is an extreme uphill struglle for me to get it done and do it well.

·
Registered
69 Posts
This is a massive problem of mine as well.

You are not alone; look at the sea of self-help literature geared towards improving focus as evidence.

1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I should probably point out that right this minute I'm procrastinating, whilst a rather sad looking essay on 'language and power' sitting in the corner of what roughly can be described as my room (I'll clean it tomorrow, I promise).

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I procrastinate certain things but not others. I meet externally-imposed deadlines pretty well overall, but setting and achieving personal goals...eh. :frustrating:

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
we need this shirt.

of course, it is sold out because other people bought it before we could. oh well.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
It happens to me all the time. I keep thinking I have to do that. But then being a thinker I get caught up thinking or on something else and I completely forget. Or I just keep putting it off to the last minute. But then I get to the point where I think right I have to do this now I can't keep putting this off forever

·
Registered
243 Posts
I'm procrastinating right now.

It is something I constantly struggle with. If you count struggling as feeling guilty but still procrastinating as per usual.

·
Banned
369 Posts
I put everything off that doesn't interest me till the very last minute.

·
Registered
6 Posts
This might be a way in which I differ from a lot of you. I almost never procrastinate. It's one of the very few things my dad instilled in me that actually stuck--you get things done and then you don't have to worry about them.

The Concerta probably helps a lot here too, but that's how I approach most things. I get them done as quickly as I possibly can (often sacrificing quality but whatever) so that I can be done with them and not have them on my mind any more.

This is of course for stuff that's really "work." If it's something that I really enjoy, then I'll put it off. I'll hold off on writing all day just to do it at night. I can't tell if it's because I want to give myself something to look forward to, or because I like to hold off on doing something I'll actually enjoy because I'm just that uncomfortable with joy in my life.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
I'm having a bad case of procrastination right now. :confused:

Normally once I get started on something I can stick to it. It's the getting started that is hard.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts